Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pay-By-Crown areas in one world should be bundled.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
Yes, the subject wasn't really worded good, but whatever...

Anyway, if you're not a member anymore or haven't payed for an area, you may notice that the area is available for purchase, but it's not the entire world. I'm not really a fan of that idea, because I like purchasing my worlds when I'm finished with them and when my subscription ends and I HATE to always have to do the monotonous task of hunting down all the areas of a world just in order to buy it. So, I propose the option of buying a premium world all in one, meaning that the entire world is purchased at once, so you don't always have to find all the areas in a world.

The price in Crowns may be staggering, but hey, you're paying for a world on W101.

Melissa Smith
Magus Sorcerer
Honorary Engineer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
BalanceMythHarmony on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
Yes, the subject wasn't really worded good, but whatever...

Anyway, if you're not a member anymore or haven't payed for an area, you may notice that the area is available for purchase, but it's not the entire world. I'm not really a fan of that idea, because I like purchasing my worlds when I'm finished with them and when my subscription ends and I HATE to always have to do the monotonous task of hunting down all the areas of a world just in order to buy it. So, I propose the option of buying a premium world all in one, meaning that the entire world is purchased at once, so you don't always have to find all the areas in a world.

The price in Crowns may be staggering, but hey, you're paying for a world on W101.

Melissa Smith
Magus Sorcerer
Honorary Engineer
This isn't a bad idea; if it was made an option, along with the ability to still buy zones individually, it could work.

-von "it's hard work, being this awesome" shadowsong
promethean x3

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Well, this could be a very good idea except the fact that Kingsisle may lose some money by doing this. In order to successfully do this without making Kingsisle lose money, they'll practically have the make the price of the whole world at like anywhere from 5,000 to 30,000 crowns in order to buy all the areas in one world. The paid areas of Wizard City costs a total of 3,750 Crowns, the areas of Dragonspyre costs a total of 10,800 crowns and the total cost of all areas in Azteca will costs 11,970 Crowns. Just a quick fact from http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Area_Pricing, all of the paid together will cost a total of 130,395 Crowns. To be honest, if Kingsisle allows us to buy all the areas in one world by combining the prices of all the areas of that world, then Kingsisle really wouldn't lose a single penny then. Yea, that would be an excellent idea, that way we can buy all the areas without running around and Kingsisle doesn't have to lose any money . IRL (In Real Life), this is a money based world. Everything relies on money so by doing it the way I said it should be done, then Kingsisle would not lose a single penny in profit :)

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
Well, this could be a very good idea except the fact that Kingsisle may lose some money by doing this. In order to successfully do this without making Kingsisle lose money, they'll practically have the make the price of the whole world at like anywhere from 5,000 to 30,000 crowns in order to buy all the areas in one world. The paid areas of Wizard City costs a total of 3,750 Crowns, the areas of Dragonspyre costs a total of 10,800 crowns and the total cost of all areas in Azteca will costs 11,970 Crowns. Just a quick fact from http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Area_Pricing, all of the paid together will cost a total of 130,395 Crowns. To be honest, if Kingsisle allows us to buy all the areas in one world by combining the prices of all the areas of that world, then Kingsisle really wouldn't lose a single penny then. Yea, that would be an excellent idea, that way we can buy all the areas without running around and Kingsisle doesn't have to lose any money . IRL (In Real Life), this is a money based world. Everything relies on money so by doing it the way I said it should be done, then Kingsisle would not lose a single penny in profit :)
The idea is what I always wanted however it is least likely to happen... But however, DeathWizard's idea seems more likely and actually from his statement correct with a few details incorrect. The total of the worlds I calculated too was 130, 395 (I normally just buy two sixty thousand crown deals and work my way from there.) So your looking at a current total of $145ish to pay for all worlds in the game as of Khrysalis part 1. I would indeed want to see a feature that enables you to buy the entire world all in one go. Instead of being stopped by pesky windows going, "Please pay now." However there is one thing he mentioned that isn't as right, They do lose profit in feature configuration, how? Every single piece designed in an online game costs a company cash so it can be produced worldwide for all to use. Adding this small window that involves the income of cash, kinda damages them somewhat but over time they maintain back to where they were. Example I give is its like giving a child an allowance, once we give the money now and if they spend it, its harder to get more or more likely no more at all. This would be the same thing if this is implemented, theyd be maintaining after a time but it will be harder for them to put in new features for what we want, etc.

Games features aren't free folks. Learned that from my friend personally lol.