Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestions for PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Hi, I have been playing Wizard101 for a while, and I am starting to get frustrated with PvP. I'm not going to complain about this, because I know complaining won't get me anywhere, and I don't want to waste people's time, however I would like to suggest some ideas for PvP, because suggestions are better then negative comments, in my opinion.

I would like to suggest that wizards would 'match' people up more equally in ranked player versus player matches. I am a level 88 on my balance character, and I am a private in PvP, but would get ranked with warlords and knights constantly in various battles. I do understand the matching process is kind of spread out, I mean it's not like there's an endless number of people the same rank and level. However, I suggest a different layout in the ranked and practice PvP menus, starting with ranks. Maybe Wizard101 could put categories for rank so a captain won't be 'rank farming' privates repeatedly, but facing a rank the same rank as him.

Doing this can also improve 'treasure card spamming' because I know a lot of people try to work hard, and putting categories by rank NOT level, so a knight who is still a level one can get payback from 'tc spamming' hard workers. Maybe the levels could be evened by average, instead of the highest level on one team, so an equal balance is spread across the board.

And I also know that levels vary as well as ranks, with knights and warlords for example. In my honest opinion, for in my past, was a so called 'tc spammer', treasure cards should not be used so much in PvP battles, attacks mostly. Maybe treasure cards should be limited in PvP usage, or banned in all together, like crowns minions are banned from it. For example, maybe a level 2 or 3 wizard can't be allowed to use a rank 2 or 3+ treasure card for PvP ONLY. I know lots of people are frustrated about this, and I am right along with them. Player versus player should have some changes to it's 'matching up' wizards. In the treasure card spamming situation, maybe Wizards could put a level requirement to PvP, like tournaments.

Thanks for the time to read this message, and I really hope this helps the situation of 'tc spamming'.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Whoops had a typo there!!! Sorry !!

I meant treasure cards in PvP should be limited by the level of the wizard. Like a level 2 or 3 wizard can only use rank 1 treasure cards, level 5 rank 1s and 2s, etc. Sorry for the confusion if there was any!!

Madison NightStone, level 88

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Clarinetplayer2247 on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
Hi, I have been playing Wizard101 for a while, and I am starting to get frustrated with PvP. I'm not going to complain about this, because I know complaining won't get me anywhere, and I don't want to waste people's time, however I would like to suggest some ideas for PvP, because suggestions are better then negative comments, in my opinion.

I would like to suggest that wizards would 'match' people up more equally in ranked player versus player matches. I am a level 88 on my balance character, and I am a private in PvP, but would get ranked with warlords and knights constantly in various battles. I do understand the matching process is kind of spread out, I mean it's not like there's an endless number of people the same rank and level. However, I suggest a different layout in the ranked and practice PvP menus, starting with ranks. Maybe Wizard101 could put categories for rank so a captain won't be 'rank farming' privates repeatedly, but facing a rank the same rank as him.

Doing this can also improve 'treasure card spamming' because I know a lot of people try to work hard, and putting categories by rank NOT level, so a knight who is still a level one can get payback from 'tc spamming' hard workers. Maybe the levels could be evened by average, instead of the highest level on one team, so an equal balance is spread across the board.

And I also know that levels vary as well as ranks, with knights and warlords for example. In my honest opinion, for in my past, was a so called 'tc spammer', treasure cards should not be used so much in PvP battles, attacks mostly. Maybe treasure cards should be limited in PvP usage, or banned in all together, like crowns minions are banned from it. For example, maybe a level 2 or 3 wizard can't be allowed to use a rank 2 or 3+ treasure card for PvP ONLY. I know lots of people are frustrated about this, and I am right along with them. Player versus player should have some changes to it's 'matching up' wizards. In the treasure card spamming situation, maybe Wizards could put a level requirement to PvP, like tournaments.

Thanks for the time to read this message, and I really hope this helps the situation of 'tc spamming'.

