Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dark Orange Spell Cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2012
Hello Spiral, Ok I am having a problem trying to figure these cards out. I know of regular spell cards which are like a light tan. Then they're the item cards which is blue. Next we have the treasure cards and they are gold. Which brings me to these cards. I have asked other wizards who cast these cards, it seems at will. When asked, I get no response or something to the effect of its part of my gear. I research it and find nothing about it. Its kind of like some don't want you to know. I would like this to help my wizard to become stronger. If anyone can let me know what I am seeing, it would be greatly appreciated.

Valerian Soulcrafter 98
Victoria Soulcrafter 53
Valdus Soulcrafter 01

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I think you are seeing Sun school spell Enchantments. You can learn some from the Sun school trainer in Celestia once you are level 50.

David ThunderMancer 56

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
That may be an enchanted spell. Higher level wizards can train Sun school enchantments that make attacks, buffs, and heals stronger. Those change the background color. You'll notice the spell stats are higher than normal too.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Dark orange means they have been enchanted with a LEARNED sun spell such as colossal, potent trap, or sharpened blade. The ones enchanted with treasure card version of these spells will look like a regular treasure card.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Shining Sorcerer on Feb 1, 2015 wrote:
Hello Spiral, Ok I am having a problem trying to figure these cards out. I know of regular spell cards which are like a light tan. Then they're the item cards which is blue. Next we have the treasure cards and they are gold. Which brings me to these cards. I have asked other wizards who cast these cards, it seems at will. When asked, I get no response or something to the effect of its part of my gear. I research it and find nothing about it. Its kind of like some don't want you to know. I would like this to help my wizard to become stronger. If anyone can let me know what I am seeing, it would be greatly appreciated.

Valerian Soulcrafter 98
Victoria Soulcrafter 53
Valdus Soulcrafter 01
i haven't seen any cards that are dark orange. Maybe the color on my monitor is different than on yours. How about giving some more details such as what the spell names are or other information about the cards instead of just their color.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010

Valerian Soulcrafter 98
Victoria Soulcrafter 53
Valdus Soulcrafter 01
It means they either regular enchanted a spell (by knowing a sun school spell) or item enchanted (enchanted a spell using an enchantment spell from a piece of gear or pet)

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
It may just be an enchantment from an astral school in celestia, giving it an extra boost to damage or accuracy.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2013
Are you talking about the Colossal and Gargantuan 0 pip spells, from the star school? They add power to regular spells, but much higher, and they do change the background colors of your spell cards. They work the same as the strong and Giant cards of the Myth school.
Hope this is what you're asking about

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011

Valerian Soulcrafter 98
Victoria Soulcrafter 53
Valdus Soulcrafter 01
Each school's cards have different colours: Balance has light tan; Myth has yellow; Death has black; Life has green; Ice has light blue; Fire has red; Storm has bluish purple; Moon has very light blue; Sun has dark orange/dark gold (which should answer your question); Star has light tan or something, similar to Balance but closer to white; and finally, Shadow has bluish gray.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

Valerian Soulcrafter 98
Victoria Soulcrafter 53
Valdus Soulcrafter 01
is this what you are referring to?

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/images/2/22/%28Spell%29_Judgement_%28Colossal%29.png

if so, these are spells that have been enchanted with sun school spells; these are enhancements that boost your existing spells by adding damage and/or accuracy bonuses.

more here: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Sun_School_Spells#

(if you are level 98 and do not have these, then you should buy your points back)

-von

Laura Shadowsong 100
Valerian Deathwhisper 100
Sestiva Stormblade 100
Tavia Summershield 73
Patrick Dreamstalker 52
Tara Winterbloom 52
Angela Nightflame 34

Survivor
Feb 10, 2012
Thank you for all the great advice. Now I am trying to figure out which one's do I apply to my blades.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2012
After a little more research, I found what I was looking for. To increase my blades and traps. Thanks for all the help Spiral.