Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Cards in PVP Duels

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
I am unable to use my treasure cards, they will appear in my deck, but even when I have sufficient pips, they will not light up and let me use them. Are they not allowed in duels? Can someone help me?

Explorer
May 25, 2013
Before you put the treasure cards in your deck, do they have a no PVP sign? (two swords crossed out with a red circle-thing in the bottom-middle) That usually means it is too powerful or easy to exploit that KI has decided to ban it. If it isn't, were you having connection problems? That might be the explanation. If your connection was fine and you had enough pips, maybe it requires a shadow pip. You can tell if a card needs a shadow pip if next to the pip requirement there is a number 1 or 0 with a black ectoplasm reagent behind the number. If all else fails, try customer support.

Administrator
baileechristine on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
I am unable to use my treasure cards, they will appear in my deck, but even when I have sufficient pips, they will not light up and let me use them. Are they not allowed in duels? Can someone help me?
It would be helpful to have more information about your situation.

What level and school are you? What type of PVP match are you participating in: Practice, Ranked, Tournament? What treasure card are you trying to use? How many pips do you have when you try to use it (regular or power pips)? Are you wearing a mastery amulet of any type? And, as mentioned above, does it have the NO PVP symbol on it?

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
I'm level 36 death, It won't let me use them in ranked or tournament. It won't let me use any treasure cards apart from shields, I've tried Medusa, Wolly Mammoth, Efreet, Storm Owl. I usually have 5 regular and 3 power. Some require 8 pips and even though I have 10. they don't light up. They do not have the No PVP sign on them

Explorer
May 25, 2013
Bailee power pips are school specific, you can only cast spells above rank 7 on your school unless you have a mastery amulet. Since you are not myth, storm,ice, or fire you may not use the power pips toward those spells.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
baileechristine on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
I'm level 36 death, It won't let me use them in ranked or tournament. It won't let me use any treasure cards apart from shields, I've tried Medusa, Wolly Mammoth, Efreet, Storm Owl. I usually have 5 regular and 3 power. Some require 8 pips and even though I have 10. they don't light up. They do not have the No PVP sign on them
Power Pips only count as two for your own school and any school you have a Mastery Amulet for.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
Really? I was unaware of this, thank you. What is a mastery amulet? I've never heard of that before.