Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mini Friends Update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
Hello all! I think there should be a little update to the friends part of the game! I think when one of your friends get on/offline, There should be a little notification on the side of your screen saying "[insert name here] just got online!" or "[insert name here] just got offline!" Tell me what you think :D

~Alexis (Lexi) DeathCloud

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Sometimes people log in more than once, like if they're switching items between characters. I feel like there ought to be a limit on how many times a notification can come up within 10-15 minutes, otherwise it'll feel like doing battle with pop-up ads like in the early 00s.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
It would also be great if they added player markers on the map in dungeons so you know where all your friends/teammates are.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
Not a bad idea. I would like to see that in the game

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Ryan,

Your idea is really good. Being able to see where friends are on a map is a huge time saver.

Sometimes friends aren't able to readily tell you what boss they're fighting, or the name of the dungeon they're in. Seeing them on a map would allow you to travel to location faster; even with not being able to port directly to them in a dungeon.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I find that when I'm playing my Life wizard I don't need to get notified when they come on-line...they're usually finding me first! More often than not within the first minute I sign on I'm getting requests for help.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Boy I was waiting for a friends list Thread. Ok I have a few possible changes/ideas for friends list.

1: Bulk friend delete (we need an option to be able to remove more than one friend at a time).

2: Friend sorting by level/school/chat level (I always ask "Do you have Open chat?" So Knowing right on the list would be a wonderful addition)

3: Friend Mute (Block a friends chat to you without deleting them "for those annoyances and people who wont stop messaging you or if there just in a bad mood and you don't wanna delete them)

4:Cleaner and Perhaps Larger friends list Panel. "Having 8 friends per page isnt enough. Could use 15 at the least

Well let me know what you think of my ideas! :)

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Maycast on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
Boy I was waiting for a friends list Thread. Ok I have a few possible changes/ideas for friends list.

1: Bulk friend delete (we need an option to be able to remove more than one friend at a time).

2: Friend sorting by level/school/chat level (I always ask "Do you have Open chat?" So Knowing right on the list would be a wonderful addition)

3: Friend Mute (Block a friends chat to you without deleting them "for those annoyances and people who wont stop messaging you or if there just in a bad mood and you don't wanna delete them)

4:Cleaner and Perhaps Larger friends list Panel. "Having 8 friends per page isnt enough. Could use 15 at the least

Well let me know what you think of my ideas! :)
I really like your #2 - sortable friend list with filters. Most of the time when I get a friend request I'm busy with something else so I just accept. About once every few days I'll go through my lists and weed out the undesirables for various reasons.
1) the befriended wizard was a short-timer and is no longer there.
2) "" "" "" "" "" wizard has asked one too many times for gifts
3) "" "" "" "" "" wizard is just too low-level for mutually enjoyable cooperation
4) "" "" "" "" "" wizard is just a pain