Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance cheats in pvp

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
firehazard14 on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
Balance i gotta admit rocks as a school and if you get to meet a balance person in pvp and you not balance lvl 28 and up you lose cause of judgement! i hate when that happens! if all balance lost judge spell i would have a chance up aagainst balance in pvp hope this can change kingisle choice on judge spell
Well i personally dont think that judgement deals that much damage. And if you have universal resist then its lowered. Also you can tower for half. Theres ways around every spell.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Mar 19, 2013 wrote:
Well i personally dont think that judgement deals that much damage. And if you have universal resist then its lowered. Also you can tower for half. Theres ways around every spell.
This is true gunslinger, but you got to remember that some balances have over 70 attack. Also, they have over 200 critical now. So I could see why people would complain...only if they aren't prepared for it. Once on my ice, I fought a balance who did 4000 damage to me THROUGH a tower with a judge I dont think he criticaled or anything so I don't know what happened to my 48 resist points.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
KI cant just change a spell for one person! Balance does not cheat!! Bosses in celestia and up cheat!!!! Non- balance wizards hate balance because they think they are "unfair and cheating" ............ balance is a little of every school, and has it advantages and disadvantages. For example, judgement is the most popular balance spell since it can hit a lot with blades+traps+astral spells+crit+power pips. BUT there is no balance prism... therefore balance will have a hard time with balance monsters.... put tower shields on and weakness otherwise dont complain

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Just want to say this is my first post in a while. Great to be back, guys :D.

Now, on to business: Review your post. You want to shatter the strategies of every Balance on the planet, all because you lost to them. Did you try using a strategy yourself? Balance spells can be blocked quite easily with Tower Shield (an Ice Spell) and Weakness (Balance). Add it up and that's -75 damage boost. Just as good as a shield. Balance won't kill you.

At any rate, KI won't revoke a spell because one person complained. So it's best to use strategy, and beat Balance wizards yourself. It's a much better feeling then winning because they were nerfed.

Defender
May 29, 2009
Balance i gotta admit rocks as a school and if you get to meet a balance person in pvp and you not balance lvl 28 and up you lose cause of judgement! i hate when that happens! if all balance lost judge spell i would have a chance up aagainst balance in pvp hope this can change kingisle choice on judge spell
Judgement becomes minor after lvl 35, the max it can do is 1400 and that is with 7 power pips! It shouldn't be a problem for you.

Anthony Ashcatcher legendary necromancer

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
Agreed with everyone above me. Get towers get weakness get resist. Done

Survivor
May 29, 2010
I'd like to see all these top notch non-balance wizard pvp players complain about balance spells when they're asking us to help them get their "one in a million" badge.

Seriously, everyone should stop trying to reconstruct the entire game when they get mad at something that brings them to a halt in pvp. Just come up with ways to beat any opponent you encounter.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
I don't know why you would be targetting that spell. It is really easy to take the damage off by using a tower shield and possibly be using a weakness.

However, I don't see why you don't say something like that to the spell manaburn, unless you are a lower level.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
Balance does NOT cheat. Personally, I like the challenge of strategy. Dont get a school nerfed because you cant beat one of their spells. It's like nerfing Ice because of their over 100 resist. You dont have to like it, but you have to know that you should find a way around it. Coming from a Storm character.

Amber NightBlossom, Level 76 Storm
Kestrel AshThorn, level 13 Death

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Feb 14, 2013 wrote:
(Oh my, I'm falling on the floor laughing ..... wait .... I need to get back in my chair ..... okay I'm ready)

Really? Hate to tell ya this, but Balance does not have an easy time in PvP. If we use regular Balance blades, we can't wand off towers without wasting those two very low percentage blades, and the same goes for weakness, unless Balance carries cleanse charm, pierce or shatter, which is what everyone else has the opportunity to use, as well.

Judgement is an "x" spell, so is Heckhound (for more damage per pip) and Tempest (for more damage per pip). Should we look at those as well? The other schools can blade like crazy to get the most damage, whereas Balance can't for Judgement. Nerfing something just because someone can't figure out how to play is not fair to anyone, nor any school.

Any school can can critical and any school can be blocked. There's nothing special about Balance that would prevent a critical from going through more than any other school, unless that player's gear is not set up that way. Plus, just like any other school, if your gear is bad, you have just as much chance of a 'downfall' as any other.

EACH school is unique in it's own way. The best way to learn a school is to play it. Learn the ins and outs. What works and what doesn't. In PvP, there will be wins and losses. By losing a match, you LEARN what might be done next time to help you win.

