Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unable to play Error 141

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 22, 2015
When I log onto Wizard101, the login window is replaced by a screen that titles Wizard101 Error. It is error code 141. It says to reset my proxy settings, but when I go into my proxy settings, there is no reset button in sight. I have looked up how to reset them, but there is no answer no matter how many times I put it into a search bar. The other instructions are all for Windows, and I own a Mac OSX. Can anybody help, it's the weekend and I really want to level up my Wizard

-Matthew Swiftflame, Lvl 26 Wizard

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Hi
Does anyone else have trouble logging in? I was on earlier this morning and had no trouble
and now I cannot get past the log in page?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I cannot login to the game. I played last night and everything was fine. Nothing changed on my computer overnight while it was off. I can, however, login and play Pirates 101. Looks like this is a Wizard issue. I emailed support, and received no confirmation. I would like to the play the game I have been playing for years.

By the way, my firewall and security settings are fine and haven't changed magically overnight either.

Any suggestions, Professor Greyrose?

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
I've been trying to login to the game, and it wouldn't let me. It shows me a Error 141 telling me that some files of wizard101 could not be downloaded, is this a bug? I'm pretty sure my firewall settings didn't magically change in a few hours. And Ive tried resetting my proxy, doesn't work. Help?

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
I've read countless forums, dug through countless bits of data buried within the bowels of the wizard101 files installed on my macbook, and i've uninstalled, reinstalled, and uninstalled the game countless times. (5). I've turned off my proxy servers, disabled my firewall, and deleted any app that could even be CONSIDERED antivirus, and contacted Wizard101, Kingsisle, and Microsoft support....to no avail. alas, i fear my time in the spiral may be coming to a bitter end....lest someone fix this olympians forsaken problem... and...i just upgraded my membership too...oh the humanity...

Survivor
Jun 07, 2013
Hello. I was wondering if there was a fix to error 141. I don't understand why this is happening. I was able to play just fine yesterday, but it is the next day, and when I tried to log on to play with my friend, it gave me this message:

Error 141
It appears that files needed by Wizard101 could not be downloaded.
Solution 141:
If you receive this error solution number on the Live Wizard101 game, or are unable to patch the game, then please reset your Proxy Settings.
If you continue to see this error, please contact support through email at support@wizard101.com We will need you to send a copy of your patch client logs.

To get this file just go to the directory where you installed the game, there should be a Patch Client folder. Inside should be BankA and BankB. Each of these folders should contain the file WizardLauncher.log.txt
Windows XP & Vista files are located at:
C:\Program Files\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\PatchClient\BankA\
C:\Program Files\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\PatchClient\BankB\

Windows 7 files are located at:
C:\ProgramData\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\PatchClient\BankA\
C:\ProgramData\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\PatchClient\BankB\

There was more but it wasn't useful. I couldn't find most of the files it named. I tried redownloading the game and everything! I hope this can be resolved. Thanks in advance KingsIsle!

Survivor
Oct 09, 2015
yeah me to, i have been stuck with this error 141 for two days now its really starting to bother me I've tried everything they have told me to do but nothing seems to work :( please help i emailed them and everything no response

Survivor
Oct 09, 2015
hi yes if anyone can see this side really appreciate it if someone could either give me advice or help me i have been stuck out of wizard101 for days now all because of an error called error 141 I've looked and read all have done everything in order to be able to log in again I've even contacted support multiple times and have gotten not single response i have been waiting patiently and i will continue to wait but i hope someone sees this and helps me i am a devoted player like the rest who love this game and being away from it this long is starting to upset me someone help me! please and thank you :) p.s. i am using mac software if you need to know

Survivor
Oct 09, 2015
please help me I've tried to contact support and haven't gotten any replays i know it takes time but i want to make sure you guys see my messages

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Can anyone from the staff of Wizard101 explain why for two day in a row that I get an error code and cannot
log in at all. This seems to happen in the afternoon and this is the second time. I was able to log in early in
the morning and very late in the evening. Please let me know.

Thank you

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
I'm a PC user and have been having this same error pop up when trying to log in for the last couple of days. Sometimes everything works fine. Other times I get nothing but the error 141 message. I'm really starting to get frustrated with the repetitive restarts, reboots, and retries. I sent a help request to KingsIsle and I am just retrying every few minutes or so. I hope they figure out what is going on and find out how to prevent this.

**Side note** I finished my quest for Waterworks on three of my accounts the other evening. After having problems with the error 141 code later on I finally got logged back on only to find out that my Waterworks quest for all three of my accounts showed not completed. This problem was added to my recent contact with KingsIsle.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
I'm having the same problems. I'm getting an error 141. I too am waiting for an answer.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
RavenLady777 on Dec 5, 2015 wrote:
I cannot login to the game. I played last night and everything was fine. Nothing changed on my computer overnight while it was off. I can, however, login and play Pirates 101. Looks like this is a Wizard issue. I emailed support, and received no confirmation. I would like to the play the game I have been playing for years.

By the way, my firewall and security settings are fine and haven't changed magically overnight either.

Any suggestions, Professor Greyrose?
So I was able to get in after playing Pirates. Tonight, the exact same thing happened. Support has not gotten back to me (I finally got a confirmation email), which is no surprise. What is the issue here? Can someone please look into this? This is annoying.

Administrator
Thank you for the reports, everyone. We are investigating the issue.

community@wizard101.com
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Happening again today. I logged out for five minutes, tried to log back in, and received the "error 141" message. Nothing changed on my computer. Is this something to which we can look forward every few days now?

Survivor
Jan 20, 2011
For the past two days I have been getting an error message 141. Was wondering what I can do to fix the problem.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2011
It seems like ever since the new world has come out everyone has been having problems with logging on and getting into the game.

Administrator
Hello,

For those experiencing an error 141, please follow the steps listed at the link below as a first step toward resolving the issue.

Players on PC
http://kingsisle.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/327

Players on Mac
http://kingsisle.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/328

If this does not resolve the issue, and you need additional assistance, please send an email to support@wizard101.com.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 26, 2015
I play Wizard101 on my macbook pro, and have been getting the error 141 for two days now. I initially got around the issue by accessing another wifi network, but now I can't even open the game. I've followed the above advice, and even after deleting a re-downloading the game, I can't even get the login menu to open. Any thoughts?

And I was just getting addicted to the game too...