Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Incorrect Username or Password" after a while

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
I've noticed that when I've been on for longer periods of time, my game does something weird. I can be inside of zones perfectly fine with normal connection, but then when I walk through a door to a new area, it will start loading then say "Connection Lost." I will proceed to click OK and then it will tell me that I have a "Invalid Username or Password." The first time it happened I was really worried, but was able to log back in without a problem. I've put up with it for a while, but I just barely waited with my friends for an hour and a half to get a match in PvP, only to have it happen as soon as the match started and we ported to the arena. It let me stand in the middle where the battle was once I logged back on, but was unable to join it. This was very disappointing. I am wondering if anyone else is experience this and whether this is intentional or not, and if not: is Kingsisle is aware of it and going to fix it in future updates?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Lots of people experience it, and it has been posted about numerous times.

Defender
May 06, 2011
The Soloing Myth on Jun 28, 2015 wrote:
I've noticed that when I've been on for longer periods of time, my game does something weird. I can be inside of zones perfectly fine with normal connection, but then when I walk through a door to a new area, it will start loading then say "Connection Lost." I will proceed to click OK and then it will tell me that I have a "Invalid Username or Password." The first time it happened I was really worried, but was able to log back in without a problem. I've put up with it for a while, but I just barely waited with my friends for an hour and a half to get a match in PvP, only to have it happen as soon as the match started and we ported to the arena. It let me stand in the middle where the battle was once I logged back on, but was unable to join it. This was very disappointing. I am wondering if anyone else is experience this and whether this is intentional or not, and if not: is Kingsisle is aware of it and going to fix it in future updates?
I have experienced this a long time ago, and I kind of recall Lydia saying it was because too many people were logging into the game at that moment or something. Mine stopped doing this, though.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
Intrepidatius on Jun 28, 2015 wrote:
Lots of people experience it, and it has been posted about numerous times.
Can you provide any links to these posts? I searched for some before I posted myself, but I only found 2. One was from 2009, the other from 2010. Neither post had any replies.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I've only experienced it if my account has been logged on for 12+ hours. It should be officially stated that it will happen, but I'm not sure it's a bug. It could absolutely be international.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
The Soloing Myth on Jun 30, 2015 wrote:
Can you provide any links to these posts? I searched for some before I posted myself, but I only found 2. One was from 2009, the other from 2010. Neither post had any replies.
I'm sorry, I don't remember the names of the posts.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
if you are logged in for more than 12 hours, the game will automatically boot you... which is a good thing, since it means that you're obviously spending way too much time sitting in front of the computer and should probably go eat, shower, read a nice book, socialize with real people, etc.

-von

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
I saw this happen when I was in the bazaar and bought a lion mount from the crowns shop and when I went out to try the mount, it happened.