Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting Deer Knight and Lord of Night Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
I am so upset I have been working FOR EVER to get components to get Deer Knight and Lord of Night spells. I just met a girl that has BOTH spells. She got them from the packs you can buy for 399 crowns. I have been playing this game since release, and am considering quitting for good. How can you have such Ultra rare stuff for sale, but in play takes years to get?

Administrator
Crowns vs Time, young Wizard.
You can either spend the Crowns on the packs for a chance to win the items
or
You can spend the Time to collect the reagents needed to craft the items.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Silcsurfr on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
I am so upset I have been working FOR EVER to get components to get Deer Knight and Lord of Night spells. I just met a girl that has BOTH spells. She got them from the packs you can buy for 399 crowns. I have been playing this game since release, and am considering quitting for good. How can you have such Ultra rare stuff for sale, but in play takes years to get?
I have crafted Deer Knight, and it took maybe 3-4 months. The two limiting reagents are amber and Deer Knight TCs.
I have not, and will not craft Lord of Night, as it looks like a mini Dr. Von with a worthless infection (PvE) at the end of it.
Deer Knight is worth it. I grew King Parsleys. They multiply like rabbits by possibly dropping a seed at mature.
You can use time or money (which is merely a time substitute). I would say the time spent is actually more rewarding, and the time spent really isn't much in terms of work, just a longer wait.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Thx for your feedback on the spells. I appreciate the tip on Gardening (if you like gardening )

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Crafting deer knight is the pinnacle of Wizard101 crafting, and arguably the single most challenging and difficult task in the entire game. For a first-time wizard the effort and commitment far exceeds anything else.

I don't believe this should be available in a pack. Or at the very least it should be made distinguishable from the crafted spell (different colored deer knight, slightly different animation, etc.).

~ RottenHeart , Lvl 90

Survivor
May 01, 2012
I just came across this post as I have a major issue with trying to craft the spell "Lord of Night"
Now you say its a Crowns vs Time issue...I , being an adult player and wanting every spell that I can use , will take the time and work at getting everything...I have crafted the Watchtower Hall , so I am used to long farming and working for something I want .

Now the real major issue with this is....I just spent over 40,000 crowns on Shamans Lore Packs . I did not get any of the spells which is to be expected . But the real issue , is I did not get 1 single Lord of Night Treasure Card and in fact only got one of the Ice spells cards , the Moon whatever one...out of all those packs...

Now it being a Crowns vs Time issue...wouldn't we in the least get the Treasure Cards needed from buying packs? As it is now this is completely unacceptable . I have been haunting the Bazaar for the last few nights and have not seen a single Lord of Night Treasure Card...This shows there is a very serious and real issue with the ability to even obtain this spell...or for that matter from my example any of the new spells as the Treasure cards are just not being received and I know I am not the only one with this issue...

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Hello Angus,
I didn't think Lord of Night tc's were available in the bazaar. I think you must farm for them. Certainly deer night tc's you must farm for.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Once in a blue moon, the Lord of Night TC will appear in the Bazaar. Keep farming there when you get the chance. I did get all of my Lord of Night TC and all the other spell TC from the Bazaar, so it is possible!

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Why do people craft Lord of Night... other than just for the sake of collecting it?

The animation looks cool and is a nice alternative to watching the wraith over and over. Dmg/pip ratio is better than wraith, but not much better. It doesn't seem like a strategic spell for farming bosses in Azteca. I'm not sure I would use it much if I had it. Anyway the price seems to high for a spell I would only use for goofing around.

Opinions from anybody that has the spell?

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
RottenHeart on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
Hello Angus,
I didn't think Lord of Night tc's were available in the bazaar. I think you must farm for them. Certainly deer night tc's you must farm for.
I have actually gotten a couple deer knight tcs from the bazaar. They show up from time to time.
I have one Lord of Night, which I will probably just save.
The spell is another drain with an added infection, which in PvE is the worst possible add on..