I'm not sure where you get your stats about being "hardly any PvP groups these days", but I see lots and lots of groups in que. There are also many many 1v1 matches. If you're playing 1v1, then you must be even MORE prepared for battling any school. Have a strategy before going in. Not every circumstance will be covered, so there will be losses as well, but that is part of what PvP is ..... to be a better player .... to respect your wins and accept your losses. Learn from your mistakes and build upon the strategies that work.
That is absolutely true. I have a very hard time in PvP. I am a lvl 90 sorcerer an it is a very, very hard experience for PvP. It s because like you said. If we want to get rid of tower shields it gets rid of balanceblade. Plus what about tempest? Let me get to the conclusion. 4 enemys. Each 4000 health Tempest, storm blade + elemental blade + elemental trap + storm trap + windstorm + darkwind = about maybe 15000 damage.

Balance Judgement Balance Blade + Ladestorm + Hex + Hex which is 10+ from sword of kings and maybe feint that will do about maybe 600 with good damage, but only to one enemy and way less blades and traps. What about tempest, storm hound, heck hound

Cole Dunerunner Lvl 90 Promethean Sorcerer

Lord of the Falling Sky

Survivor
Sep 13, 2011
Wow people, learn to pvp. aside from tower, there are other ways to defend. Unbalance for example. Everyone knows balance like to use judgement, and if you watch pips and get experience you can usually tell when it's coming. A well timed dispel will ruin a judge :P Also kills anyone's ability to use elemental/spirit blades, and reshuffle so it's a good one to keep on hand. There are other ways to defend a judge, but that's one that works well. Point is, think about it guys, and stop crying

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
The Dream Eater Pr... on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
Dude, we dont wont our Judgment spell revoked. there are ways to block the Judgment spell. And fyi,Balance does not cheat. you cant even cheat in this game anyway. If Judgment is a way to cheat, which it isnt, other spells would count as cheating to.

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 85 Balance~over and out
judgement is cheating but its not the only spell, heck hound is,repeating snow angel,bone dragon,spinysaur, frozen armor, all the stupid storm shields(i'm joking but it is a problem since storm has no dots spell),baskelit or whatever it is (level 68 myth spell), the only element that can't cheat is storm it has no awesome spell to make us high ranks

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
dionwhite on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
Not just that now some balances spam mana burn and that aura crush spell they'd slowly became overpowered
that is true i have came across that kings isle should fix that somehow

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
Rony The Turtle on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
I got a brilliant idea.
Shield. *gasp*!
worst idea ever

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
That's it! I'm done! Enough of this Balance nonsense! Its their ability. Look at Mana Burn! Its broken the person can still use their spell if going second! Supernova or whatever it is. Takes aura's away its not that useful. Also if its Judgement? That's just one complaint. They have to stack up for those blades, and pips, perfect type for a tower shield man!

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
Considering ice/myth are no doubt the best magus pvp school, i find this hilarious. I used to pvp as a lvl 35 balance, got warlord without relying on judge. Enchanted scorpion, samoorai, spectral blast, and sand. Thats how to do it. Balance doesnt cheat, you just need to bring tower and weakness. only times balance is somewhat hard to beat is when they blade up, feint, shatter and judge. Not a whole lot you can do there besides myth dispel or be darn good at predicting their shatter and tower the same turn.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
and i love how judgement is an issue, yet temp isnt? hits 80 damage per pip, 20 less than judge, but its aoe, and storm has a much higher damage boost than balance does. judge does 1400 at max pips, and an enchanted sabertooth does 1375 at 10 pips? Make judge useless is what your asking?

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
scraped1 on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
Wow people, learn to pvp. aside from tower, there are other ways to defend. Unbalance for example. Everyone knows balance like to use judgement, and if you watch pips and get experience you can usually tell when it's coming. A well timed dispel will ruin a judge :P Also kills anyone's ability to use elemental/spirit blades, and reshuffle so it's a good one to keep on hand. There are other ways to defend a judge, but that's one that works well. Point is, think about it guys, and stop crying
I'm a balance and i almost never max pip judge :P

Wolf Nightcaller lvl 90 1st age balance warlord

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
I kind of agree. Judgement is super powerful, especially with colossal, and the only thing you can do to debuff it is use weakness, (easy to get rid of), and tower (easy to get rid of). Kingsisle needs to make a shield that only shields against balance spells, and probably a trap and blade to match.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
CatcherFire on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
I kind of agree. Judgement is super powerful, especially with colossal, and the only thing you can do to debuff it is use weakness, (easy to get rid of), and tower (easy to get rid of). Kingsisle needs to make a shield that only shields against balance spells, and probably a trap and blade to match.
You can plague and virulent plague (TC or normal), balance dispel, legion shield, TC tower shield, and TC weakness. And hey catcher fire, guess what! When we wand our traps and blades go away. Its pretty simple.

