Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does your wizard mature with level?

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I just realized my level 90 wizard doesn't goof around anymore. Back in the old days (under level 50) I often played around, but now my wizard seems so serious. I don't go for swims in WC commons, run around backwards, or taunt the beggars anymore. I don't know if its battle scars and old wounds or what.

But my new wizards sometimes do mess around. Much more jolly! Hopping around, saying funny stuff, whatever.

Do other players notice personality shifts in their wizards?

~ RottenHeart

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
RottenHeart on May 14, 2013 wrote:
I just realized my level 90 wizard doesn't goof around anymore. Back in the old days (under level 50) I often played around, but now my wizard seems so serious. I don't go for swims in WC commons, run around backwards, or taunt the beggars anymore. I don't know if its battle scars and old wounds or what.

But my new wizards sometimes do mess around. Much more jolly! Hopping around, saying funny stuff, whatever.

Do other players notice personality shifts in their wizards?

~ RottenHeart
Au contraire~ if anything, my wizards become much less uptight as they level.

Shadowsong (90 balance) used to be a good little wizard; now, her favourite pastime is tormenting Malistaire before she and her other gearless promethean friends thrash him. No one takes her seriously anymore (not even her owner).

Valerian (90 death) has evolved into my least-manly wizard; in fact, Shadowsong is more manly than him, and she's a girl.

Sestiva (77 storm) is all business, except for her love-hate relationship with a certain Valkoor Shadowblade. They make a good team, but there's lots of... er, tension... in the dueling ring when they argue over who misses who more.

Angela (22 fire) is the noob of Von's main-account family and is the most-serious wizard; maybe it's because she spent so much time in that toxic-sludge-pit that is the arena and got used to being called names at her young age, but she's still coming into her own.

-

I guess I've reached a point where I (and my wizards) don't really care about what people think of us... and I'm certainly not above swimming backwards around the Commons.

-von
(out of ice cream, time to die!)

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
My wizard hasn't gotten more mature, but she has changed quite a bit in the last 37 levels. She went from being the shy, simple little diviner to being good at battles, and talking quite a bit. Instead of wearing simple clothes from vendors, she wears interesting clothing from crafting, drops, and quests.

Destiny Windgem, level 37

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Dr Von on May 15, 2013 wrote:
Au contraire~ if anything, my wizards become much less uptight as they level.

Shadowsong (90 balance) used to be a good little wizard; now, her favourite pastime is tormenting Malistaire before she and her other gearless promethean friends thrash him. No one takes her seriously anymore (not even her owner).

Valerian (90 death) has evolved into my least-manly wizard; in fact, Shadowsong is more manly than him, and she's a girl.

Sestiva (77 storm) is all business, except for her love-hate relationship with a certain Valkoor Shadowblade. They make a good team, but there's lots of... er, tension... in the dueling ring when they argue over who misses who more.

Angela (22 fire) is the noob of Von's main-account family and is the most-serious wizard; maybe it's because she spent so much time in that toxic-sludge-pit that is the arena and got used to being called names at her young age, but she's still coming into her own.

-

I guess I've reached a point where I (and my wizards) don't really care about what people think of us... and I'm certainly not above swimming backwards around the Commons.

-von
(out of ice cream, time to die!)
I'd have to say my wizards maturity levels change every day O.O when I'm in the commons no one knows if I'm gonna be crazy or not. Needless to say, all of my wizards look cool so I get a lot of attention in the commons LOL, kidding. My ice wiz (Skullslinger) is the one you've gotta watch out for being crazy. Don't let the white hair fool you.

I still have ice cream von! Hope is not lost!

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Once I hit Marleybone, I got more impatient and more easily burned out.

I first learned of "hidden to friends" setting about this time, and while it helped me get a lot more questing done, I'm not real happy with this change.

I do believe the game should be primarily social and group oriented. I miss questing with friends.

It's just hard when you have a job and family and responsibilities outside of your wizard life, and only a few hours a week to play. You help others, but nobody offers to help you. You get stuck, bored, and grumpy. Soon you realize you have helped them into worlds far ahead of yours and they are 10 levels above you and forget you exist.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Mine was kinda serious at first, almost refusing to talk unless needed to.. Now he cracks jokes on the battlefield depending on which spells he uses.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
well I used to be extremely friendly, talkative, and funny but I find that ive lost a lot of that for some weird reason, maybe its the lack of friends on my friends list, after all before Azteca I had a full row of friends on at almost all times.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
LOL I only have one wizard, Angela DragonStone(Level 84). If anything, she has gotten less mature . From Wizard City to Zafaria I had Menu chat. Then I got it text chat. Now sometimes my favorite thing to do in game is chat chat chat chat with wizard friends lol. And in serious dungeons, me and other wizards will be discussing wizard jokes, movies (Harry potter mostly,) funny stories, our fears of bugs, our favorite foods, and once amusment park rides. So I guess because of text chat Angela D. has become a fun and a bit crazy wizard

But I still go swimming in wizard city commons XD

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
wizardrokz on May 17, 2013 wrote:
LOL I only have one wizard, Angela DragonStone(Level 84). If anything, she has gotten less mature . From Wizard City to Zafaria I had Menu chat. Then I got it text chat. Now sometimes my favorite thing to do in game is chat chat chat chat with wizard friends lol. And in serious dungeons, me and other wizards will be discussing wizard jokes, movies (Harry potter mostly,) funny stories, our fears of bugs, our favorite foods, and once amusment park rides. So I guess because of text chat Angela D. has become a fun and a bit crazy wizard

But I still go swimming in wizard city commons XD
Me to, except I got text chat after Triton Avenue, and the other day I was finishing up Wysteria and I was making fun of the hobgoblins' looks. Unfortunatley I feel they went harder on me than the other person in battle, so they got their revenge lol! And I did have my full 1500 health at the start.