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
deer knight is one of the most chalinging crafting recipes in the game. here r the hard things to get for it 1.amber a very hard to get 2. farming deer knight tc basicly you have to fight some deer things and get a chance to get one or pull one from knights lore. i am a lvl 85

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Crowns vs Time, young Wizard.
You can either spend the Crowns on the packs for a chance to win the items
or
You can spend the Time to collect the reagents needed to craft the items.
Or you can do both like me lol

I spend all my allowance on packs, right now on keepers lore packs but later
i plan to start opening knight's lore and ninja's lore packs as well. I plan on trying to get
Luminious weaver, brimstone revenant, deer knight and goat monk.

I did get the real version of keeper of the flame which i do not plan on using at all lol
These packs drop the materials needed to craft the cards in game. They also drop a
lot of gear which i have been feeding to my pet (feeding to my pet gives gold, & more
crafting mats as well as helping my pet to level up.) I get gold, materials to craft with &
a chance at knocking one of the four spells i plan on getting off my list with each pack.

I am currently level 46 & i am a master artisan and very close to become a grand master
arisan. I have put a lot of gold and time farming materials to get this far so early so i can
have cool rare spells at a low level or intermediate level as it where. I dread the legendary
artisan quest to come after this tho.

Point is the packs help to get the spells through both means, hard work and just plain luck.
I make do with a childs allowance of $10 a day and have made it very far. (my allowance is
about $300 a month altogether and i spend half of it in the shops so KI makes a pretty penny
off of me.) I have spent more on this game than i care to admit but honestly its a hobby of mine
and i have no complaints about anything.

I understand that some people have more money than time or more time than money
or to much of both or not enough of either. These spells are a long shot of either luck at
the cost of money or A LOT of time and hard work.

I will be running around with deer knight, luminous weaver, brimstone revenant & goat monk
and i am thankful for the level of dificulty it takes to obtain these spells because i will be able to
say i am one of the few.

I have also only been playing for a few months so i have not sunk a ton of money into this
project and i am almost able to craft these spells in game if i do not get them as drops in packs.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Angus Thunderpants on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
I just came across this post as I have a major issue with trying to craft the spell "Lord of Night"
Now you say its a Crowns vs Time issue...I , being an adult player and wanting every spell that I can use , will take the time and work at getting everything...I have crafted the Watchtower Hall , so I am used to long farming and working for something I want .

Now the real major issue with this is....I just spent over 40,000 crowns on Shamans Lore Packs . I did not get any of the spells which is to be expected . But the real issue , is I did not get 1 single Lord of Night Treasure Card and in fact only got one of the Ice spells cards , the Moon whatever one...out of all those packs...

Now it being a Crowns vs Time issue...wouldn't we in the least get the Treasure Cards needed from buying packs? As it is now this is completely unacceptable . I have been haunting the Bazaar for the last few nights and have not seen a single Lord of Night Treasure Card...This shows there is a very serious and real issue with the ability to even obtain this spell...or for that matter from my example any of the new spells as the Treasure cards are just not being received and I know I am not the only one with this issue...
That's because I've bought them all.

I have about 7 lord of night tc from the last two weeks camping the bazaar for Deer Knight tc.

Deer Knight I have none (found two and got one dropped by Morag Bloodtine, but I gave them to my death friend who was quite desperate.)

Yes, if you need them and are showing a serious and committed effort to gather amber and craft this, I will simply give you the cards you need.

I would rather farm and craft than buy ~$120 worth of packs just for a chance at a spell that may or may not be in my primary or secondary school.

KPs grow themselves without constant supervision, so you can do other things (like camp the bazaar, farm Morag Bloodtine, or explore Aquila) while they are doing their thing. Just drop in twice a day and spray for bugs and whatnot.

You can do this for free. Red Barn Farm and summon pixie help you do it faster.

At least you HAVE an alternative for obtaining Deer Knight and/or LoN that doesn't involve having disposable income and no student loans hanging over your head.

Not so for Teeth of the Lords of Night, the super block wand I can't seem to pull after ripping about $15 in shamans packs; or the 100 crit 30 block yuletide wand after blowing about $8 in crowns during the recent promo.

Ain't no way, no how, I'm gonna get a super block wand of that magnitude without spending money on a LOT of packs. No boss drops these, no farming, no crafting. Nuh uh. Sad panda. Even if it cost 1000 aether I would still try.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
Silcsurfr on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
It took me a day to craft it, Tartars it great for amber.