Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School of Water

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 27, 2014
Hey everyone. I think there should be a School of Water, since it pretty much goes with Fire and Ice and is an element, as well. When a wizard casts a water spell, it will be shaped with 3 squiggly lines below each other, and before their wand, staff, etc. touches it, those tiny little orb thingies you get when your casting a spell appears, only they'll be blue. If any of you people have questions, comments, or would like to make up a school of your own, reply.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2011
Delver
Apr 21, 2012
WaterWizard0315 on Mar 2, 2014 wrote:
Hey everyone. I think there should be a School of Water, since it pretty much goes with Fire and Ice and is an element, as well. When a wizard casts a water spell, it will be shaped with 3 squiggly lines below each other, and before their wand, staff, etc. touches it, those tiny little orb thingies you get when your casting a spell appears, only they'll be blue. If any of you people have questions, comments, or would like to make up a school of your own, reply.
Gear, wands, spells, quests, not to mention we need an opposite school for it and is already taken. A teacher, a school, some bosses that would be this school. (Which might mean rewriting the whole story in places.) I don't think more main schools are a good idea. Side schools are better because we just add those to the world's as we go, and have no quests.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2013
Yea sounds cool! I think there should be all the elements
  • Air
  • Water
  • Fire (already school)
  • Earth (Pretty much life, but you could start thinking in natural disaster attacks for this) (Pigswick school)

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Storm school. 'Nuff said. Storm uses electricity and the seas. Water school would just encroach on Storm, and we don't need a new school, and this would make 4 elemental schools to spirit.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
WaterWizard0315 on Mar 2, 2014 wrote:
I see posts about this all the time.

One thing, it's overrated.

Two, it's never going to happen.

I love the ideas of new schools but it's not going to happen because there are seven schools. We don't need anymore. Water is very simmiler to ice. If you want a water char, just make an ice. Ice is basiccaly water, just in solid form.
Hello? Haven't you studied the subject 'Matter' in like, 2nd grade?

Seven schools is a lot to choose from. Be greatful for what we have. At least we don't have just two schools to choose from. Parents should be teaching their kids 'be greatful and appreciative for what you have.'

Geez, some people just need common sense.

I do not mean to make this post seem harsh and hateful. I am just stating my opinion and the Dorms are open to full critisism and every opinion is allowed. Just be reminded of that.

Have a lovely day,
~Abigail DragonDreamer
Level 47 Pyromancer

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
Abigail Dragondrea... on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
I see posts about this all the time.

One thing, it's overrated.

Two, it's never going to happen.

I love the ideas of new schools but it's not going to happen because there are seven schools. We don't need anymore. Water is very simmiler to ice. If you want a water char, just make an ice. Ice is basiccaly water, just in solid form.
Hello? Haven't you studied the subject 'Matter' in like, 2nd grade?

Seven schools is a lot to choose from. Be greatful for what we have. At least we don't have just two schools to choose from. Parents should be teaching their kids 'be greatful and appreciative for what you have.'

Geez, some people just need common sense.

I do not mean to make this post seem harsh and hateful. I am just stating my opinion and the Dorms are open to full critisism and every opinion is allowed. Just be reminded of that.

Have a lovely day,
~Abigail DragonDreamer
Level 47 Pyromancer
I'd like to suggest that before you criticize people's ideas and "Hello, haven't you studied matter, like, in second grade" that you check your spelling first. That's even more elementary than the "problems" you think you've spotted. *Similar, basically, and grateful. At least show some sense of basic grammar knowledge before you go criticizing others.
Besides that, you don't know the age of the person who put up the post. They could be younger than you, or just newer to the game, and know less about it than obviously you do with your considerable brainpowers. I'm not going to go all out and say I think it's a wonderful idea, what they suggested, but I will at least be courteous and respective of their opinions and ideas. Thank you.

