Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ugh! Waterworks is too hard!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 18, 2011
Okay, so I have a level 61 wizard and I am trying to get the boots because thats all I need!!! I must have done the dungeon about 10-15 times and NEVER got the boots! This is very frustrating to me since It feels like a waste of time! It takes 1-2.5 hours to do that dungeon! Is there something wrong with the drop rate or something? I'm a life wizard so I cant attack much. Is that whats affecting the drop rate for boots? I have a level 93 , 70 , and 68 and waterworks was NEVER this hard to them!!!

Explorer
May 05, 2011
Its definitely not the dungeon thats too hard, its probably just you; it is NEVER a wise choice to solo a dungeon when the enemies are in the same level area as you. It becomes easier when you have other people helping or if you are a higher level. Even if you can't attack much, just rebirth, heal, help people in the dungeon with you. Maybe when you get enough pips you can forest lord. Plus, dont get all angry when you ONLY did it 10-15 times, its about the luck lol. Most people finished after 25 times. The luckiest people finished after about 5 times. For me, I finished getting all the gear in the middle of 20-30 times.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
frosty frost on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
Okay, so I have a level 61 wizard and I am trying to get the boots because thats all I need!!! I must have done the dungeon about 10-15 times and NEVER got the boots! This is very frustrating to me since It feels like a waste of time! It takes 1-2.5 hours to do that dungeon! Is there something wrong with the drop rate or something? I'm a life wizard so I cant attack much. Is that whats affecting the drop rate for boots? I have a level 93 , 70 , and 68 and waterworks was NEVER this hard to them!!!
lol, good luck.

ever since ki decreased the drop rates (due to people overfarming for mastery amulets), it's nigh impossible to get the gear unless you have hours upon hours to waste farming. same goes with tartarus at level 90~ the drop-rates are so low, they border on ridiculous.

my balance and death wizards had no problems getting their waterworks gear, as they went through the instance when it was first released. my storm and life went through after the update, and the difference is staggering... life has run it about 20 times, (only has her cape) and storm had to farm for 15 levels (she was level 75 when she finally got her robe). yes, i got one of the fabled mastery amulets as a drop, so it sorta-but-not-quite makes up for that fact that my life wizard will likely be an archmage before she sees her gear.

honestly, you're better off just to craft the level 56 wintertusk set; it's the closest to waterworks gear you can get, plus you can avoid wasting precious time and patience.

i hope ki eventually listens to their players~ until then, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you (and me, and everyone else).

-von

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
Nothing affects the drop rate. My first character was the same way, and my second had all 3 within 2 times through.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I found the boots the hardest to get on all my wizards. Mostly because only the final boss drops them. I also found them the least useful, I used the hat and robes MUCH more. The hat and robe offer great stats, but the boots are really just mediocre and bazaar boots will do better for specific battles.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I have come back to this post after my 16th time in the Waterworks and I think I can now agree that this is just ridiculous.
I have worked with every ounce I have for hours straight. I got the robe on my first try, but haven't gotten any gear since! Kingsisle must consider raising the drop rates this is ridiculous and just annoying. People don't have time for this!

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Um everything is working as usual. Maybe your other wizards were lucky but some people spend years farming for waterworks. In only one wizard. Also you might what to cut it and do waterworks only till luska. Most people say he only drops hood but not true. I was farming in waterworks with my friend, and he got delectable hooves with luska. In my opinion delectable hooves are better than the boots.

Hope this helps!

Ian Dragonshield lvl 78
Luke Skywalker lvl 18

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
I have no idea for what the problem is but if it's tradable try using a different wizard to get it. You should contact KingsIsle about this bug of some sort if it's really that bad. It's probably just by chance that you didn't get the boots.

Antonio Sandshade, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
Yea I must be real lucky, in 3 runs I got my gear. Maybe its luck that gives you them just keep trying .

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Darken Guardian on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
Its definitely not the dungeon thats too hard, its probably just you; it is NEVER a wise choice to solo a dungeon when the enemies are in the same level area as you. It becomes easier when you have other people helping or if you are a higher level. Even if you can't attack much, just rebirth, heal, help people in the dungeon with you. Maybe when you get enough pips you can forest lord. Plus, dont get all angry when you ONLY did it 10-15 times, its about the luck lol. Most people finished after 25 times. The luckiest people finished after about 5 times. For me, I finished getting all the gear in the middle of 20-30 times.
Your post is rude. What is considered an acceptable drop rate for YOU may not be for others.

When Celestia was the last world not getting this gear was not critical to furthering your wizard. Now with 4 worlds and 30 levels more added some are still using some of Waterworks gear. The drop rate is ridiculous for some. How is that FAIR? For some of us repeating this instance is nothing short of a huge pain.

