Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance cheats in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Balance i gotta admit rocks as a school and if you get to meet a balance person in pvp and you not balance lvl 28 and up you lose cause of judgement! i hate when that happens! if all balance lost judge spell i would have a chance up aagainst balance in pvp hope this can change kingisle choice on judge spell

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
Dude, we dont wont our Judgment spell revoked. there are ways to block the Judgment spell. And fyi,Balance does not cheat. you cant even cheat in this game anyway. If Judgment is a way to cheat, which it isnt, other spells would count as cheating to.

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 85 Balance~over and out

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
firehazard14 on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
Balance i gotta admit rocks as a school and if you get to meet a balance person in pvp and you not balance lvl 28 and up you lose cause of judgement! i hate when that happens! if all balance lost judge spell i would have a chance up aagainst balance in pvp hope this can change kingisle choice on judge spell
Why punish a school because you don't have a tower shield up? It's not the Balance wizard's fault you haven't figured out how to beat them.
All schools can be beaten; I've seen many, many battles of different schools.
Ice is not immortal.
Balance doesn't cheat since it's a school spell.
Learn how to PvP against them instead of automatically wanted the school nerfed.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
You can TC Tower shield, use regular tower shield, TC legion, and if you're an Ice, regular Legion. If you used these Judge wouldn't hurt.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
Not just that now some balances spam mana burn and that aura crush spell they'd slowly became overpowered

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
Sorry but i gotta disagree. There are ways to comeback "judgement" spell, just like every other spell there is. If you are having trouble beating balance in pvp, i suggest looking for pvp guides in Wizard101 fan sites such as duelist101. People need to learn they can't have everything handed to them. YOU need to be resourceful, not cause you can't beat something you think it has to have it changed?

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
dionwhite on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
Not just that now some balances spam mana burn and that aura crush spell they'd slowly became overpowered
No they have not. You can easily counter those spells and its not hard to. Learn to PVP guys.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
RavenLady777 on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
Why punish a school because you don't have a tower shield up? It's not the Balance wizard's fault you haven't figured out how to beat them.
All schools can be beaten; I've seen many, many battles of different schools.
Ice is not immortal.
Balance doesn't cheat since it's a school spell.
Learn how to PvP against them instead of automatically wanted the school nerfed.
I want to post on this thread, but why bother? You said all that needed to be said! Haha, I completely agree though. It's unbelievable how many people haven't trained tower shield, or how many people don't seem to know about it in the first place. With Ice, it's also pretty simple. Just grab a shatter treasure card, and a few pierce treasure cards and you will be all set against tower shield, and if you are myth the job is even easier. Really though, NONE of the schools cheat. Cheating can't happen, KI made these spells for the schools, why would they revoke it?

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
The trick for balance is to tower let them judge you then use a minion when they have no pips. Simple

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
kingsilse has a perfect game and i have a balance we are basic schools our blades and traps are not the best to beat a balance you need some defense i recomened having ice as a secondary tc and resist astral spells can also help. So do what you need to do to win i have a level 90 ice and i use tc just in case i run out of regular tower shields.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2012
The Dream Eater Pr... on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
Dude, we dont wont our Judgment spell revoked. there are ways to block the Judgment spell. And fyi,Balance does not cheat. you cant even cheat in this game anyway. If Judgment is a way to cheat, which it isnt, other spells would count as cheating to.

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 85 Balance~over and out
I agree Balance is awesome! Even though I am painfully beaten by many balance wizards they are still beatable.

Sophia Darkflame,

level 49 pyromancer

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
Sorry but I have to agree, Spell: Judgment spell needs to be looked at and toned downed.

Unless you have have multiple tower shields, there is no down time and no hold backs for taking damage and building up pips.

All it takes is One charm and One Trap or Two Traps to one shot a player or take him or her down to 25% health or lower in the first 3 to 5 rounds.

So basically you can have two "Judgment" spells and call it a day.

You can argue "learn to play" or "learn to shield" but there very few ways to counter this spell and they are not good counters to begin with.

