Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

battle bugs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2015
There are times when I am battling, the option to pick a spell gets stuck and I can't choose one. Sometimes I find this to be extreme lag because later the enemies have attacked already and I am stuck to choose again, but I can't

Also when I choose a spell it still makes me wait, even if everyone has chosen a spell.

Does anyone else have these problems?

Administrator
Hello,

If you are experiencing lag (or slow service) within game play or it sometimes freezes up, it is important to first check a couple of things that could cause choppy game play:

1) Make sure any un-needed background applications are not running. Having multiple applications running at once can use up bandwidth, and process usage on your computer.

Maybe you need a comptuer clean-up (i.e. run a system defrag, delete some old programs &/or files, etc.)

2) Another thing to check on is your Internet connection. Slower speeds will result in choppier game play.

3) Verify that your graphics cards are in line with the system requirements.

4) Turn off your Quest Helper. You can do this through the options menu.

5) Adjust your Game options to help ease the work of your Graphics card:
- Modify the resolution to a smaller number (800 X 600 for example).
- Change the Graphics Detail setting to low
- Turn off Shadows
- Move the Particles slider to the left
- Set Texture Detail to Low
- Set “Overhead Name” to Others
- Turn the Full Screen option to On.

6) Play in realms with fewer people in them. You can do this by going to the Options page and selecting the Realms tab to change to a less crowded realm (this only works if there are a lot of people around where you are).
If you are still having issues after checking all of these things, please submit a support ticket, which can be done through an email to support@wizard101.com.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 21, 2015
Wow thank you Professor Greyrose! I will try this next time.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Aug 24, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

If you are experiencing lag (or slow service) within game play or it sometimes freezes up, it is important to first check a couple of things that could cause choppy game play:

1) Make sure any un-needed background applications are not running. Having multiple applications running at once can use up bandwidth, and process usage on your computer.

Maybe you need a comptuer clean-up (i.e. run a system defrag, delete some old programs &/or files, etc.)

2) Another thing to check on is your Internet connection. Slower speeds will result in choppier game play.

3) Verify that your graphics cards are in line with the system requirements.

4) Turn off your Quest Helper. You can do this through the options menu.

5) Adjust your Game options to help ease the work of your Graphics card:
- Modify the resolution to a smaller number (800 X 600 for example).
- Change the Graphics Detail setting to low
- Turn off Shadows
- Move the Particles slider to the left
- Set Texture Detail to Low
- Set “Overhead Name” to Others
- Turn the Full Screen option to On.

6) Play in realms with fewer people in them. You can do this by going to the Options page and selecting the Realms tab to change to a less crowded realm (this only works if there are a lot of people around where you are).
If you are still having issues after checking all of these things, please submit a support ticket, which can be done through an email to support@wizard101.com.
These are excellent tips/suggestions, however, before messing with your settings, just try switching realms first (as mentioned). Most of the lag I experience is just an overcrowded realm. I have very little lag, by the way, which is awesome!