Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Decision: Buy back training points?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2009
So I've heard a lot of advice saying to train up to the spell satyr if you're not already a life wizard. I've also heard to train up to feint in death. Well I'm an ice wizard and I've already spent my training points on fire spells up to Phoenix. Should I spend money to buy back my training points for other spells or just live with fire? I'd rather not spend my own money but I'm desperately trying to become a better wizard!
-Shannon Icegem

Historian
May 28, 2009
It depends on what secondary class you'd like. If you already run fire as your secondary class, and there aren't problems using it, you should stick with it. If it doesn't work well with your strategy, you should change, look out for what type of strategy you'd like to use.

Explorer
May 09, 2010
depends on your level. if you are low level start a new fire and give the equips to him. every training point is crucial, with new spells coming out every time.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Is fire working out for you??? Do you feel the need to get feint and Satyr? Are you powerful?

Survivor
Apr 16, 2009
Well I feel like I'm being defeated more than I should be

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
Just buy back the training points anyway. You want satyr? You want feint? Then it will be a great choice

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
With an ice wizard (high health and immunity but lower attack damage), I would definitely trade back the fire spells (8 training points to phoenix) go for feint (requiring 7 training points) for boss battles.

Your fire spells will be almost unusable as you go up in level because you can do more damage in less turns with your ice attacks while using power pips. I would use training point toward weakness and then aura/sun school spells after that.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I say go for it. I think you should go with this setup for training points. (You will need to do training point quests to get all of these spells.)
Life to satyr. (7 points. I think.)
Death to feint. (7 points I think.)
Balance to weakness. (3 points.)
Sun to colossal. (5 points.)
Death to infection. (Optional, only get if you plan to PvP. 1 point.)
Elemental blade. (1 point.)
You can also train dispels and other spells you think will help, fire probably wont help much as a secondary school since it burns up power pips you could of used for ice.
Guide link:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?229137-Training-Point-spending-Guide
Happy spending.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
I don't know what your level is currently, but when you get power pips nearly every turn, chances are you won't bother using your fire spells. You may be able to buy life and death spells with future training points. You may be able to get those spells without having to get your training points back.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Moonlighterz1000 on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
I say go for it. I think you should go with this setup for training points. (You will need to do training point quests to get all of these spells.)
Life to satyr. (7 points. I think.)
Death to feint. (7 points I think.)
Balance to weakness. (3 points.)
Sun to colossal. (5 points.)
Death to infection. (Optional, only get if you plan to PvP. 1 point.)
Elemental blade. (1 point.)
You can also train dispels and other spells you think will help, fire probably wont help much as a secondary school since it burns up power pips you could of used for ice.
Guide link:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?229137-Training-Point-spending-Guide
Happy spending.
I agree, but I recommend you get a life mastery amulet if you want satyr. I don't mean spend crowns or anything, I myself have never bought an master amulet, too expensive. I got a myth mastery from waterworks, and an exalted death from tartarus, I am trying to get the life, since I myself rarely use satyr.