Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching Bug?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
I am really into pets in wizard101 so obviously i hatch a lot, but lately i keep getting my pet back over and over,
everything was going fine at first,maybe a few times getting my own pet back but now,its going crazy.a few weeks
ago i hatched six times in a row and got my pet back every time,then i hatched twice,and they actually both worked.and right now, i hatched another two times and got my pet back both times AGAIN. I dont know if this is
a bug for me or if wizard101 is doing this on purpose, whatever it is, PLEASE fix it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
basketballchamp8 on May 24, 2014 wrote:
I am really into pets in wizard101 so obviously i hatch a lot, but lately i keep getting my pet back over and over,
everything was going fine at first,maybe a few times getting my own pet back but now,its going crazy.a few weeks
ago i hatched six times in a row and got my pet back every time,then i hatched twice,and they actually both worked.and right now, i hatched another two times and got my pet back both times AGAIN. I dont know if this is
a bug for me or if wizard101 is doing this on purpose, whatever it is, PLEASE fix it.

Since you hatch a lot you know that the outcomes are random. here's a thought...stop hatching with the same pet.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's not a bug. Some pets are more rare than others. There's always a chance of getting either parent pet type or in special cases a hybrid but the chances aren't just a 50/50 chance. Getting the same as your own pet 6 times in a row isn't a bug, it's pretty common in fact. The opposite can happen too.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
basketballchamp8 on May 24, 2014 wrote:

As raven lady says, it's a feature not a bug. I've got a dozen or so tarantula wasps because people want the wasp with the combination of stuff I've got on em[almost all of mine have critical] Same for my Tiki pet. I won't even tell you how many of the Flying Squirrels a friend of mine has got because people want him to hatch for it. It's well up in the double digits.