Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Long, boring, spell animations - the fix

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
First, Kudos to the animation department for addressing this with Malistair's skeletal dragon. When he breathes, he hits everyone at the same time. No long, tedious animation where he takes a breath, hits one person, then repeats till he hits everyone. It's intense and quick, and powerful. Good job.

Now, how about revising all the rest of the AOE spells so that instead of running in a cycle, they hit all enemies at the same time.

RA could walk out, plant his staff, and several rays of light shoot out all at once.

Cthulhu could come up out of the water, his tentacles shoot out over all four enemy spots with one tentacle pointing at his caster, zap all enemies, give all the health to his caster, and then go back down into the water.

Tempest could become a massive wave that washed over all the enemies at the same time, washing away those that lost the battle and leaving the survivors dripping wet.

Frost lord could just hit the ground, shattering the mountain tops he's above and all the rocks could flatten all the enemies.

And so on.

It would make a lot of the higher level battles a lot less boring and tedious, instead of exciting and fun.

Explorer
Aug 01, 2013
Yes, I agree with you call of the khrulhu take forever they need to change the animation for this spell make it a one hit shot or something with is long tentacles hope they fix the speed soon!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Anything, that effects all players, should hit at the same time. The examples you mention, things like Rebirth, Virulent Plague, Smokescreen, etc. They should revamp all the mass target spells, but not if it's going to delay new content of fixes to current issues. This would be easier to do with a 2nd, or 3rd person camera angel instead of a 1st person. if they pulled back and above the characters a little more, it would allow for hitting all enemies (with any spell), clarity of spell animation, AND help us see the damage better on enemies. This is becoming a popular topic as it keeps getting brought up every few months

Explorer
Sep 15, 2012
Since they went through the time to make these animations how about the shortened version is used for regular hits and the long version is used during critical attacks. That way all that time spent on animations isn't completely wasted. Since the critical system has been greatly reduced this would be a great trade off.

Survivor
May 22, 2010
ZombBone on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:
Since they went through the time to make these animations how about the shortened version is used for regular hits and the long version is used during critical attacks. That way all that time spent on animations isn't completely wasted. Since the critical system has been greatly reduced this would be a great trade off.
That's a great idea ZombBone. I also agree that some of the Multi Attacks should have their animations shortened. Especially for the people that are in a rush to get off or for the players that.. honestly doesn't want to see the long animation over and over again.

Travis Mooncloud
Level 110 Pyromaniac

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
I'm sure we can all agree that Frost Giant is one of the longest and most tedious spells to cast, but then again, the Ice school virtue is patience right?

-Jessica Swiftgem, Prodigious Thaumaturge

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
ZombBone on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:
ZombBone sums this issue up well. Unfortunately, common sense and logic aren't the norm in Wizard 101, or life in general.

First, most agree, the animation is amazing and incredible, all all players should get to experience them once in their lives.

However, after noticeably long and longer animation, successive times after the first observation, dramatically decrease appreciation and enjoyment levels. So, why not simply make available a shorter version of the animation that affects all players one time; once they've seen the long, and longer animations. Its a win-win, to acknowledge all the hard work of your creative animators, but also shows a company that listen to their many customers requesting and demanding shorter animation.

Here's to KI continuing to create awesome games, and amazing animations that run within pre-set time limits that players can appreciate more and most; or something better!

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
There needs to be a fast-forward button during combat.

Survivor
May 22, 2010
Tylerwildpants on Nov 29, 2015 wrote:
ZombBone sums this issue up well. Unfortunately, common sense and logic aren't the norm in Wizard 101, or life in general.

First, most agree, the animation is amazing and incredible, all all players should get to experience them once in their lives.

However, after noticeably long and longer animation, successive times after the first observation, dramatically decrease appreciation and enjoyment levels. So, why not simply make available a shorter version of the animation that affects all players one time; once they've seen the long, and longer animations. Its a win-win, to acknowledge all the hard work of your creative animators, but also shows a company that listen to their many customers requesting and demanding shorter animation.

Here's to KI continuing to create awesome games, and amazing animations that run within pre-set time limits that players can appreciate more and most; or something better!
After some thinking, KI could possibly make a toggle in our settings for shorter animations? Or maybe that would affect combat... But then again P101 has a speed up combat options in settings. No clue, just an idea.

Travis Mooncloud
Level 110 Pyromaniac

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I just assumed the long animations were there so that people who are lagging badly don't miss out so much. Before I paid for faster internet speed I would lag, my connection usually stabilized just in time for me to get my turn in during the countdown. Without all of the extra time the animations take up I am sure I would have missed several turns.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
I noticed many of you are mentioning things to speed up the process such as a toggle in the settings or a speed up button. That would be great if w101 wasn't an mmo. With multiple people it just can't work that way. But those are definitely starts to ideas!

-Jessica Swiftgem, Prodigious Thaumatruge

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
RUNE12827 on Nov 30, 2015 wrote:
After some thinking, KI could possibly make a toggle in our settings for shorter animations? Or maybe that would affect combat... But then again P101 has a speed up combat options in settings. No clue, just an idea.

Travis Mooncloud
Level 110 Pyromaniac
Ooh, can I make Rune12827 in charge of this! Please, please, please...

...speeding up combat options; could you imagine the enjoyment, the bliss, joy, pleasure the many players of W101 would experience. Now imagine all of this happening as a wonderful Christmas present to wizards all over the globe.

Wow, I'm logging off to go and write Santa now as my Christmas Wish, right up there on my list with asking for world peace! Come on KI, how about bringing this simple wish to all the wizards in W101 too