Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Catch of the Day is Broken

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2010
I really enjoy the new Catch of the Day feature added to fishing. I've tried catching the Catch of the Day fish every day to increase my bonus. When the cuddlefish was the Catch of the Day fish I managed to catch several, but it never increased my gold bonus or counted towards the Catch of the Day fishing badge. I ignored this issue after it happened because it didn't seem like a big deal. However, today I just caught the frost dekoi Catch of the Day fish. (By the time the post is released it will probably no longer be the Catch of the Day fish.) When I caught it, it counted as the 8th fish I've caught for the badge, which isn't a glitch. However, instead of increasing my gold bonus to eight hundred gold it decreased it to two hundred. I would really like to have these glitches fixed so the time I set aside every day to catch a fish doesn't go in vain. I would also appreciate it if you could somehow restore my gold bonus and badge progress (and probably restore it for other wizards as well). Thank you for your time reading this post and I hope the glitches can be fixed soon.

~ Jacob NightHunter, Level 102 , Medal Catcher

Survivor
May 13, 2010
I just caught the Napoleguin Catch of the Day fish and got no credit for the badge or gold bonus. Is it possible to fix Catch of the Day soon? Thanks!

~Jacob NightHunter, Level 102 , Medal Catcher

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
leg0master on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
I really enjoy the new Catch of the Day feature added to fishing. I've tried catching the Catch of the Day fish every day to increase my bonus. When the cuddlefish was the Catch of the Day fish I managed to catch several, but it never increased my gold bonus or counted towards the Catch of the Day fishing badge. I ignored this issue after it happened because it didn't seem like a big deal. However, today I just caught the frost dekoi Catch of the Day fish. (By the time the post is released it will probably no longer be the Catch of the Day fish.) When I caught it, it counted as the 8th fish I've caught for the badge, which isn't a glitch. However, instead of increasing my gold bonus to eight hundred gold it decreased it to two hundred. I would really like to have these glitches fixed so the time I set aside every day to catch a fish doesn't go in vain. I would also appreciate it if you could somehow restore my gold bonus and badge progress (and probably restore it for other wizards as well). Thank you for your time reading this post and I hope the glitches can be fixed soon.

I've had this same issue. Twice now (on different days) I've caught the Catch of the Day fish and haven't been credited for it. On both occasions I logged out, logged back in and tried again and still no recognition. Like the OP mentioned... not only do you get stiffed out of the catch but your gold bonus gets reset as well. Not a huge deal in either case but still annoying and something that needs to be addressed by KI. I haven't gone to the trouble of filing a glitch ticket with KI yet but if it continues to happen I will. I know KI monitors these forums so hopefully they're already working on this.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
TucsonWizard on Dec 3, 2015 wrote:
I've had this same issue. Twice now (on different days) I've caught the Catch of the Day fish and haven't been credited for it. On both occasions I logged out, logged back in and tried again and still no recognition. Like the OP mentioned... not only do you get stiffed out of the catch but your gold bonus gets reset as well. Not a huge deal in either case but still annoying and something that needs to be addressed by KI. I haven't gone to the trouble of filing a glitch ticket with KI yet but if it continues to happen I will. I know KI monitors these forums so hopefully they're already working on this.
Try it now? They fixed catch of the day they said in last nights Upkeep downtime.

Survivor
May 13, 2010
Thanks for pointing out the bug fixes in the update notes! I haven't had the issue since December 3rd. Unfortunately they weren't able to restore the bonus and badge counts. At least my bonus won't go down 500 gold again!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Maycast on Dec 3, 2015 wrote:
Try it now? They fixed catch of the day they said in last nights Upkeep downtime.
My biggest problem is I forget to check my total before I catch the Catch of the Day. I tried again this AM... the Catch of the Day for today -AND- the Tournament fish for this week are both the Hammerhead Shark - (small fry version for the tournament). I caught one and the very first one I caught was a small fry. I got the message that the fish I'd caught was the tournament fish and that I could enter it in the tournament if I wanted... but I got no message to indicate I'd caught the Catch of the Day. Like I said though, I didn't check my Catch of the Day total on the badge page prior to catching the fish so I don't know if it registered. I'm sure this will all get worked out in the long run but it is a bit frustrating.

Survivor
May 13, 2010
I just caught the Catch of the Day fish today (Pacal Doodlefish). I missed the last two days because I was busy, but when I caught the Pacal Doodlefish today my bonus total was set back to 100 gold. I don't know if this bonus reset is a glitch, or if it's supposed to reset if you don't catch the fish every day in a row. Could someone please let me know if they know if this is a glitch or not? Thanks!