Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better Ideas for Pet Leveling

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I'm not saying lets scrap pet pavilion, but here are some other ways I wish we could level pets:

1. Your equiped pet gets a tiny bit of XP every battle they are in. Over the course of several hours it adds-up to a reasonable amount. (I think this idea the most).

2. If you feed a pet to another pet it absorbs 50% of its XP. Ya, I know... this sounds pretty psycho. It might cause trauma for the little kids. It is a good idea though isn't it?

The nice thing about this idea is all your failed pets aren't a complete waste of time.

3. More interesting, jazzed-up pet pavilion games. How about some games with greater challenges and rewards? - some rewards could be bonus pet snacks and other good stuff. (ex: getting 100 points in the maze game, or a bonus round in the dance game). Make the mini games seem more worth playing. (or more fun?)

The nice thing about this idea is your hours playing a mini game don't seem as wasted when your pet fails. If the mini games occasionally gives us something to lure us into trying again without being so frustrated because we are walking away with nothing.

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
RottenHeart on Feb 21, 2015 wrote:
I'm not saying lets scrap pet pavilion, but here are some other ways I wish we could level pets:

1. Your equiped pet gets a tiny bit of XP every battle they are in. Over the course of several hours it adds-up to a reasonable amount. (I think this idea the most).

2. If you feed a pet to another pet it absorbs 50% of its XP. Ya, I know... this sounds pretty psycho. It might cause trauma for the little kids. It is a good idea though isn't it?

The nice thing about this idea is all your failed pets aren't a complete waste of time.

3. More interesting, jazzed-up pet pavilion games. How about some games with greater challenges and rewards? - some rewards could be bonus pet snacks and other good stuff. (ex: getting 100 points in the maze game, or a bonus round in the dance game). Make the mini games seem more worth playing. (or more fun?)

The nice thing about this idea is your hours playing a mini game don't seem as wasted when your pet fails. If the mini games occasionally gives us something to lure us into trying again without being so frustrated because we are walking away with nothing.
i like idea 1 and 3 but maybe instead of feeding pet to another pet(sounds like pet is a monster) maybe absorb it's exp and make it possibly have the pets talents for coins(i was thinking maybe 100-1,000 coins at least)

Alexandra Pearlblossom Level 72

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Here's another post of a player who wants to improve the pet leveling system. I like your suggestions. They bring new opportunities for players to level their pets; without causing massive distress to the untold masses of players who've spent time and money training their pets up to mega level. I'm a big fan of improving the pet leveling system; and your suggestion include new games and auto generating experience allow this.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2015
I like the idea of extra rewards for doing extraordinarily well in the mini games ( like 100+ points in the maze game or finishing Way of the Ninja Pig with 1 minute or more time left, etc.).

I would like this because it would encourage people to try harder and do better than just good enough to get all the XP. I think it would make the games more fun, and right now I feel like the pet training gets a little boring and repetitive and I want incentive to try and get the absolute highest score I can.

I also like the idea of pets gaining experience through battles, because it would join pet training more smoothly with the rest of the game, and leveling up a pet would not be so tedious.