Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 gold accounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I think it would be cool if there was a building (maybe the one down by fire at alley) where you could put gold in a saving account. You could for instance put in 5 gold pieces then in a week you could have 10 gold pieces from interest so you could get money back from your money. You also could only put like 50 gold pieces in so you don't make a ton of gold. I think then you could only take money out every like month. If you forget to take the money out of the account Mr. Lincoln could pop up telling you that you need to take the money out or else you won't gain interest . So comment tell me if you like my idea or if you want to add onto it or have other ideas. No idea is a bad idea.

Luke Lifestone level 80

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
50 might be too small maybe 400 and why not in the commons?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
There is a thread about this on central, but that's a whole different fansite, so I'll stick to here. There is a store in Marleybone with the titled with something about banking and loans. And let's be honest, it would best be in the shopping district...

Squire
May 10, 2013
chadifer on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
I think it would be cool if there was a building (maybe the one down by fire at alley) where you could put gold in a saving account. You could for instance put in 5 gold pieces then in a week you could have 10 gold pieces from interest so you could get money back from your money. You also could only put like 50 gold pieces in so you don't make a ton of gold. I think then you could only take money out every like month. If you forget to take the money out of the account Mr. Lincoln could pop up telling you that you need to take the money out or else you won't gain interest . So comment tell me if you like my idea or if you want to add onto it or have other ideas. No idea is a bad idea.

Luke Lifestone level 80
Why 5? Store in 10000, get 30000 the next month!

Explorer
May 17, 2010
Forget the interest, I just like the idea of a bank just to help with the gold cap. I am max out on gold right now and keep losing gold every day. It would be great to go to the bank and drop it all there just to save it while I am caught up in my questing/farming. Then when I'm done questing/farming and want to go back to hatching and house decorating, I will have that saved gold to fall back on.
And as for where, how about that house right next to elks edge across from the housing shop in the market district? That house has had the lights on but you couldn't ever go into.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
While I like this idea in general, I think the interest rate is way too high. I think at most it should be 2 or 3% interest, and in order to make subscribing more appealing it should be a subscribers only feature, and lets face it, in the grand scheme of things it's really only the subscribers that would need such a service, because it is VERY unusual for a low level character to hit the gold cap.

We could also expand upon this a bit, allowing for Certificates of Deposit. You would pay in a certain level of gold (or even crowns?). You would not have access to those funds until the "CD" reaches maturity. At this point you would cash it out receiving a higher level of interest than you would have with just a normal savings account.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Since when did people want to put just 50 gold in a savings account? People get lots more gold than that. LOTS MORE.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
GhostoftheRobot on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
While I like this idea in general, I think the interest rate is way too high. I think at most it should be 2 or 3% interest, and in order to make subscribing more appealing it should be a subscribers only feature, and lets face it, in the grand scheme of things it's really only the subscribers that would need such a service, because it is VERY unusual for a low level character to hit the gold cap.

We could also expand upon this a bit, allowing for Certificates of Deposit. You would pay in a certain level of gold (or even crowns?). You would not have access to those funds until the "CD" reaches maturity. At this point you would cash it out receiving a higher level of interest than you would have with just a normal savings account.
While I like the idea, this is still a children's game and the CD thing would just confuse and frustrate them, so it may be something like you'd take a small penalty if you withdraw gold before the CD matures.