Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wither - In Depth Level 98 Spell Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
Hey everyone. I was bored at work so I decided to brainstorm good ideas for level 98 spells. I kept going through the schools trying to decide what to name it, what would be appropriate damage, what the animation would be like, and what could it bring that made it unique from other spells. Most of my ideas were garbage, but this one is sure to interest you.

School:

Name: Wither (possibly Decay)

Pip Cost: 11 Pips

Damage: 700 Drain Damage to all enemies (Give or take a few damage)

Animation: (My favorite part) A pleasant scene of a village appears, but is quickly overcome by a shadow that decays everything it touches. Once the village is in ruins, the shadow compresses to form a dense cloud (or a ghost-like figure) that hovers in front of the enemy (this is when blades, traps, etc would be used). Finally the cloud charges at and covers the enemy, draining its life force. The cloud would then release the drained life force and would heal the user for half of the damage dealt. The same thing would transpire for the other enemies only the introductory animation would not show, as with all other hit all spells.

Let me know what you think!

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
How about:

Pips: 9
Damage: 850 T.A.E and Half to you.
Also, how about: +1 ALL ELEMENT dispel to everyone.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
Charlie Dragondust on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
How about:

Pips: 9
Damage: 850 T.A.E and Half to you.
Also, how about: +1 ALL ELEMENT dispel to everyone.
Seems a bit much considering for just 2 pips less we have a spell that does less damage than that to a single target, and only provides a -25% infection. I don't think there would be a bonus effect if a hit-all drain spell did 850 damage by the way. That's a significant amount, especially considering using Colossal on it would bring it to about a thousand damage to all enemies. I don't want KingsIsle to put in overpowered spells, they make the game too easy anyways. However, considering the Death school only gets one hit-all drain spell, I think it's due for another. One that does a lot more damage than its Scarecrow counterpart, but not one that is going to make using any other spell in the later worlds a waste of time. Thanks for the input though.