Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No bundles in Canada?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2010
I recently heard of this new arcane bundle and I was planning on purchasing it, then I do my research and see it only available in the U.S. same with every other bundle.. so I click to see whats available in the Canadian region and the bundles are still great but i can only purchase them online, and I dont have a credit card and im sure my parents will say no. So I was just wondering why we only have acces to the 10-20$ cards at best buy or something but bundles are available online only. Just curious.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Jack The Ice Guy on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
I recently heard of this new arcane bundle and I was planning on purchasing it, then I do my research and see it only available in the U.S. same with every other bundle.. so I click to see whats available in the Canadian region and the bundles are still great but i can only purchase them online, and I dont have a credit card and im sure my parents will say no. So I was just wondering why we only have acces to the 10-20$ cards at best buy or something but bundles are available online only. Just curious.
I live in Canada too; on the advice of Prof. Greyrose, I contacted the card manufacturer to ask about this. Their reply was that the bundles will only be available in the US.

Every bundle has a timeline:

1) available in the US.
2) available online
3) retired/discontinued.

Fortunately, I am an adult and can buy whatever I want online. But, where it sounds like you're younger, here's a way to approach the conversation with your parents:

First, be honest about what you want, and let them know what you're willing to do to work towards it. Depending on your age, maybe you can offer to wash the dishes, mow the lawn, walk the dog, babysit your siblings (if you have them), etc., in exchange for an allowance. Or, if you're already receiving an allowance, ask your parents to put it towards the bundle price instead. Unless your parents are experiencing financial difficulty (or are completely unreasonable), they'll be willing to work with you.

Your parents work hard for their money, and I don't blame them for not wanting to part with it. But having this conversation with them shows them that you are mature and responsible; it also proves that you are willing to earn it, and they are more likely to trust you if you make good on your word.

Good luck!

-von

Survivor
May 09, 2010
Dr Von on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
I live in Canada too; on the advice of Prof. Greyrose, I contacted the card manufacturer to ask about this. Their reply was that the bundles will only be available in the US.

Every bundle has a timeline:

1) available in the US.
2) available online
3) retired/discontinued.

Fortunately, I am an adult and can buy whatever I want online. But, where it sounds like you're younger, here's a way to approach the conversation with your parents:

First, be honest about what you want, and let them know what you're willing to do to work towards it. Depending on your age, maybe you can offer to wash the dishes, mow the lawn, walk the dog, babysit your siblings (if you have them), etc., in exchange for an allowance. Or, if you're already receiving an allowance, ask your parents to put it towards the bundle price instead. Unless your parents are experiencing financial difficulty (or are completely unreasonable), they'll be willing to work with you.

Your parents work hard for their money, and I don't blame them for not wanting to part with it. But having this conversation with them shows them that you are mature and responsible; it also proves that you are willing to earn it, and they are more likely to trust you if you make good on your word.

Good luck!

-von
Oh Thank You so much Von for taking the time to reply to my post. Ill take your advice and see what happens. Have an awesome day/evening/night whenever your reading this

~Noah

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Jack The Ice Guy on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
Really? I never knew that
I feel really awkward because I'm American...

Well, I know what you can do: A couple years ago, on my tenth birthday, one of my presents was one of those prepaid 'gift-card/debit-card' things that can only be used once. You could ask your parents if you can buy one of those (or, if you're lucky, they'll buy it for you). If they say yes, then thank them and promise to get good grades when summer's back. If they say no, tell them why you want it and they might change their mind. But the keyword is might, so remember that if they don't. If they haven't changed your mind, you can say you'll get good grades when school is back, but if they still don't change their minds, then don't push it and tell them that you understand. Meanwhile, you can make them think about it by being really good and obeying them, even when it gets hard. I think that will be easy for you, though, because you were very polite in your post. Remember to keep up the good work and behavior (which I also think will be easy for you ), and maybe they'll buy you some more bundles later on. If you ask me, I suggest the Atlantean and Olympian packs. Right now the Atlantean is still for stores only, so like Dr Von said, you'll just have to wait for it to get online. Since it's currently the only bundle that costs $29.00 USD ($31.73 CAD), it'll be a bit harder to persuade your parents, though, because they might not be willing to buy something that costs forty or fifty dollars. But if you ever go on vacation to the States, take your chance! Bring your money with you! You won't regret it, but just tell your parents why you're bringing it, and tell them that you won't use the card until you're back in Canada again.

-Nathaniel Redflame, lvl 48