Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Error 141

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2014
So yesterday my game client was working fine and all of the sudden today it says when I try to log into my account that files needed by wizard 101 could not be downloaded

I tried redownloading the game, uninstalling and trying completely over again but none of these alternatives seem to work.

Survivor
May 31, 2014
Survivor
May 27, 2015
Survivor
Feb 09, 2014
other than the recommended "contact us" i don't know. iv tried everything but re-write the data files.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
Whenever the game is loading on the application right after i have logged in, it says that files needed by wizard101 could not be downloaded. I do not know how to counter this problem, for anyone who does, please help. I am using a Mac computer.- Adrian Hawktalon

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
I have the same problem . How is this problem fixed? For anyone who knows i use mac

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
I did the exact same thing. It seems that everyone is having the same problems. Maybe it is a problem that only mac computers have? If you use mac this might be that case. I also use mac

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
I'm getting same error141. I deleted game and reloaded and same thing happened. What's going on wizard101 tech?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
Administrator
We are investigating the cause of this issue. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
I posted this question on customer support guys, so I am waiting for an answer that will hopefully by returned ASAP. I will then give you guys the solution if you do not have it yet, or if they have not corrected it inside the game.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
On my desktop (Windows 7) I had the same thing. Something about proxy settings. Since I'm afraid I'd brick my computer (because I barely know what a proxy is), I uninstalled and reinstalled W101, which took about five and a half forevers. But it's working now. My wife's laptop (Windows 8) had no issues.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2015
i got it to but i tryed loging on it did work for some reason so mabie its just a glitch or i'm just lucky i don't know

Administrator
Hello,

This issue should be cleared up for the majority now. If you're still experiencing troubles logging in, please send an email to support@wizard101.com for assistance.

Sorry for the extended downtime and inconvenience that many of you experienced.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Aug 12, 2012
I had the same error but then I tried again a while later and it worked. Like Professor Greyrose said, it should be fixed for you. If it isn't, then try removing w101, restarting your computer, then downloading it again.