Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We still need a Pip limit increase, please!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
It's still very bothersome that we still have our pip cap in combat of 7, and around the time we get a higher rank attack or other spell, it gets more and more difficult to cast them, despite certain higher level gear granting more Pips along with our wands doing so.

I still believe that the W101 team should have upped the Pip cap limit beyond 7 so that it we would cast more higher ranked spells with greater ease, even upcoming ones.

Who else agrees that we should have our Pip limit increased beyond 7? I hope the W101 team would be kind enough to do so.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I never really run into the pip limit as an issue. I generally either cast smaller spells quickly, so I never run into the limit, or I buff up for a big hit, in which case I do hit the limit but I don't need any other pips; the battle is over. Granted, we will need more pips once we hit rank 15 spells, but that won't be for years to come.

Explorer
Aug 13, 2013
Robobot1747 on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
I never really run into the pip limit as an issue. I generally either cast smaller spells quickly, so I never run into the limit, or I buff up for a big hit, in which case I do hit the limit but I don't need any other pips; the battle is over. Granted, we will need more pips once we hit rank 15 spells, but that won't be for years to come.
not necessarily true, allot of people need more pips and that determines the outcome of a pvp or actual battle due to pip chance being low or the pip chance just hates you for the fight, i would personally like more pips but i'd hate to see mana burn after it's raise lol, i think the new limit should be 9 because that seems like a fair amount, more healing for my dryad when i do tartarus ;p and more rebirth

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Changes will need to be made to the pip system soon. As it currently means that you can only have a maximum of 14 pips, and we have 10 pip spells. Even before we reach 14, I feel that sometimes it will take too long to charge pips anyway.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I don't really want the pip limit increased, but I find it annoying that I can get stuck with too many white pips to cast a spell. I like to use empowerment to speed up pip gain, but it can lead to a situation where you don't have enough power pips to cast a spell and have to burn white pips somehow to make more room for power pips. I keep an off school spell or two in my deck for this sometimes, but it seems odd that I should have to.

What I would like to see is when we reach 7 pips, each turn we have a chance equal to our power pip percentage to convert one white pip to a power pip. And if we gain pips through Empowerment or Donate Power or whatever, if we already have white pips there would be a chance an existing white pip gets converted to power pip instead of adding another white pip.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
DanTheTerrible2 on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
I don't really want the pip limit increased, but I find it annoying that I can get stuck with too many white pips to cast a spell. I like to use empowerment to speed up pip gain, but it can lead to a situation where you don't have enough power pips to cast a spell and have to burn white pips somehow to make more room for power pips. I keep an off school spell or two in my deck for this sometimes, but it seems odd that I should have to.

What I would like to see is when we reach 7 pips, each turn we have a chance equal to our power pip percentage to convert one white pip to a power pip. And if we gain pips through Empowerment or Donate Power or whatever, if we already have white pips there would be a chance an existing white pip gets converted to power pip instead of adding another white pip.
Another option would be a Power Up spell. Cost 2 pips and converts all remaining pips to power pip. I do think the power pip chance should continue like you said though, but only after all pip slots are full. I would even limit it further actually. Make it PP chance -25%, if you still make the roll, it changes to yellow, if you don't nothing happens.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Pips aren't a problem, but shadow pip % is. Now that we have 2-pip shadow spells (and higher on the way?) we really need gear with a starting shadow pip, or a way to boost the % significantly.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
shadowstreem on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
not necessarily true, allot of people need more pips and that determines the outcome of a pvp or actual battle due to pip chance being low or the pip chance just hates you for the fight, i would personally like more pips but i'd hate to see mana burn after it's raise lol, i think the new limit should be 9 because that seems like a fair amount, more healing for my dryad when i do tartarus ;p and more rebirth
Actually, it IS necessarily true, considering I am sharing my opinion and personal stories, unless you're insinuating that you know me better than I do.
Do people even hit the pip limit in today's meta? Obviously running into a jade is the exception, but you pretty much have to 1hit those anyway. Also, are you really going to spam Rebirth several times in a row? Usually one good Rebirth heals everyone to full, and a max pip dryad is a total waste of pips.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
shadowstreem on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
Not to mention more power to "X" spells that determines the Pip cost. The more Pips we have, the more dependable power we deal with the moment we casted these spells in combat.

Ever since we got more and more higher ranked spells, it's been getting more and more difficult to cast them under this unchanged Pip limit of 7. I have been very worried about it as we got more of these spells, & it worries me still. Pretty soon, it's going to be very tough to arrange enough Pips/Power Pips to cast higher ranked spells beyond Rank 14, which may be upon us sometime soon.

Would we run into such problems if the W101 team doesn't increase the Pip limit beyond 7 soon? I'm sure a lot of us would, even me.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
wraithcaster on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
Changes will need to be made to the pip system soon. As it currently means that you can only have a maximum of 14 pips, and we have 10 pip spells. Even before we reach 14, I feel that sometimes it will take too long to charge pips anyway.
Exactly. The W101 team would have taken the time to up the Pip limit before Celestia was released. Would have made it a fine tradition for them to up the Pip limit each time a higher ranked spell was introduced. Just saying.

I hope they make changes to the Pip system real soon. Pretty soon, by the time higher ranked spells beyond 14 would be released in an update, it's going to be way too constraining to cast a higher ranked spell that would require 15 Pips or above, & we would only have 14 Pips to use by the time the Pips reach that old limit in combat, and that would be a big problem for us Wizards, would it?

Explorer
Aug 13, 2013
Robobot1747 on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
Actually, it IS necessarily true, considering I am sharing my opinion and personal stories, unless you're insinuating that you know me better than I do.
Do people even hit the pip limit in today's meta? Obviously running into a jade is the exception, but you pretty much have to 1hit those anyway. Also, are you really going to spam Rebirth several times in a row? Usually one good Rebirth heals everyone to full, and a max pip dryad is a total waste of pips.
LOL max pip dryad is fun when you go full blast on it :P i like going all out and my max can sometimes do 38,000 or something higher which is awesome cause i can waste pips cause my fairy does about 2700 without critical :P

Explorer
Aug 13, 2013
Trimond297 on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
Not to mention more power to "X" spells that determines the Pip cost. The more Pips we have, the more dependable power we deal with the moment we casted these spells in combat.

Ever since we got more and more higher ranked spells, it's been getting more and more difficult to cast them under this unchanged Pip limit of 7. I have been very worried about it as we got more of these spells, & it worries me still. Pretty soon, it's going to be very tough to arrange enough Pips/Power Pips to cast higher ranked spells beyond Rank 14, which may be upon us sometime soon.

Would we run into such problems if the W101 team doesn't increase the Pip limit beyond 7 soon? I'm sure a lot of us would, even me.
perhaps at the next update there can be a quest or lvl reach that will allow you to suddenly have 2 more pip slots, like lvl 110 or 105 you would get 2 more pip slots or a quest that if completed you would get the pip slots which would also make memberships go higher possibly :P so technically it's a win win