Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance prisims

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
One problem I have is solo fighting a balance boss. All the other schools have a convert spell that changes their attack to the opposite school. but there is no opposite for balance. I would like to see a balance spell that would convert the attack into maybe a random school type. I know that balance has hydra and chimera that attack with other school types, but when you are in the higher worlds fighting a boss that has 13000 plus health, well those spells really don't do much against them. Then when you use a stronger spell even with blades and traps, the boss's resist is so strong that you hardly do any damage to them.

I really would like to see a convert for balance come up in the future. maybe make it for the higher level wizards to have because that is where it is needed.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Balance doesn't need a prism. It's part of the strength of balance, there is no shield to it, therefore no prism. If you think Chimera can't do much against a boss with only 13,000 health, you're doing it wrong. Spectral Blast works great too. Blade, trap and feint first. There won't be a prism added for Balance, it would require changing the school too much, to the point of making Balance a useless school.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2012
The whole idea behind the school of balance is that it is made up of all the other schools combined. That is why balance does not have a school specific shield, blade, or anything else. To add a balance prism to the school would defy the laws of balance, and would also result in a school specific shield, blade, etc also being needed. Not having school specific charms and wards is what makes Balance so unique.

As far as questing goes, just expect it to be tough :( . Balance is by far the most tricky class to solo quest with, especially at the higher levels. I totally feel your pain!

Find some questing partner-- that's the best advice I can give you!

Aaron GoldenStone

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
But what school would it convert to? Balance has no opposite school.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Autumn Summerbreez... on Dec 6, 2014 wrote:
One problem I have is solo fighting a balance boss. All the other schools have a convert spell that changes their attack to the opposite school. but there is no opposite for balance. I would like to see a balance spell that would convert the attack into maybe a random school type. I know that balance has hydra and chimera that attack with other school types, but when you are in the higher worlds fighting a boss that has 13000 plus health, well those spells really don't do much against them. Then when you use a stronger spell even with blades and traps, the boss's resist is so strong that you hardly do any damage to them.

I really would like to see a convert for balance come up in the future. maybe make it for the higher level wizards to have because that is where it is needed.

Balance has the joy of having spells from every school. So you don't need a convert... I have a level 90 balance gal. Just hit them with chimira (sp?) Balance boss most of the time boost to life/death/myth against them. No we can't go and Ra them or go all sabertooth on them.. but we have work arounds.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
seethe42 on Dec 7, 2014 wrote:
Balance doesn't need a prism. It's part of the strength of balance, there is no shield to it, therefore no prism. If you think Chimera can't do much against a boss with only 13,000 health, you're doing it wrong. Spectral Blast works great too. Blade, trap and feint first. There won't be a prism added for Balance, it would require changing the school too much, to the point of making Balance a useless school.
Seethe isquite right, I have a balance wiz and use all of the techniques/spells he mentioned it also helps to use spells from your second school, in my case that's life which happens to have a boost against Balance as do all spirit based school spells, also try casting elemental diffuse to stop spectral blast attacks

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
I think they should make spirit and elemental prisms. Since balance has no opposite, that is the most reasonable. How it would work: The prism would convert balance randomly to myth death or life for spirit prism, and fire ice or storm for elemental prism.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Autumn Summerbreez... on Dec 6, 2014 wrote:

OK so i seen a lot of wizard complain about the balance not having one so here my ideal for it

so here what i thinking.

sent balance is all the classes why not make the covert be a random thing where you place it on what ever enemy and it will covert you balance magic into what ever will boost on them.

so lets say your a wizard your battling a boss or wizard well the convert would only be able to be used by the balance wizard sent it there class thing well the covert would covert you balance magic into magic the opposite of and when you facing you own class it just pick a random school to turn you magic into.

boom problem solve

pvp wont be affected because people have there shield to there opposites so you convert really wouldn't do you any good there

balance resistance monsters well now you have a way around them.

stop people from crying on the message bored about not having converts.

Grey rose if you see this topic and see my post plz tell me what you think of it.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
Delver
Jun 27, 2013
You can buy all the mass prisms in Avalon
That way, as Balance, you can have 6 convets...
Problem Solved...????
Over half your attack spells as Balance are other schools anyway
So this way, you have 6 useful converts, while the other schools only have 1

Hope I solved this issue...
Have a great day

Morgrim, LvL 100
Morgrim Deathstalker, LvL 100
Keira, LvL 73
Logan, LvL 72
Morgrim, LvL 42
Jessica, LvL 34

Survivor
May 11, 2011
Sarg042 on Dec 9, 2014 wrote:
You can buy all the mass prisms in Avalon
That way, as Balance, you can have 6 convets...
Problem Solved...????
Over half your attack spells as Balance are other schools anyway
So this way, you have 6 useful converts, while the other schools only have 1

Hope I solved this issue...
Have a great day

Morgrim, LvL 100
Morgrim Deathstalker, LvL 100
Keira, LvL 73
Logan, LvL 72
Morgrim, LvL 42
Jessica, LvL 34
This would mean spending training points that Balance should not have to spend. Further still, that would not entirely be helpful. Spectral blast is random, so you would have to sit 3 rounds for a prism, if they show in your deck, or hope that the blast matches whichever prism you placed. Hydra would break your traps out of order between the fire and ice, making the damage not as significant or worth the headache of adding prisms to your strategy.

It is not a matter of converting the balance spells that hit as elements or spirit, but in fact about BALANCE spells themselves translating (Judgement, Ra, Nova, etc.) into another school.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
ElvenGoddess86 on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
This would mean spending training points that Balance should not have to spend. Further still, that would not entirely be helpful. Spectral blast is random, so you would have to sit 3 rounds for a prism, if they show in your deck, or hope that the blast matches whichever prism you placed. Hydra would break your traps out of order between the fire and ice, making the damage not as significant or worth the headache of adding prisms to your strategy.

It is not a matter of converting the balance spells that hit as elements or spirit, but in fact about BALANCE spells themselves translating (Judgement, Ra, Nova, etc.) into another school.
It's a non-issue. The amount of pierce available and the multiple off school damage spells that Balance can use already make this totally unnecessary.