Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVE Maycast change

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
A really good improvement to the pets maycast ability, would be if we could choose which spell was cast (when our pets have multiple maycast spells). What would happen is you would get a card selection screen like we’re choosing a card from our deck, but this would come up with all the spells our pet could cast. So, take my phoenix at level 10 (I know we're not at level 10 yet). When it was going to cast a spell, I’d get a Spell choice screen that showed Spritely, Fire Shield, Fire trap and Fire Blade. You’d have a 15 second window (half the time of your normal spell selection) to choose your spell or it would do nothing. This way, I could choose the spell that would be most beneficial at that time in the fight. How many times has your pet cast spritely multiple times in a row when it wasn’t needed? Now yes, this would slow down some fights, but I feel, in the long run, it would be more beneficial.

Thoughts?

Defender
May 29, 2009
This would also destroy the effects of a first spell. Lets say your pet has fairy friend and spritely. Wouldn't the person always choose fairy friend? I don't think this is a good idea.

Anthony Ashcatcher lv75

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
dayerider on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
A really good improvement to the pets maycast ability, would be if we could choose which spell was cast (when our pets have multiple maycast spells). What would happen is you would get a card selection screen like we’re choosing a card from our deck, but this would come up with all the spells our pet could cast. So, take my phoenix at level 10 (I know we're not at level 10 yet). When it was going to cast a spell, I’d get a Spell choice screen that showed Spritely, Fire Shield, Fire trap and Fire Blade. You’d have a 15 second window (half the time of your normal spell selection) to choose your spell or it would do nothing. This way, I could choose the spell that would be most beneficial at that time in the fight. How many times has your pet cast spritely multiple times in a row when it wasn’t needed? Now yes, this would slow down some fights, but I feel, in the long run, it would be more beneficial.

Thoughts?
They have current triggers in game, Most of the time your pet would only have one card in its poor hand. i would prefer the current method to this new one.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
TheNecromancyKing on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
This would also destroy the effects of a first spell. Lets say your pet has fairy friend and spritely. Wouldn't the person always choose fairy friend? I don't think this is a good idea.

Anthony Ashcatcher lv75
Correct me if I'm wrong, but fairy is a heal self only spell. That being the case, it would ONLY destroy the effects if you are the person who got hit. It seems like you've seen a maycast hit after the very first attack more often than I have. Keep in mind that you're illustrating an example with only healing possibilities.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
KOblivion on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
They have current triggers in game, Most of the time your pet would only have one card in its poor hand. i would prefer the current method to this new one.
in this event, they would cast the only spell they know. As you get better, you get pets with more spells they can cast (as you probably know). If all you do is your quests, you get rewarded with certain pets. 3 Pets that I have are Phoenix, Jellyfish and Scarecrow. They have the following spell abilities:

Phoenix: Spritely, Fire Shield, Fireblade Fire Trap (4 spells) - This is a L58 Fire school pet quest
Jellyfish: Spritely, Deathblade (2 spells) - you get this pet when you complete the Lunarium Tunes quest
Scarecrow: Spritely, Death Trap, Death Blade, Death Shield (4 spells) - This is a L58 Death school pet quest

These pets have zero hatching involved; they were quest rewards. All the other Level 58 school quest rewards pets that have spritely, and then blades, traps and shields from their respective schools. Each schools gets a pet for free, no gold or hatching required that could take advantage of this idea.