Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting - Samoorai

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Has anyone successfully crafted the Samoorai spell?

Requires:
5 Samoorai TC
100 Perfect Amethyst
200 Ghost Fire
100 Water Lilly
100 Bronze Gear
50 Spring
50 Sunstone
12 Amber

I have everything except sunstone and amber. I can try to transmute the sunstone, but that by itself will take weeks. The amber, however, is nearly impossible to get since it's only available through gardening a select, difficult-to-find set of plants.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
The Dragonrider on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:

Requires:
5 Samoorai TC
100 Perfect Amethyst
200 Ghost Fire
100 Water Lilly
100 Bronze Gear
50 Spring
50 Sunstone
12 Amber

I have everything except sunstone and amber. I can try to transmute the sunstone, but that by itself will take weeks. The amber, however, is nearly impossible to get since it's only available through gardening a select, difficult-to-find set of plants.
For this spell it is quicker to farm the boss in Mooshu that drops it. Just make sure you are on the wizard that you want to get it as it's not transferable, of course.

I farmed for about 2 hours and got it on my Balance wizard.

Unless you like the challenge of crafting.

My Ice got the Goat Monk spell while doing that dungeon quest and has never used it, I wish you could reject it when dropped.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Very little have even attempted this not only because of the ridiculous amount of items you need (Mostly because of amber) but because you must be a legendary artisan. You've already gotten so far, so if you plan to craft it I would say go for it!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I farmed for months in Mooshu and never got the Samoorai spell on my Balance.

I finally crafted it a couple of months ago. I can understand how frustrating it is to collect all the reagents for the spell, especially the amber. I wish KI made reagents a little easier to get.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on May 7, 2013 wrote:
I farmed for months in Mooshu and never got the Samoorai spell on my Balance.

I finally crafted it a couple of months ago. I can understand how frustrating it is to collect all the reagents for the spell, especially the amber. I wish KI made reagents a little easier to get.
To be fair I was just having a lucky day - it was during the day of the M4H farming event of that temple and after that I found the wizard and won a 2 person Blood Raven mount.

It happens rarely for me .

Either way I had a fun day meeting all the nice wizards.

Community Leader
Northlite on May 8, 2013 wrote:
To be fair I was just having a lucky day - it was during the day of the M4H farming event of that temple and after that I found the wizard and won a 2 person Blood Raven mount.

It happens rarely for me .

Either way I had a fun day meeting all the nice wizards.
I'm glad you had fun at the farming event! :) We saw quite a few people get samoorai - unfortunately goat monk wasn't as forthcoming, lol.

I was just wondering if you'd made any progress, tidwellj? The amber certainly can hard to come by - even with a full garden of King Parsley it can take months to get enough to craft the spell. I hope you've had some success.

For gameplay tips, check the official Mercenaries101 fansite! To request free, experienced help with bosses & dungeons, click here for our forum.
Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
The Dragonrider on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:

Requires:
5 Samoorai TC
100 Perfect Amethyst
200 Ghost Fire
100 Water Lilly
100 Bronze Gear
50 Spring
50 Sunstone
12 Amber

Firstly, nice job getting the reagents thus far! Seriously!

Secondly, like brwac suggested, I really think you need to consider being patient and farming Shoji for it. I think it'll be best if you saved those reagents for another hard-to-get spell or item you may need/want in the future.