Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kid Friendly Realms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
How about like 10 realms where it can be menu chat ONLY that way kid can play freely and only people that are true friends with someone with menu chat can teleport in. this idea is perfect for kids playing with there parents or there best friends. Who's with me keeping this place enjoyable for the young kids and there parents.

Jacob Level 80 Myth

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
All of the realms are kid friendly now. Why would we want to limit them to only 10? That doesn't seem fair.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Spooks 99 on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
How about like 10 realms where it can be menu chat ONLY that way kid can play freely and only people that are true friends with someone with menu chat can teleport in. this idea is perfect for kids playing with there parents or there best friends. Who's with me keeping this place enjoyable for the young kids and there parents.

Jacob Level 80 Myth
No. Same reason as adult only realms will not work. Realms are servers. If there are over 25 million players, you could be lumping tens of millions of people into a few realms.
And FYI, this game is geared toward children.
And Parents will not only have menu chat and aren't necessarily going to be "true friends" since they own the account.
Sorry, it's not going to work.
the game IS a fun place for kids and parents and siblings...I see lots of them playing together.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
Spooks 99 on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:

Jacob Level 80 Myth
Only if anyone entering it was also put on menu chat upon entering. I'd enter. Even when my grandson wasn't on. If I didn't have friends in this game, I'd voluntarily put myself on menu chat only. I'm tired of the garbage. When I play the wizard I have on my grandson's account (menu chat only), it's a relief to get away from it.

This would be better than just turning your text or open chat off because then you'd be in a realm the bullies and potty mouths wouldn't want to be in. Though some are starting to use menu chat to bully but they're easily ignored. It would have to be about the 10 realms or so you propose so you could jump realms to get away from them or just to find a quieter realm if everything's lagging.