Shielding can be stopped by a single wand spell, yet still build pips for damage.

Unless you have Spell: Conviction you can't avoid a lucky critical attack.

Unless you have Top End Game Gear for that current level area, you have no chance against higher level players. Even though there is a match up, Balance really has no down fall if their gear is bad.

On top of that unless you are an Ice wizard with number of shields, special pet breed pets for shielding, or train to get the shields, Judgement is over powered.

Since there are hardly any PvP groups these days, this spell makes 1v1 impossible and not worth to bother to PvP in this area and since there new people every day, you can rack up your rank easily and exploit this spell with little to no effort on your part.

So to those that say 1v1 is balance and this spell is not an issue, I laugh at you all.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Toxen Reignz on Feb 12, 2013 wrote:
Sorry but I have to agree, Spell: Judgment spell needs to be looked at and toned downed.

Unless you have have multiple tower shields, there is no down time and no hold backs for taking damage and building up pips.

All it takes is One charm and One Trap or Two Traps to one shot a player or take him or her down to 25% health or lower in the first 3 to 5 rounds.

You can argue "learn to play" or "learn to shield" but there very few ways to counter this spell and they are not good counters to begin with.

Shielding can be stopped by a single wand spell, yet still build pips for damage.

Unless you have Top End Game Gear for that current level area, you have no chance against higher level players. Even though there is a match up, Balance really has no down fall if their gear is bad.

On top of that unless you are an Ice wizard with number of shields, special pet breed pets for shielding, or train to get the shields, Judgement is over powered.

Since there are hardly any PvP groups these days, this spell makes 1v1 impossible and not worth to bother to PvP in this area and since there new people every day, you can rack up your rank easily and exploit this spell with little to no effort on your part.

So to those that say 1v1 is balance and this spell is not an issue, I laugh at you all.
(Oh my, I'm falling on the floor laughing ..... wait .... I need to get back in my chair ..... okay I'm ready)

Really? Hate to tell ya this, but Balance does not have an easy time in PvP. If we use regular Balance blades, we can't wand off towers without wasting those two very low percentage blades, and the same goes for weakness, unless Balance carries cleanse charm, pierce or shatter, which is what everyone else has the opportunity to use, as well.

Judgement is an "x" spell, so is Heckhound (for more damage per pip) and Tempest (for more damage per pip). Should we look at those as well? The other schools can blade like crazy to get the most damage, whereas Balance can't for Judgement. Nerfing something just because someone can't figure out how to play is not fair to anyone, nor any school.

Any school can can critical and any school can be blocked. There's nothing special about Balance that would prevent a critical from going through more than any other school, unless that player's gear is not set up that way. Plus, just like any other school, if your gear is bad, you have just as much chance of a 'downfall' as any other.

EACH school is unique in it's own way. The best way to learn a school is to play it. Learn the ins and outs. What works and what doesn't. In PvP, there will be wins and losses. By losing a match, you LEARN what might be done next time to help you win.

I'm not sure where you get your stats about being "hardly any PvP groups these days", but I see lots and lots of groups in que. There are also many many 1v1 matches. If you're playing 1v1, then you must be even MORE prepared for battling any school. Have a strategy before going in. Not every circumstance will be covered, so there will be losses as well, but that is part of what PvP is ..... to be a better player .... to respect your wins and accept your losses. Learn from your mistakes and build upon the strategies that work.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008

The Judgement spell ISN'T an issue. You have resist and shields to protect yourself. The real question is: are you even trying to use ways to protect yourself of are you just complaining?

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 85 Balance~ over and out

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
judgement, overpowered? are you people serious?

i have an idea... make a high-level balance wizard and learn how to pvp; if you don't tailor your strategy to suit your opponent, then you will fail. end of.

i second everything already said by quequeg, psicopata, and several others.