No consideration for others in the game and KI lack of consideration to it's players is starting to turn Dr. Von and I into defensive monsters - lol. As the game becomes more serious so are it's players going to take it.

Ok - lets limp though with work arounds when we can't get this good gear, that should surfice the wizards that don't have a "team" or time? Craft the level 56 gear from Wintertusk or farm for the Esprit Boots here: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Esprit_Boots

You can't enjoy a game you are constantly trying to get things right in and failing - after a while many just hand up wand and leave. Gear to progress your wizard though the game should not be such a hard time. Too many things in the game are becoming too difficult for many to get. I hear that many like to have more and better then others but at the expense of people leaving the game? Are these people enough of a number to keep the game going?

Mary

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Dr Von on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
lol, good luck.

ever since ki decreased the drop rates (due to people overfarming for mastery amulets), it's nigh impossible to get the gear unless you have hours upon hours to waste farming. same goes with tartarus at level 90~ the drop-rates are so low, they border on ridiculous.

my balance and death wizards had no problems getting their waterworks gear, as they went through the instance when it was first released. my storm and life went through after the update, and the difference is staggering... life has run it about 20 times, (only has her cape) and storm had to farm for 15 levels (she was level 75 when she finally got her robe). yes, i got one of the fabled mastery amulets as a drop, so it sorta-but-not-quite makes up for that fact that my life wizard will likely be an archmage before she sees her gear.

honestly, you're better off just to craft the level 56 wintertusk set; it's the closest to waterworks gear you can get, plus you can avoid wasting precious time and patience.

i hope ki eventually listens to their players~ until then, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you (and me, and everyone else).

-von

I have done that dungeon more times than I can remember with getting gear for my wizards and helping out all my friends and I have never once gotten a mastery amulet. How on earth can they be over farming the mastery amulets if the drop rate is that low? I have been playing since year one so the time span of my being there is quite broad.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
i use my life wizard i got 3 pairs of boots of espirit before i got the robe of espirit consider yourself lucky the robe is much better then boots

Survivor
Dec 24, 2012
the drop rates are so low and the waterworks take a while to finish even with friends it's so frustrating

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
hey, you should keep farming and keep your head up :D you WILL get it eventually. the drop rates are obviously noticeable but it's not impossible :P find an effective team and you won't have a problem except maybe boredom.

Survivor
May 18, 2010
Northlite on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
Your post is rude. What is considered an acceptable drop rate for YOU may not be for others.

When Celestia was the last world not getting this gear was not critical to furthering your wizard. Now with 4 worlds and 30 levels more added some are still using some of Waterworks gear. The drop rate is ridiculous for some. How is that FAIR? For some of us repeating this instance is nothing short of a huge pain.

No consideration for others in the game and KI lack of consideration to it's players is starting to turn Dr. Von and I into defensive monsters - lol. As the game becomes more serious so are it's players going to take it.

Ok - lets limp though with work arounds when we can't get this good gear, that should surfice the wizards that don't have a "team" or time? Craft the level 56 gear from Wintertusk or farm for the Esprit Boots here: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Esprit_Boots

You can't enjoy a game you are constantly trying to get things right in and failing - after a while many just hand up wand and leave. Gear to progress your wizard though the game should not be such a hard time. Too many things in the game are becoming too difficult for many to get. I hear that many like to have more and better then others but at the expense of people leaving the game? Are these people enough of a number to keep the game going?

Mary
I don't really think that's what he's trying to say in my opinion. However, on the topic for me; I actually had a hard time with waterworks, and it was ridiculous for me because I did it about 40-55 times until I got everything. Also for doing it and not giving up, I got two mastery amulets for Fire and Balance. It can just be that i'm insanely unlucky that I was able to get two mastery amulets for doing all that, but those delectable attire gear I never could get, so I abandoned those and now for Aquila, I got everything except the Amulet of divine influence. It is rumored that it's below one percent of it dropping which is insane for an item that is probably going to be meaningless when a better one comes out. I can tell that some people actually got it in like their first time doing the dungeon which is unbelievable for me. For the record, I have done Tartarus about 40-45 times now and got the entire collection for the senator, the unseen lord's, zeus' gear sets and only missing the hat for poseidon's which I'm proud of doing because of some people in the dungeon I meet in it too. It seems to me that Kingsisle which probably not change these because if you have time to play the game then you must have time to make yourself more powerful with effort and time which is almost like other games out there. I love farming a dungeon for days and not get the thing I want (might be going insane though), but that's is pretty much the meaning for facing a powerful enemy by taking time to become more powerful.

Level 95 Ice Wizard
~Isaac Deaththorn

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
Spellcaster
on my first try I got a mastery amulet and firestarters gear sometimes I just go up to luska

Blaze Spellcaster

Hunter Spellcaster