Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

luska charmbeak is impossibe!!!!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 15, 2014
Ok, so I need to defeat him to complete waterworks, but he is WAY too hard. First of all, at the beginning of each round, if I'm first, he will always give me low accuracy so I can't cast any spells. If I go last, he will cast a feint on me, and if I cast a spell on him, he casts an overpowered bone dragon even though he doesn't have enough pips, and already casts a feint on me every round. Meaning the bone dragon kills me. Plus, he has 21,000 health. As much as 4 level 110s. And waterworks is meant for level 60s. Seriously, this guy is WAAAY to hard. Plus, after you defeat him you have to defeat the even harder sylster glowstorm! But I'll complain about HIM next time.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
coolguydude102 on Jan 16, 2016 wrote:
Ok, so I need to defeat him to complete waterworks, but he is WAY too hard. First of all, at the beginning of each round, if I'm first, he will always give me low accuracy so I can't cast any spells. If I go last, he will cast a feint on me, and if I cast a spell on him, he casts an overpowered bone dragon even though he doesn't have enough pips, and already casts a feint on me every round. Meaning the bone dragon kills me. Plus, he has 21,000 health. As much as 4 level 110s. And waterworks is meant for level 60s. Seriously, this guy is WAAAY to hard. Plus, after you defeat him you have to defeat the even harder sylster glowstorm! But I'll complain about HIM next time.
He's meant to be defeated with a full team or solo if you're a higher level. And the feints and black mantle or 'inked' is his cheat. And the reason your getting hit with bone dragon is because you're doing a single hit, if you hit him with a hit all spell then you won't get hit.

And if you're still having difficulty I'd be willing to help with a max leveled life to complete the dungeon...

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
He does of all of this because you're not aware of his cheats. Who ever goes first gets inked which means that that person is the only one at that moment that can SINGLE attack or target attack luska.. The rest of the group gets feint put on them and they can only all attack luska like with me it would be forest lord. At a certain point when luska has been hit and a chunk of his Health is gone, the next person or next 2 people in the group will get inked as well. Ink is a low accuracy btw. The last person in the battle never gets ink. He bone dragons or power links when someone puts a trap or a dispel or a weakness or any single ward like spell is put on him. I soloed him and beat him so it's not as hard if you know the cheats. If I didn't explain his cheats as good look up luska charm beak and his profile will come up with all his info and do the same for the last boss because he and his minions cheat as well you really don't want to mess up on the last boss. Hope this helped

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
Luska is actually very easy to beat if you have a strategy, and it seems like you don't know the cheats very well. You should go first only if you have enough accuracy to not fizzle that much, and if you go last, you should only be using AoE's and blades. Don't use single target spells going last, that's why he was casting Bone Dragon on you. Also, his health isn't very high so I can't see why you're complaining about that. Prodigious wizards have to face creatures with much more health than Luska, meaning those bosses have over four times as much health as them.

Survivor
May 03, 2012
Yeah, those guys are something else. I would say just don't go it alone unless you're level 80+. Waterworks is most enjoyable as a team effort.

Survivor
May 18, 2010
Ok, here's his cheats (that I know of):
1. If you use a single target spell (example: Ice Beetle) he will Bone Dragon you. If you put a trap on him, he will Bone Dragon you. You have to use spells that would hit multiple enemies, like Frost Giant, or Fire Dragon, and use blades for extra damage.
2. If he has full health, he will cheat the inaccuracy spell on the first person every time they get rid of it. When below 66% health, he will use it on the first 2 people, and below 33% he will use it on all but the last person in battle, so make sure your strongest damage player is in the back.
Hope I helped

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
coolguydude102 on Jan 16, 2016 wrote:
Are you trying to solo Waterworks? I'm guessing you must be in the low 60s in level and soloing is probably not a good idea. Not saying it can't be done but it's certainly going to be a lot easier with a team. The trick with this guy is you can only attack him when you're marked unless you use an AoE spell.
Load up on accuracy boosts... Infallible, Extraordinary and the like... this will help you blow through the negative accuracy charms.
Try using the Team-up function and you'll have a better chance of getting a full team of four for the gauntlet. But be prepared... people will sometimes bail on you especially if they happen to get the drop they want in the first boss battle.
Bottom line is, he's not impossible, just difficult.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Hello,
I couldn't help but to notice your troubles. So instead of listing what he does, I will provide you a link. It goes over the cheats very concisely and should be easy to understand.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Luska_Charmbeak#axzz3tItaSd8s

I would suggest using it when you are fighting him, so you know how to set up and effectively defeat him.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
TucsonWizard on Jan 18, 2016 wrote:
Are you trying to solo Waterworks? I'm guessing you must be in the low 60s in level and soloing is probably not a good idea. Not saying it can't be done but it's certainly going to be a lot easier with a team. The trick with this guy is you can only attack him when you're marked unless you use an AoE spell.
Load up on accuracy boosts... Infallible, Extraordinary and the like... this will help you blow through the negative accuracy charms.
Try using the Team-up function and you'll have a better chance of getting a full team of four for the gauntlet. But be prepared... people will sometimes bail on you especially if they happen to get the drop they want in the first boss battle.
Bottom line is, he's not impossible, just difficult.
no, I haven't done waterworks alone. My friends I've done it with get defeated too. Thanks for the help.

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
Thanks everyone. But just how could anybody figure out luska's stradegies?

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
coolguydude102 on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
just look up luska charmbeak wiki on google and you should find a page or two that will give you a full list of his cheats. think long and hard about ways to avoid activating them and and how to lay on damage.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
coolguydude102 on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
Copyed and pasted from: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Luska_Charmbeak#axzz3zT0QrLjm
Cheats:
Luska will remove Traps that are placed on him.Pet spells will not trigger this cheat.Only the first Trap will be removed from spells that apply more than one Trap."Only attack if you have been inked!" - At the beginning of each Round, Luska will "Ink" the Wizard in the first spot (Sun spot), which applies a Smoke Mantle. All other Wizards will receive a Feint (this does not apply the +30% Trap on himself)."Still fighting? Have some more ink!" - When he loses 25% of his Health (15,862 Health remaining), he will also Ink the second Wizard (Eye spot) each Round.When he loses 50% of his Health (10,575 Health remaining), he will also Ink the third Wizard (Star spot)
each Round.He will never Ink the fourth Wizard (Moon spot)."If you can still see me, don't look at me!" - If a non-inked Wizard casts a single-target spell at Luska (e.g. attacks, Traps, negative Charms, he will interrupt to remove all Wards from himself and all Wizards, then cast either Skeletal Dragon (at the Wizard who cast the spell), dealing 1,200 death damage or Power Link (at the Wizard who cast the spell), dealing 2,100 damage and 600 for 3 rounds.Only Wizards who have been Inked can cast single-target spells at Luska without retaliation. He will still remove Traps from himself.Any Wizard can cast All Enemy spells without triggering this cheat.

I hope this helps you in your struggles against Waterworks.