Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does the game change later?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2013
I've only begun playing Wizard 101 for about 2 weeks now and wast curious if the game flow changes in certain areas later on. I'm finishing up Colossus Blvd and so far I've been to 3-4 different lanes, streets, or areas, and it's exactly the same in every area. The area might be red, snowy, or some small variance based off the street but I basically get quests to kill a certain mob, kill them, kill some other mobs, and throughout that area get 2-3 quests having me kill the same mobs I killed in the first quest. It's alot of running around doing the same exact thing over and over.

I know in any game there will be some repetition but the areas I've been in are nearly identical in every way with the exception of a different color building and names of mobs. Does this change later on or should I expect to keep doing the same thing with just name changes in each area?

Thanks for any information.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Tanus79 on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
I've only begun playing Wizard 101 for about 2 weeks now and wast curious if the game flow changes in certain areas later on. I'm finishing up Colossus Blvd and so far I've been to 3-4 different lanes, streets, or areas, and it's exactly the same in every area. The area might be red, snowy, or some small variance based off the street but I basically get quests to kill a certain mob, kill them, kill some other mobs, and throughout that area get 2-3 quests having me kill the same mobs I killed in the first quest. It's alot of running around doing the same exact thing over and over.

I know in any game there will be some repetition but the areas I've been in are nearly identical in every way with the exception of a different color building and names of mobs. Does this change later on or should I expect to keep doing the same thing with just name changes in each area?

The whole game is based off doing repeat things over and over. go here go there take out 10 of these or a chance to get an item etc etc. I still enjoy it even after taking many characters to max and coming from other online games like EQ

This game is simple and anyone can be end game geared unlike other games you need to do end game raiding hours and hours a day to get that gear.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Yes, The game will change quit a bit as you progress to the higher level areas. Wizard101 is a great game to play for all ages and gets progressively challenging. Hope That answers it for you have fun and keep playing :)

Survivor
Mar 23, 2013
masterryan1969 on May 1, 2013 wrote:
The whole game is based off doing repeat things over and over. go here go there take out 10 of these or a chance to get an item etc etc. I still enjoy it even after taking many characters to max and coming from other online games like EQ

This game is simple and anyone can be end game geared unlike other games you need to do end game raiding hours and hours a day to get that gear.
Ok, I thought as much. I've played many online games starting out with EQ1 12 years ago and moving around to alot of different games. I started wizard 101 because my son is old enough to understand how some of these games work and I wanted a game for us both to play. He likes it and I do too, but was worried if I'd get bored later on with the repetition.

I've finally realized, to save some of the repetition in new areas, I no longer do any quests that ask me to kill a certain amount of mobs first. I wait till I have finished all the running and talking to someone quests, then when those are done I usually have 2-3 quests that ask me to kill the same mob. It's saves alot of going back and forth but the down side is I'm leveling too fast for my son to stay close level,lol.

Thanks for the info

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Streets in each world look pretty much the same up until Celestia. From Celestia on, there is a lot more variety in the "look" of each area. That's one thing I like very much about the second arc.

But as for the quests, starting with Avalon you'll get more boss battles, but it's still pretty much "defeat a mob...defeat a boss...defeat another mob (or maybe the same mob as before)...defeat a boss...defeat more mobs and bosses...go through a long tedious dungeon with both mobs and bosses and pray you don't accidentally get disconnected in the middle and have to start the dungeon over...go on to the next world."

Defender
May 03, 2009
prairiefalcon on May 1, 2013 wrote:
Streets in each world look pretty much the same up until Celestia. From Celestia on, there is a lot more variety in the "look" of each area. That's one thing I like very much about the second arc.

But as for the quests, starting with Avalon you'll get more boss battles, but it's still pretty much "defeat a mob...defeat a boss...defeat another mob (or maybe the same mob as before)...defeat a boss...defeat more mobs and bosses...go through a long tedious dungeon with both mobs and bosses and pray you don't accidentally get disconnected in the middle and have to start the dungeon over...go on to the next world."
And don't forget talking to the people who are too scared and nervous to fight the bosses and mobs themselves.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Tanus79 on May 1, 2013 wrote:
Ok, I thought as much. I've played many online games starting out with EQ1 12 years ago and moving around to alot of different games. I started wizard 101 because my son is old enough to understand how some of these games work and I wanted a game for us both to play. He likes it and I do too, but was worried if I'd get bored later on with the repetition.

I've finally realized, to save some of the repetition in new areas, I no longer do any quests that ask me to kill a certain amount of mobs first. I wait till I have finished all the running and talking to someone quests, then when those are done I usually have 2-3 quests that ask me to kill the same mob. It's saves alot of going back and forth but the down side is I'm leveling too fast for my son to stay close level,lol.

Thanks for the info
you can play your sons account at the same time as yours. log in to the player select screen then load the game a second time. I had to do this for my kids they have no patience to really do the game well enough to get to the end on their own free will :)

Delver
Jan 13, 2010

Thanks for the info
Well, i think you are doing all the side quests as well. Side Quests are quests you dont have to do, they are just there for exp. Do your main quest only and the game gets much easier and quicker.And by the way, the game gets much much different in the later worlds, specially, mooshu and marleybone. This game is great for everyone to play.

Cole Dunerunner Lvl 90 Promethean Sorcerer
Lord of the Falling Sky

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Tanus79 on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:

Just wait till you hit Krokotopia, when the designs and music changes for the first time. And wait till Wysteria and Celestia, when creatures start cheating.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

Thanks for the info
I found early on that stacking quests was handy, it does make it more efficient to move though areas.

What we have done for questing together though, is, we created wizards that just quest with the other family member - that way we were on the same page all the time and since I had already been to the places I had an idea of how they would go. I usually try to pick a good support school for this like Life or Balance. I found if the other player does not get the hang of the game by Avalon it becomes difficult to stay afloat with out being able to help more.

We take all main quests and sides because it helps be more prepared level wise for the upper worlds. For those who learn how to play the game very well this may not be as important but before you can enter upper worlds you must be a certain level so putting in the time now saves having to back track for experience.

I have found that a lot start with their kids but the parents/adults end up continuing on when the kids become tired of it.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Cole Dunerunner on May 3, 2013 wrote:
Well, i think you are doing all the side quests as well. Side Quests are quests you dont have to do, they are just there for exp. Do your main quest only and the game gets much easier and quicker.And by the way, the game gets much much different in the later worlds, specially, mooshu and marleybone. This game is great for everyone to play.

Cole Dunerunner Lvl 90 Promethean Sorcerer
Lord of the Falling Sky
But if you don't do the side quests, you get into the more difficult worlds long before you're a level to deal with them comfortably.

They are there to give you exp. That's for a reason. don't skip them.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
It depends on how you see it. No area is exactly alike, but i think i know what you mean. Trust me, areas get more complex and more fun as time goes on. Trust me, you go through a lot of areas when you're in zafaria