Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Remove quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2013
I think there should be a feature where you can remove quests from your quest book if they aren't part of the main quest. My friend and I, a long time ago, didn't know what the main quest was and we would grab every quest we could find. There are so many in our questbook, he can barely tell which one is the main quest! I think this would be a cool feature.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
That feature already exists. As soon as you complete a quest, it is removed from your quest log.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Good news!

This is totally possible in the game. Just do the quests.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2013
I mean like a delete button. Not doing them. It takes a while if you have enough of them, sadly.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
KI has said many times that this feature will not be added. If you don't want to do the quests, don't accept them. Storyline quests cannot be declined, only side quests can so you can tell the difference.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
If clicking through the side quests takes too long for you then you could save some time in the long run by actually completing the quests! (like most everyone else has said)When you stop and think about it... there's absolutely NO reason not too. It's a win-win. You get XP and gold and maybe a decent piece of gear or housing item, maybe even a pet or a badge - and - that page is removed from your quest log!
Bada-bing, bada-boom, easy peasy quick and easy.
Plus, you get the satisfaction of knowing you completed something you started!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Carloss12321 on Nov 6, 2015 wrote:
I mean like a delete button. Not doing them. It takes a while if you have enough of them, sadly.
True.

The main story eventually comes to an end. What are you planning to do when you reach the end?

Survivor
Mar 24, 2012
What I did was spent an hour going online, looking through the storyline quests and seeing if I had any of them in my quest log.

Because I did this, I saved many long hours of quests (especially since later on I did all of them and it took a Long, Long Time).

Then to prevent this from happening again, I kept a notebook of the Quest I was on before I got off.

Explorer
Aug 13, 2013
TucsonWizard on Nov 6, 2015 wrote:
If clicking through the side quests takes too long for you then you could save some time in the long run by actually completing the quests! (like most everyone else has said)When you stop and think about it... there's absolutely NO reason not too. It's a win-win. You get XP and gold and maybe a decent piece of gear or housing item, maybe even a pet or a badge - and - that page is removed from your quest log!
Bada-bing, bada-boom, easy peasy quick and easy.
Plus, you get the satisfaction of knowing you completed something you started!
yeah uh, my mind doesn't register that, i don't get satisfaction unless it's something super important like when i almost gave up on highschool and flunked out and got my stuff together and finished 2 weeks early, not from completing a quest lol

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
Carloss12321 on Oct 20, 2015 wrote:
I think there should be a feature where you can remove quests from your quest book if they aren't part of the main quest. My friend and I, a long time ago, didn't know what the main quest was and we would grab every quest we could find. There are so many in our questbook, he can barely tell which one is the main quest! I think this would be a cool feature.
Or they could just note the main quest.But it doesn't matter if you have quests that you don't do.they're just sitting there so it doesn't really matter.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
shadowstreem on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:
yeah uh, my mind doesn't register that, i don't get satisfaction unless it's something super important like when i almost gave up on highschool and flunked out and got my stuff together and finished 2 weeks early, not from completing a quest lol
That's unfortunate. I agree that finishing high school is on a completely different level than playing a game and kudos for making a life-changing decision for the good - but - we are talking about the game here. And even in a game, taking on a challenge is what it's all about. Don't you get even a slight bit of satisfaction when you complete a quest? If not then maybe gaming is not for you because that's what this game is... a series of challenges for the purpose of advancing to the next series of challenges.
The "nah, I know I told myself I was gonna do that but now I changed my mind" attitude won't get anyone very far whether it's in life or in the game. The whole issue here is that someone thinks it's too much effort to click through a few pages of side quests in their quest log. Frankly, the time it took them to post the original suggestion would probably have been enough time to complete one of those quests.

Community Leader
Most of the time, I don't do sidequests. However, when I'm questing a new character, I mash the spacebar to skip dialogue. Since spacebar also hits the Accept button, this adds sidequests to my quest log.

The issue at hand here is not deleting quests, but accidentally accepting unwanted sidequests.

Here's some ideas:
  • If the quest is a sidequest, have the spacebar click the Decline button instead of the Accept button.
  • Add a new option called Ignore Sidequests to Advanced Options. When toggled, the game will only let you take main quests. Once you accept a main quest, the NPC's list of sidequests will not show up.

For the Ignore Sidequests option, it might be smart to auto-accept sidequests that give Training Points and new spells. (ie: Zeke quests, Sharpened Blade quest, etc.)

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
man0fbass on Nov 9, 2015 wrote:
Most of the time, I don't do sidequests. However, when I'm questing a new character, I mash the spacebar to skip dialogue. Since spacebar also hits the Accept button, this adds sidequests to my quest log.

The issue at hand here is not deleting quests, but accidentally accepting unwanted sidequests.

Here's some ideas:
  • If the quest is a sidequest, have the spacebar click the Decline button instead of the Accept button.
  • Add a new option called Ignore Sidequests to Advanced Options. When toggled, the game will only let you take main quests. Once you accept a main quest, the NPC's list of sidequests will not show up.

For the Ignore Sidequests option, it might be smart to auto-accept sidequests that give Training Points and new spells. (ie: Zeke quests, Sharpened Blade quest, etc.)
This is solved with no changes to the game at all by you paying attention to what you agree to. It's not a problem with the game that needs fixing. It's a problem with players not paying attention. Your "solution" would cause more problems while fixing none. All it would do is create even more players wondering why they didn't get spell X or can't access certain area and why they don't see any special events. The solution to this imaginary problem is sitting in your chair, not at a programmer's desk at KI.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
seethe42 on Nov 9, 2015 wrote:
This is solved with no changes to the game at all by you paying attention to what you agree to. It's not a problem with the game that needs fixing. It's a problem with players not paying attention. Your "solution" would cause more problems while fixing none. All it would do is create even more players wondering why they didn't get spell X or can't access certain area and why they don't see any special events. The solution to this imaginary problem is sitting in your chair, not at a programmer's desk at KI.
Well played Seethe.... well played.
The solution to this "problem" can be offered in just two words...

PAY ATTENTION

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
I understand the ethos of just dont take the quest on if you dont want to do it. In my experience I might take some side quests on with the intention of doing them later on, perhaps for a time when I will have spells to make them easier. What then happens is I will quest on and very often dont complete these side quests xd. I have many wizards all completed KH ready for Polaris with many side quests still not completed. Ok fair enough I could go back and finish them, but I know that is very unlikely to happen now. I would like to remove them now or perhaps even have an option to hide them in my book. It is unlikely that KI will ever change the system, but it would be nice to remove quests once you have quested 2 or more worlds more than the quest should of been completed in.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
The only problem with doing side quests (and side worlds Grizzleheim, Wintertusk and Wisteria), is the experience you receive boosts your wizards past the point of levels for special event drops from end bosses.
I had to skip on the attempt to get the bunny mounts from bosses because my wizards were ALL not able to get the boss the level required. If I had known this, I would have skipped a lot of side quests, and hiding them or greying them out in quest log would help.
Main line quest cannot be hidden or greyed out, but side quests can, would be helpful.