1) sometimes, the best offense is a good defense; learn to protect yourself.
2) gear with resistance and block is available to all schools; use it.
3) judgement leaves a wizard pip-less and defenseless, which is the easiest way to lose in pvp.

in my opinion, the most-overpowered spell is lord of winter, which takes pips AND dispels; judge, and even mana burn, has nothing on that. but that's another topic entirely... fact is, you aren't using the resources available to you, and that's no one's fault but your own.

-sergeant von
of the u.s.s. awesome.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2013

So KL will forget about the people who don't use judgement in pvp and use it on tough bosses, so then KL will delete Judgement? No, no no no, no no no no no. I will get my judgement spell soon, and KL didn't design judgement only for pvp. They designed it to get you through tough bosses. So, let me hear it, anyone who doesn't want judgement to be in W101, how would you feel if someone took away YOUR favorite spell? Idc if KL takes Judgement away from pvp, but from W101? I won't be able to defeat any boss if that happens! You can delete it from pvp for all I care, but W101? Noooo!
Iridian Willowdust Journeyman Sorcerer

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
i agree even harder when level 90 even they pick life wizard because i blame on the pet to overpower for a life wizard when get double resist and healing pet with: spirity,fairly,unicorn they lot of healing also guardian spirit but also hard attack death because since there critical call the time when find a glitch doesn't critical block even when your ice wizard but have high block over think over 120+% block to all school but not mine ice because it higher at least 200+% block more?

lower level wizard when vs higher level just beat the spammer so, use that for payback so, insult you so, that you are wreak because that reason why don't gift them so, they don't cheat pvp so, steal crown coin from good person so, get good item without doing for there self or they will mess with new world quest misson? BUT gift them once to leave you along or before do something stupid or report them

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Balance does not cheat, that is defamation towards balance wizards. If you see a balance wizard, that is not a automatic loss, Judgement? What? Few balance wizards judge and kill you. Kingsisle, don't remove balance judgement, ok thanks very much.

really?

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
Judgement is a really great spell and I want kingsisle to keep it but in pvp I used to fail so badly and I got new armor and I was winning every match but then I took on a balance and they had almost no resist but were over powering I think balance annoys me because of all the different things their able to use and it drives me crazy because I took 5 minutes to kill everyone else but when I got to that balance she was tough it took me an hour. Don't remove judge but I feel all you people who are mad at balance. We will all live and get used to it. I have see people overwhelmed when losing and offending the winning team. Pvp is for fun and competition it's not war. Everyone needs to calm down and have fun with it.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
all the school's can be beaten for you balance is hard to stom thay might be easy life can get storm myth gets life death get fire fire gets ice ice gets death (that is just enxample) hope this help

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
mcvey4 on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
Judgement is a really great spell and I want kingsisle to keep it but in pvp I used to fail so badly and I got new armor and I was winning every match but then I took on a balance and they had almost no resist but were over powering I think balance annoys me because of all the different things their able to use and it drives me crazy because I took 5 minutes to kill everyone else but when I got to that balance she was tough it took me an hour. Don't remove judge but I feel all you people who are mad at balance. We will all live and get used to it. I have see people overwhelmed when losing and offending the winning team. Pvp is for fun and competition it's not war. Everyone needs to calm down and have fun with it.
Finally! Someone with a positive outlook on Balance. We need more people like you, we really do

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
dude all schools have cards with a good advantage like that

fire: heckhound, ater attacks

balance: judgement, shields

death: attacks tht heal , and death minion

ice: after attacks, towershield,

storm: tempest

myth: earthquake, double attacks so u have 2 double shield 2 block a card like minotaur

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
warlordperfection on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
No they have not. You can easily counter those spells and its not hard to. Learn to PVP guys.
well m a lvl 50 balance warlord nd welllll actually alot of balances spam mana burn in like 2v2 or up usually i c it all the time lol

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Dude KI isnt gonna revoke that spell just cause you want them to they made it in beta. Just use shields and weaknesses! Its not that hard. Also there is tempest and heckhound but no one complains about them.......

Wolf Nightcaller balance 90 commander
Wolf Sunwalker fire 71 knight
Talon Spiritfinder life 81 knight