Wolf Nightcaller lvl 90 balance 1st age warlord

( I don't like to max pip judge so I'm not really a stereotypical balance.)

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
MAN! does everyone think judgement is the strongest spell? that can't be true there are lots of spells stronger like sabertooth (if you have a colossal enchant of course) but no school can cheat on this game lol. spamming does not count as cheating it is just giving yourself away so people can easily predict your next move so spamming isn't very smart lol so that's me opinion. don't agree if you don't want to yo (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
Judgement is strong but its trade off is that it uses all their pips no balance doesn't cheat nor does any other school but sometimes their spells seem like a cheap shot when their really not. For instance if any of you have actually played balance you would know how hard it is to pull that judge one shot off in the first place a lot of people shield,weakness,dispel,pip steal,enfeeble,earthquake or get you low health before even managing to get away with it in the first place.The same can be said for any other school their harder to use than they look and people should be noticing this and saying good game instead of hoping on the forums and complaining to everyone under the sun to remove a spell that's not broken.
Learn to play better predict what people will play or to be less of a sore looser /sore winner cause its annoying if they change a spell that nothing was wrong with to begin with all cause chicken little had to start crying that the sky was falling.
If a spell is trully broken you will know you wont be questioning and accusing it of cheating you will sit there and say this card breaks all game play mechanics so how can it be fixed improved so its not broken.A card is broken if
A there are no counters to it
B it has a mechanic that bypasses all else
C the card actually isn't working right due to bugged data
D you know the card shouldn't exist in the game since it was cut from a test realm unless it was brought back
What people shouldnt be doing are
A hoping on forums after they loose cause their mad
B complaining and putting others down cause of reason A
C calling people noobs for winning
D saying things are broken when their not
E starting much uneeded drama
F being nasty to others
G Asking for spells to get changed cause you lost to it
H complaining about gear without knowing what they trade off for it (jade gear naturally makes people rage)
I Ganging up on people cause they spam/don't spam
honestly its a game apply yourself improve at it have fun.

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on Feb 14, 2013 wrote:
(Oh my, I'm falling on the floor laughing ..... wait .... I need to get back in my chair ..... okay I'm ready)

Really? Hate to tell ya this, but Balance does not have an easy time in PvP. If we use regular Balance blades, we can't wand off towers without wasting those two very low percentage blades, and the same goes for weakness, unless Balance carries cleanse charm, pierce or shatter, which is what everyone else has the opportunity to use, as well.

Judgement is an "x" spell, so is Heckhound (for more damage per pip) and Tempest (for more damage per pip). Should we look at those as well? The other schools can blade like crazy to get the most damage, whereas Balance can't for Judgement. Nerfing something just because someone can't figure out how to play is not fair to anyone, nor any school.

Any school can can critical and any school can be blocked. There's nothing special about Balance that would prevent a critical from going through more than any other school, unless that player's gear is not set up that way. Plus, just like any other school, if your gear is bad, you have just as much chance of a 'downfall' as any other.

EACH school is unique in it's own way. The best way to learn a school is to play it. Learn the ins and outs. What works and what doesn't. In PvP, there will be wins and losses. By losing a match, you LEARN what might be done next time to help you win.

I'm not sure where you get your stats about being "hardly any PvP groups these days", but I see lots and lots of groups in que. There are also many many 1v1 matches. If you're playing 1v1, then you must be even MORE prepared for battling any school. Have a strategy before going in. Not every circumstance will be covered, so there will be losses as well, but that is part of what PvP is ..... to be a better player .... to respect your wins and accept your losses. Learn from your mistakes and build upon the strategies that work.
I would have posted something here- but you've said everything I could think of. Ya, I don't want Judgement revoked just because of PvP.

Explorer
Feb 29, 2012
judgment is a spell that I use a lot if it is taken away from the game then you take away one of the main spells that all balance wizards use even out of pvp so they would not do that.

also the only cheating parts in the game are the bosses that cheat

balance does not cheat, we are different than other schools in many ways but so are the other schools

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
i am herobrine on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
that is true i have came across that kings isle should fix that somehow
They only thing that would make you people happy is if Kingsisle banned the balance school from pvp?