Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pve tickets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
Technically gold is our PVE currency but would you like something a little more challenging and more rewarding? PVE tickets will be earned from killing monsters, doing quests and defeating bosses. The tickets will be kind of like Arena tickets but far different. Gear that you can buy from pve ticket vendors will be non pvp, trade-able and no auction as it Is Pve gear earned from PVE Tickets. The amount of tickets rewarded will be based on what world, what boss and how many kills of that boss.The main purpose of this currency is to push wizards towards helping lower leveled wizards in need of defeating a boss or completing a dungeon that is too difficult for a solo wizard. Higher leveled wizards would be pushed towards teaming up and tackling harder dungeons for bigger output of these tickets(I.E castle darkmoor). Here is how this reward system goes. (Prices of gear/weapons/housing will vary based on the tier of the item). The most expensive item will be the "dream" house at a high: 100,000 tickets.
Wizard city: 1 ticket per quest. 1 ticket per boss kill. 3 tickets for first defeat of Nightshade. 10 tickets for completion of wizrd city.
Krokotopia: 2 tickets per quest. 2 tickets per boss kill. 6 tickets for first defeat of krokopatra. 20 tickets for completion of Krokotopia.
MarleyBone: 3 tickets per quest. 3 tickets per boss kill. 9 tickets for first defeat of meowiarty 30 tickets for completion of marleybone.
Mooshu: 4 tickets per quest. 4 tickets per boss kill. 12 tickets for first defeat of Jade oni. 40 tickets for completion of mooshu.
Dragonspyre: 5 tickets per quest. 5 tickets per boss kill. 15 tickets for first defeat of malistaire. 50 tickets for completion of dragonspyre.
Celestia: 6 tickets per quest. 6 per boss kill. 18 tickets for every boss defeated(first time) in final dungeon. 60 tickets for completion of celestia.
Zafaria: 7 tickets per quest. 7 per boss kill. 21 tickets for each boss defeated(first time) in final dungeon. 70 tickets for completion of Zafaria.
Avalon: 8 tickets per quest. 8 per boss kill. 32 tickets for each boss defeated(first time) in final dungeon. 80 tickets after completion of Avalon.
Azteca: 9 tickets per quest. 9 per boss kill. 36 tickets for each boss defeated(first time) in final dungeon. 90 tickets for completion of Azteca.
Khrysalis part 1: 10 tickets per quest. 10 per boss kill. 100 tickets for completing the first half of khrysalis.
Khrysalis part 2: 15 tickets per quest. 15 per boss kill. 150 tickets for defeat of each boss(first time). 300 tickets for completing khrysalis part 2.
(Tickets earned from defeating a bosses as second time will earn you half of the tickets from defeating the first time - the limit is 1 tickets so in wizard city you'll always earn 1 ticket-).
Disclaimer: Don't worry maxed out wizards you will not start with zero tickets. Tickets can easily be calculated by the number of main quests complete. This currency will be available to all free to play, Crowns buyers and members.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Chris Soulsword on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
Technically gold is our PVE currency but would you like something a little more challenging and more rewarding? PVE tickets will be earned from killing monsters, doing quests and defeating bosses. The tickets will be kind of like Arena tickets but far different. Gear that you can buy from pve ticket vendors will be non pvp, trade-able and no auction as it Is Pve gear earned from PVE Tickets. The amount of tickets rewarded will be based on what world, what boss and how many kills of that boss.The main purpose of this currency is to push wizards towards helping lower leveled wizards in need of defeating a boss or completing a dungeon that is too difficult for a solo wizard. Higher leveled wizards would be pushed towards teaming up and tackling harder dungeons for bigger output of these tickets(I.E castle darkmoor). Here is how this reward system goes. (Prices of gear/weapons/housing will vary based on the tier of the item). The most expensive item will be the "dream" house at a high: 100,000 tickets.
Wizard city: 1 ticket per quest. 1 ticket per boss kill. 3 tickets for first defeat of Nightshade. 10 tickets for completion of wizrd city.
Krokotopia: 2 tickets per quest. 2 tickets per boss kill. 6 tickets for first defeat of krokopatra. 20 tickets for completion of Krokotopia.
MarleyBone: 3 tickets per quest. 3 tickets per boss kill. 9 tickets for first defeat of meowiarty 30 tickets for completion of marleybone.
Mooshu: 4 tickets per quest. 4 tickets per boss kill. 12 tickets for first defeat of Jade oni. 40 tickets for completion of mooshu.
Dragonspyre: 5 tickets per quest. 5 tickets per boss kill. 15 tickets for first defeat of malistaire. 50 tickets for completion of dragonspyre.
Celestia: 6 tickets per quest. 6 per boss kill. 18 tickets for every boss defeated(first time) in final dungeon. 60 tickets for completion of celestia.
Zafaria: 7 tickets per quest. 7 per boss kill. 21 tickets for each boss defeated(first time) in final dungeon. 70 tickets for completion of Zafaria.
Avalon: 8 tickets per quest. 8 per boss kill. 32 tickets for each boss defeated(first time) in final dungeon. 80 tickets after completion of Avalon.
Azteca: 9 tickets per quest. 9 per boss kill. 36 tickets for each boss defeated(first time) in final dungeon. 90 tickets for completion of Azteca.
Khrysalis part 1: 10 tickets per quest. 10 per boss kill. 100 tickets for completing the first half of khrysalis.
Khrysalis part 2: 15 tickets per quest. 15 per boss kill. 150 tickets for defeat of each boss(first time). 300 tickets for completing khrysalis part 2.
(Tickets earned from defeating a bosses as second time will earn you half of the tickets from defeating the first time - the limit is 1 tickets so in wizard city you'll always earn 1 ticket-).
Disclaimer: Don't worry maxed out wizards you will not start with zero tickets. Tickets can easily be calculated by the number of main quests complete. This currency will be available to all free to play, Crowns buyers and members.
It would probably be a nightmare trying to calculate retroactive payouts. Mainly because I doubt KI keeps track of how many times people have defeated each boss. If they do, I'm sure they purge that data after a certain period of time.

An example I can think of (though not a boss) is Elephants in Zafaria. For a while, the second and third badges weren't working. Once they were finally activated, I didn't get credit for any of the Elephants I had killed beyond the first 50 that got me the first badge. The counter stopped keeping track after I reached that first mark.

So let's say you've defeated Slyster Glowstorm 60 times, you're probably only going to get 1 ticket. Or if you've defeated Hades 20 times, you're only going to get 1 ticket.

I don't think it would work simply because a lot of wizards would be shortchanged for their accomplishments to date. But I do think the creativty you put into the idea is worthy of a tip of the hat.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I think this idea has some potential. I could see some form of a PvE Tickets system helping out with the drop rates crisis in high level dungeons. So many people are threatening to rage quit because they cannot get the gear they are pining for.

I think ticket totals might need some adjustment, so that the number of tickets earned matches the challenge level of earning those tickets. Dungeon completion should probably give you the most, and perhaps beating certain bosses (1st time) could give you a fair amount too, but I wouldn't think quest completion or world completion should count that much if at all. Good job graduating the amount of tickets earned per world, that's on point.

Chris Soulsword, very thoughtful effort here.