Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Positive Thread

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
Hey everybody! With the arrival of the new Crit-system, there has been a lot of angry posts and stuff. I would like to have 1 thread that is positive. I know it sounds kinda cheesy, but I would just like to try it out. A few rules:

If you don't like this thread (and I know people won't) I totally get, but could you please refrain from telling me so? I am sorry it bugs you, but I know you are out there, and I already know what irks you, so I do not need to be told. Thank you.

For all 'y'all that do want to post on this, I hope this goes well!

Here is mine:

I am really glad that so many people can enjoy and play this game, and that the KI team works so hard to keep it going. I think we forget it at times. I am glad I could make so many friends, and I can help others. I am glad for all the wonderful worlds and good plot lines. :) They are just darn cool. And lastly I am glad that people of all ages can play and feel safe. That's all!

-Rebecca Ashhunter

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I'm very glad that the devs realized that the current crit system wasn't sustainable over the long term and changed it so that we won't be bored in later worlds. I would much rather readjust to a new system rather than let an old system turn into 'critical! - block!, critical! - block!, critical! - block!' and thus completely defeat the purpose.

Peace!

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
Polaris is just beautiful, and the story is quite interesting. I also like the references to history. One of my favorite worlds

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I'm glad you started a positive thread meant to encourage individuals to share what they find relevant and positive in their game playing experiences. I'm grateful for the many amazing players that helped me with my continuing journey in W101 and beyond; and being able to help other players in return.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
i am glad for all the people i have met threw wizard101 and i am thankful to be having a Christmas party on wizard101 your welcome to join at 4:00pm I will start a game of tag for say 15 mints make it public so your all welcome to join this is going be Colorado time my name on the game is Kyle lotuswielder just a few rules if you do plain on coming no trolling or you get kick no being mean and its all about being positive at the party

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Starblood653 on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
I'm very glad that the devs realized that the current crit system wasn't sustainable over the long term and changed it so that we won't be bored in later worlds. I would much rather readjust to a new system rather than let an old system turn into 'critical! - block!, critical! - block!, critical! - block!' and thus completely defeat the purpose.

Peace!
It sounds like you haven't tried it at max level, or don't understand it. The new system is less sustainable. But enough has been said about that mistake. On to the positive...

Polaris is beautiful and fun. Being able to turn off cards from items is a wonderful feature. The new pets and fish that have been added are cute and entertaining. The community team are doing a wonderful job -- KI live, more participation on fan sites, more prizes and gifts, and better feedback -- thank you Professor Greyrose, Dworgyn, and Julia! Wizard is still an awesome game for all ages, and still has the nicest player base of any game I've tried.

Here's wishing a blessed yule and happy new year to all around the spiral!

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
Honestly, with the new system, everything is much more balanced (for pve at least) and critical can actually make a difference, unlike the previous system.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
I enjoy Polaris a lot. Definitely in the right direction with a heavy story emphasis, not many defeat and collect and side quests and such. But with the critical system, it HAD to change. Constantly critting and blocking would be pointless, so I enjoy the added challenge of the fact that our crits go through more in exchange for them being blocked less, I also like the compensation of that critical heals heal more than double because they'll be happening less. I think what upsets people is that we don't block as much, but I can enjoy the added challenge. I'm also really happy that KI has made so many updates in a short period of time to fix all of the bugs. They must've worked really hard. I very much appreciate this positive thread.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
Thank you for all your positive posts, I really enjoyed reading them! I really appreciate the 12 days of the spiral right now! In one of the days, we won a permanent mount! :):):):)!!!!!!! I really appreciate my friends in the game, and I also really appreciate text chat so I can tell them Merry Christmas. Because you are not all my friends in the game, I will just tell you now: Happy Holidays ! Enjoy whatever holiday you celebrate!