Destiny Windgem, level 41

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Insanity is a blessing in disguise. Well with my wizard that may not always be the case, least with the enemies. he cracks puns with almost every spell. some are good, some need improvement.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Some people are fun to quest with because they are always cracking jokes and talking trash at the bosses, making silly references to other games, etc.

There's a fine line though, and i've seen a few people cross it. As a rule though, the higher your lvl, the more mature and socially perceptive your quest mates are. And if your social judgment isn't so good, best to stick to neutral things like match strategy and teamwork rather than do or say something awkward.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
crunkatog on May 25, 2013 wrote:
Some people are fun to quest with because they are always cracking jokes and talking trash at the bosses, making silly references to other games, etc.

There's a fine line though, and i've seen a few people cross it. As a rule though, the higher your lvl, the more mature and socially perceptive your quest mates are. And if your social judgment isn't so good, best to stick to neutral things like match strategy and teamwork rather than do or say something awkward.
True.. Very True. Albeit that's why I quest with higher levels. They'll actually get my references to other games, other items they learn in school. Although with them there are times where I've very nearly crossed that line. They warned me off before I actually crossed said line.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
I have been serious about the game every since I started playing. I actually turned off my chat and I only make friend requests if I need some help beating a dungeon. No wonder I was chosen to be a death wizard.

-Amber Drake

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Mine went from serious and muted to talkative and fun.

I got ice cream too Von!

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
now that I think of it, my level 67 myth has matured a lot! when he was level 7 I would always try to go in that door that leads to where the death school is, in around the 30's I worked with playing with my pet and playing with my other friend wizards. and now that im level 67 I constantly play with other wizards. going from the shy little outcast who wanted to see what was behind that door to fighting mallistare and helping out around Zafaria.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Noope....if anything i've gotten way worse. I have nothing to do in game so I end up goofing off even more

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
My wizard used to be happy and almost never ask for help, but now, at level 48, I prefer meditating with my simple house, which used to be huge, a sultans palace.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
crunkatog on May 16, 2013 wrote:
Once I hit Marleybone, I got more impatient and more easily burned out.

I first learned of "hidden to friends" setting about this time, and while it helped me get a lot more questing done, I'm not real happy with this change.

I do believe the game should be primarily social and group oriented. I miss questing with friends.

It's just hard when you have a job and family and responsibilities outside of your wizard life, and only a few hours a week to play. You help others, but nobody offers to help you. You get stuck, bored, and grumpy. Soon you realize you have helped them into worlds far ahead of yours and they are 10 levels above you and forget you exist.
If I may ask, what is the "hidden to friends" feature and how do you use it? Thanks.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
ShaeleighRose on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
If I may ask, what is the "hidden to friends" feature and how do you use it? Thanks.
Hidden to friends makes it so your friends don't see you're online. It's helpful when you don't want to be disturbed while questing. To use it, simply go to your options menu, it should be there if I remember correctly

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
I always been ... I guess Un Mature (I dont think that the right words :P) i'll always be yelling out: "go [insert spell here] and in a place like triton ave. where I have a spell that the boss of that place i'll yell "meet your boss" but other then that i'm random

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
I think when my wizard was "younger" she clowned around a bit and didn't take battles so seriously, but now she is older she takes stuff seriously and I actually concentrate in a battle about strategies and stuff, rather than just throwing random attack spells at the enemy.
So yes, I think we do mature as we progress :) People do mature in different ways though - take Von's post, I bet her wizards have matured in the battle strategy area if not downright maturity :P
Sierra Ashblood, Legendary

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
sierraisonfire on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
I think when my wizard was "younger" she clowned around a bit and didn't take battles so seriously, but now she is older she takes stuff seriously and I actually concentrate in a battle about strategies and stuff, rather than just throwing random attack spells at the enemy.
So yes, I think we do mature as we progress :) People do mature in different ways though - take Von's post, I bet her wizards have matured in the battle strategy area if not downright maturity :P
Sierra Ashblood, Legendary
LOL, you are absolutely right; Von's strategy has evolved, but her secret to success is not taking herself too seriously.

Anyone who thinks that being a supreme strategist means not having any fun, I invite you all to join some Azteca battles with me and QueQueg... On second thought, probably not such a good idea~ there's no hazard pay in the Spiral; so, if you lose your mind while en route with us, you must find it yourself... kthanksbye.

-v.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Dr Von on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
LOL, you are absolutely right; Von's strategy has evolved, but her secret to success is not taking herself too seriously.

Anyone who thinks that being a supreme strategist means not having any fun, I invite you all to join some Azteca battles with me and QueQueg... On second thought, probably not such a good idea~ there's no hazard pay in the Spiral; so, if you lose your mind while en route with us, you must find it yourself... kthanksbye.

-v.
I already have lost my mind... where do I sign up?

Defender
May 29, 2009
Joshua Starflame on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
I already have lost my mind... where do I sign up?
I've lost my mind too unfortunately I am only lvl 70, a little low for azteca but ill let you know when I'm ready

Anthony Ashcatcher level 70

Survivor
Jun 14, 2013
I know what you guys mean, My friends don't joke around when fighting monsters. No one ever jokes around, At least nobody i have met so far. It's just sad when i talk to myself with 3 people helping me I hope that doesn't change me.

--Carlos [Lvl 24]

--Originally Level 87