Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Glove Slot

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 13, 2008
idk if many of you have read the topic is the world khrysalis the last world which it isn't cause I heard a mod say after that world its still just the beginning I was so glad to hear that is wasn't the last anyways if we are going to have more worlds I think we need another item slot just to keep up and I was thinking of gloves or shields and I know wizards don't really use shields so I thought of gloves cause most of the time our hands are bare.

Also I know people are going to be against the idea and talk all high and mighty about it don't even reply its not needed ok thanks.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
iouman2013 on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
idk if many of you have read the topic is the world khrysalis the last world which it isn't cause I heard a mod say after that world its still just the beginning I was so glad to hear that is wasn't the last anyways if we are going to have more worlds I think we need another item slot just to keep up and I was thinking of gloves or shields and I know wizards don't really use shields so I thought of gloves cause most of the time our hands are bare.

Also I know people are going to be against the idea and talk all high and mighty about it don't even reply its not needed ok thanks.
First off, any constructive criticism is needed. It doesn't have to be for the idea as long as it is nice and polite, and perhaps it will help build on the idea.

As for having a glove slot, before I say yes or no, I'd like to know what stats it would generally give for each school. I find that having a general idea of what an item would give helps me decide whether it's needed or not.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Would a glove give stat boosts, or change your attacks? What do you have in mind?

Survivor
Jan 11, 2012

Ok i ur idea I think this should happen! We should have another item slot! one of my message boards are that we have more room in our door it'd be nice! Cand4me

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
ok then here is an example of how a glove would be for a balance wiz

Hp +75
Atk +5
pp chance +2%
Resist +4%
Incoming heal +3
outgoing heal +2
and pierce + 3
lvl req would be 90+ cause at lower lvls you don't need it

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
iouman2013 on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
ok then here is an example of how a glove would be for a balance wiz

Hp +75
Atk +5
pp chance +2%
Resist +4%
Incoming heal +3
outgoing heal +2
and pierce + 3
lvl req would be 90+ cause at lower lvls you don't need it
One last question before I give my vote on the idea, would the stats fluctuate for each school depending on their strengths and weakness? (Storm gets more damage and pierce, Life gets more incoming/outgoing, Ice gets more health and resist etc.)

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
ok I took 4 hours to complete this here goes

Ice Glove :
+200 hp
+4 atk
+5 resist
+2 inc heal
+ 2 accuracy
+ 2 pierce

Storm Glove:
+90 hp
+8 atk
+3 resist
+2 inc heal
+2 accuracy
+5 pierce

Fire glove:
+120 hp
+5 atk
+5 resist
+2 inc heal
+3 accuracy
+4 pierce

Myth glove:
+110 hp
+4 atk
+4 resist
+2 inc heal
+3 pp chance
+3 pierce

Death glove:
+125 hp
+5 atk
+5 resist
+3 inc heal
+4 pp chance
+4 pierce

Life Glove:
+175 hp
+4 atk
+4 resist
+5 inc heal
+5 out heal
+4 pp chance
+3 pierce

Balance Glove:
+150 hp
+4 atk
+5 resist
+4 inc heal
+3 out heal
+5 pp chance
+4 pierce

there you go but this is my idea for the new slot I hope they at least give it a chance or a look at.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Personally, I don't think we need another type of gear that gives us stats. If gloves only add stats, honestly KI could spend less development money on just making new hats, robes, and boots, and not bother implementing a whole other type of gear from scratch.

But I think if you take that idea in a different direction, it can add more value. So, this is off the top of my head, don't take this as a suggestion, but maybe a glove could allow you to use 2 wand attacks in a single round, but lowers your resist by 5%, making you boost 5% if you have no resist at all.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
that sounds like a cool idea to hit 2 times with a wand spell but I think some people would be happier with higher stats then hitting 2 times with a wand spell.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Lucas Rain on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Personally, I don't think we need another type of gear that gives us stats. If gloves only add stats, honestly KI could spend less development money on just making new hats, robes, and boots, and not bother implementing a whole other type of gear from scratch.

But I think if you take that idea in a different direction, it can add more value. So, this is off the top of my head, don't take this as a suggestion, but maybe a glove could allow you to use 2 wand attacks in a single round, but lowers your resist by 5%, making you boost 5% if you have no resist at all.
I love the idea of gloves and I think your idea takes a nice twist on it. To further add to the option, how about having a glove that simply doubles the damage of wand attack spells.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you're going to add a new slot I think it should do something different. Stats don't need more boosts. What about something like a Pet Mastery Gauntlet +10% to May Cast Talents...or School Mastery gloves to add a third school. Gloves could just give sidebar spells or even offer May Cast abilities like pets, adding various boss-like "cheat" abilities. Of course I would limit them to no-pvp, but I think they'd be very popular for pve players. It would open up loads of possibilities for crown and drop gear for all levels. Make them add a third Pip on higher levels.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
This is interesting and I think it could tie into other things I have been reading about, a third pip to start battles. We originally have one pip, but our wands give us another which makes it two, what if this "glove" allowed you another starting pip. I am NOT saying we NEED another pip, but based off what I've been reading it would resolve a lot of demands. Also based on what I've read the glove would be a pretty nifty thing, little advantages here and there. But if I were to pick from introducing gloves or working on new hats, robes, boots, I would have to side with Lucas Rain, but I especially like the suggestion he gave, for example two wand attacks, not specifically that idea, but the whole taking the glove in another direction suggestion.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010

actually there is already a shield wand so the shield part will be a bit awkward (if it is suppose to show like wands and such)

For gloves I don't see why not but I am not holding my breath.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Maybe it should be only for crowns players because you don't want a freebie dude beating up your totally awesome wizard because he used gold to upgrade himself.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
If you're going to add a new slot I think it should do something different. Stats don't need more boosts. What about something like a Pet Mastery Gauntlet +10% to May Cast Talents...or School Mastery gloves to add a third school. Gloves could just give sidebar spells or even offer May Cast abilities like pets, adding various boss-like "cheat" abilities. Of course I would limit them to no-pvp, but I think they'd be very popular for pve players. It would open up loads of possibilities for crown and drop gear for all levels. Make them add a third Pip on higher levels.
excellent ideas for sure. Dont know if they're possible though

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Wizgamer105 on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:
This is interesting and I think it could tie into other things I have been reading about, a third pip to start battles. We originally have one pip, but our wands give us another which makes it two, what if this "glove" allowed you another starting pip. I am NOT saying we NEED another pip, but based off what I've been reading it would resolve a lot of demands. Also based on what I've read the glove would be a pretty nifty thing, little advantages here and there. But if I were to pick from introducing gloves or working on new hats, robes, boots, I would have to side with Lucas Rain, but I especially like the suggestion he gave, for example two wand attacks, not specifically that idea, but the whole taking the glove in another direction suggestion.
yeah, a third pip has been hotly asked for and this would solve the problem for it

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
I think I agree with this idea. Having gloves, or hand gauntlets, would help us Wizards increase our stats and powers a little bit further, since the game doesn't have them right now. I say we need hand gloves added to the game.