High level isn't my favorite place to pvp, since the number of times you fight an ice or Jadist far outnumbers normal opponents; makes for longer, more boring matches. I mostly do PvP from my level 2 up through my level 70, with occasional matches on my Promethean myth (He's pretty good), and my Archmage ice (he's immune to fire and storm, that helps). What I wouldn't mind is having the rank of Treasure Cards you can use depend on your opponent; that way when my death warlord fights someone his level, we both are stuck using the normal Skeletal Pirates and poisons, when I fight a legend, I can bring out the dragon.

Malorn Ashthorn33 Warlord

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
You know what would be fun??
Take everybody's PVP ideas and use it for a week, then see who regrets their suggestion.
I do like your idea about warlords and levels though.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
Clarinetplayer2247 on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:

Well let me wrote something here to. I agreed with your post and not even this, i "com plane" on gmail about pvp ranked matches, because i could not believe that me and my husband always got some captains, commanders and warlords, never private or sergeants. But i got answer same as my husband and i am sure many of you players , and yes i did post here long time before as suggestion but guess what - nothing was changed since than, only talking excuses and frustrations . So yea people talk open what do you think about pvp ranked, are you satisfied are you happy because i am not at all. I love to play fair play and i can be good loser also as good winner but with players on same lvl.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2013
This is my first post here and i just wanted to suggest to fix your pvp matching,i am a 69 and i lose to magus warlords and i am a private. right now my ranking is beyond repairable back to 500, thanks to all the warlords i get matched with 1v1 or 2v2, warlords vs a private is like putting a level 1 against a level 50, they have inmence resitance and the damage you deal they get back with heal spam, and i also think that tc should be banned from pvp, there are level 40 cating op snow angels on me and i cant do anyting about it cause their resisance is so high i wont even hurt them,right now i believe my ranking will drop lower than 200 thanks to the awesome match making KI has

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Amonarque on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
This is my first post here and i just wanted to suggest to fix your pvp matching,i am a 69 and i lose to magus warlords and i am a private. right now my ranking is beyond repairable back to 500, thanks to all the warlords i get matched with 1v1 or 2v2, warlords vs a private is like putting a level 1 against a level 50, they have inmence resitance and the damage you deal they get back with heal spam, and i also think that tc should be banned from pvp, there are level 40 cating op snow angels on me and i cant do anyting about it cause their resisance is so high i wont even hurt them,right now i believe my ranking will drop lower than 200 thanks to the awesome match making KI has
A warlord at magus level, using a standard ticket ring and commander gear along with heartsteel, has about 1300 health and between 40-55 resistance. Your over doubling them in level, and I'm assuming have about 3000 something health... Just cast shields, blade, and use scald several times and they'll die. Its a lot more annoying to the unfortunate warlord fighting someone that high leveled.

Malorn Ashthorn 33 Warlord 45-7

Survivor
Apr 21, 2013
1320Wraith on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
A warlord at magus level, using a standard ticket ring and commander gear along with heartsteel, has about 1300 health and between 40-55 resistance. Your over doubling them in level, and I'm assuming have about 3000 something health... Just cast shields, blade, and use scald several times and they'll die. Its a lot more annoying to the unfortunate warlord fighting someone that high leveled.

Malorn Ashthorn 33 Warlord 45-7
the double in level is true but what i have in health which is 2443 they have in resist so lets say that resist is 50 which that was what they had and their like was 1500 that 50 resist would make me do about 3000 of damage with out the shields and healing.

Antonio Nightbane private 14-25 xD

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Amonarque on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
the double in level is true but what i have in health which is 2443 they have in resist so lets say that resist is 50 which that was what they had and their like was 1500 that 50 resist would make me do about 3000 of damage with out the shields and healing.

Antonio Nightbane private 14-25 xD
Don't be afraid to hit one in a million everyone once and a while during a pvp match if you need to.