-Calamity Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
ellhae31 on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
I'd like to suggest that before you criticize people's ideas and "Hello, haven't you studied matter, like, in second grade" that you check your spelling first. That's even more elementary than the "problems" you think you've spotted. *Similar, basically, and grateful. At least show some sense of basic grammar knowledge before you go criticizing others.
Besides that, you don't know the age of the person who put up the post. They could be younger than you, or just newer to the game, and know less about it than obviously you do with your considerable brainpowers. I'm not going to go all out and say I think it's a wonderful idea, what they suggested, but I will at least be courteous and respective of their opinions and ideas. Thank you.

-Calamity Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer
First, thank you for correcting my spelling because some words I don't think of the spelling everyday and even adults can forget simple spelling.

I wasn't saying I didn't like the idea. I was just saying it's never going to happen because there are SEVEN schools to choose from. That's a lot, don't you agree? We also have Astral schools and shadow magic. That equals a total ten schools. It was hard for me at the beginning of the game to choose which school I wanted to be. I went through the school test a couple times before I found the school I want to be.

May I remind you, again, the 'Dorms' section in the Message Boards is open to ALL criticism users would like to use. I can say my opinion on any post. I will try to word my opinions nicer in the future. I never mean to hurt feelings.
If you knew me in real life, you would know I am a very nice and respectful person.

I see "New School Idea" or "New School of Water" and things like that everyday. People really want new schools but as I said previously, be grateful for what you have. This game has a lot of features that other games don't have. Just realize that.

I never mean to hurt feelings.

~Abigail DragonDreamer
Level 47 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
Defender
Nov 10, 2012
Indeed, Cizuki Hisuii. Storm I guess could technically be counted as Water, or Ice could be counted as water.

Savannah MoonBlossom 29 & Jacqueline ShadowBlade 9

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
Abigail Dragondrea... on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
First, thank you for correcting my spelling because some words I don't think of the spelling everyday and even adults can forget simple spelling.

I wasn't saying I didn't like the idea. I was just saying it's never going to happen because there are SEVEN schools to choose from. That's a lot, don't you agree? We also have Astral schools and shadow magic. That equals a total ten schools. It was hard for me at the beginning of the game to choose which school I wanted to be. I went through the school test a couple times before I found the school I want to be.

May I remind you, again, the 'Dorms' section in the Message Boards is open to ALL criticism users would like to use. I can say my opinion on any post. I will try to word my opinions nicer in the future. I never mean to hurt feelings.
If you knew me in real life, you would know I am a very nice and respectful person.

I see "New School Idea" or "New School of Water" and things like that everyday. People really want new schools but as I said previously, be grateful for what you have. This game has a lot of features that other games don't have. Just realize that.

I never mean to hurt feelings.

~Abigail DragonDreamer
Level 47 Pyromancer
Math fail:

That's a total of 11 schools.

I am not jumping on you but please there are younger wizards out there, and that comment about second grade matter was extremely condescending and could even be hurtful to someone's feelings.

So to you I just say have you tried first grade math?

And then I respectfully point out you made a mistake and I think it should be brought to your attention:

schools are:

I do agree with your point. there are enough schools. I don't think this was a case of someone being "ungrateful" i think they were just eager to share their idea and were excited and hoping on a way to improve this game in a way a lot of people would enjoy. And no one is more grateful on this message board than me, considering I have almost one of every wizard except life (my death heals just as well as a life if a group i am with needs a healer)

-The RavenCatcher

100 955763

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
I'm not sure I mean water would have to have it's strengths and weaknesses. How does the water element attack. Is water defensive or more powerful. High natural health or naturally low health? there's a lot to do when developing a new element and the element can't be the same as any other. I mean fire is damage over time, ice is defensive. So you obviously can't take any of those. So how would it be different in battle from the other schools? And if this is a main school it was be C-h-a-o-t-i-c.... Rewriting story lines in the middle of the game, not right. If anything it should be a side school but that's the only way.
Megan Stormmask lvl. 46