Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Spells Fizzle A Lot

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 27, 2014
I would really appreciate it if KingsIsle updated the Storm spells and made it more like 80-85% chance of working instead of 70% because whenever I try to cast a Storm spell, it fizzles like almost half the time -_-

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
WizardTisks on Oct 25, 2014 wrote:
I would really appreciate it if KingsIsle updated the Storm spells and made it more like 80-85% chance of working instead of 70% because whenever I try to cast a Storm spell, it fizzles like almost half the time -_-
this was done because storm spells are very strong and when they do hit they hit HARD... I don't see them changing it anytime soon. You can get armor that boosts target so it will not fizzle so much.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
Just get better accuracy gear, if the accuracy got better storm would be way too powerful, it would be unfair.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Sorry to say but, KI most likely won't change that. That's been what it has been ever since the game came out ( I think ). They did that on purpose cause there has to some perks, but not all. If they did do that, probably everyone would do that school.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Get better gear. Part of having the most powerful attacks is that it comes with lower accuracy. Storm has more accuracy boosting gear than any other school to compensate.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Yeah but there is a reason that storm has lower accuracy and that's because they do a lot of damage. Storm would be even more OP if they had a higher accuracy like 80%-85%.
But that can be fixed by using accuracy enhancement spells or find some equipment that gives more storm/universal accuracy.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
This will not happen; the fizzle/health rate is there for a reason and is totally balanced with the other schools. If you can't get past the fizzle, delete the wizard.

Storm's fizzle rate is the highest because their base spells do the most damage. On the opposite side, Life highest the lowest fizzle rate with the lowest damage spells. See how that works?

You need to have gear that boosts your accuracy. My level 45 storm wizard rarely fizzles.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
I am having this issue as well. Seems like no matter how much accuracy I add, there is still a ridiculous amount of fizzle. I have died in boss battles before because every spell I tried to cast would fizzle, and my heal spells never showed up.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
As you level up look for gear that boosts accuracy, and maybe hatch a pet with the Sharp-Shot or Storm Sniper talent.

Every school has a weakness. Storm pays for massive damage with low health and accuracy, but every weakness can be overcome with the right tools. By level 45 you can be fizzle proof.

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
I don't think Kingsisle will make a change in this because storm hits extremely hard. I suggest to maybe buy some accuracy cards at the Bazaar, if you just put them in your deck you can use them to get better accuracy. Since I am fire I know that fizzling can be annoying, whenever I am defeating some monsters that are not much of a challenge I usually want to finish fast and not fizzle so I use the accuracy treasure cards and they work like a charm This way you can focus on the gear with criticals and health instead of accuracy. Hope this helped!