Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Magic Mirror and Reversion

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 15, 2009
KI please consider these two spells:

1st: Balance spell- Reversion. Once cast it reverses the order of attack. It initially has to work the same as a stun for the opponent because the caster would obviously get two turns. However if it is made as a high pip spell it would not be completely unreasonable. The person could not just turn around and attack with a high pip spell.

Yes, this particular card would become a common stock within every persons deck. However, if it is a costly card (in gold) it may help regulate an over abundance of them.

The card game Uno uses this type of card in its game play. I think adding this element into the pvp part of your game will bring as close to balancing out the disadvantage going second brings you as possible.

It would be interesting to see Reversion battles as much as bubble wars. I don't know how the dynamics would work with anything over 1 vs 1 if at all.

2nd: Myth spell- Magic Mirror. The caster becomes a duplicate of the target (minus pet) for 6 rounds. Every trait, gear, spell the target has the caster gains temporarily. It would be interesting for both sides to see people duel themselves or temporarily gain the traits of a boss.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
Good Idea, I like it. Maybe those could be our level 100 spells........

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
More ideas, damage unknown- I wonder what kind of discussions take place when the KI team decide on damage. It seems like a challenge when trying to establish figures most are happy with.

Ice: Towering Glacier- A mountainous glacier shoots up out of the ground and then falls smashing the opponent/s. In keeping with the same spirit or traits the elements have; like Fire stealing them and Storm dissolving them, the Glacier also knocks all charms off. Similar to Fire having x-damage spell and Storm with Tempest them amount of pips will dictate the damage when the ice smashes down.

Fire: Flame Wave- It would be cool to have a fission bomb explode with mushroom cloud, but I know some would see that in bad taste. Instead, a shock wave of fire starting from the casters fingers. (I don't know if something like this could be done. We haven't seen an attack actually spring from the caster yet aside from wand attacks. It is always casting a creature or attacks coming from the sky or ground. It may be too difficult to code something like that.) An attack all spell leaving at -65% to next attack on each opponent.

Storm: Chain Lighting- A storm cloud forms in the middle of the circle (like the new mount) and lighting shoots straight out not down like wild bolt. The attack stuns the caster for one round. With this being an attack all spell the lighting travels to/through each opponent one at a time.

Death: Army of Darkness- A skeleton general rises up a blows a eerie horn followed by a small army of stampeding skeleton soldiers that run over the other side. This attack all spell also leaves behind a dispel death on each opponent.

Life: cant think of one that hasn't already been done. Perhaps something which leaves a dispel life on multiple opponents. ??

Aside from all "Reversion" seems like the only way to make PVP somewhat fair.