Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire School Hat Damage lowers from Darkmoor Gear?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
A couple months ago, Kingsisle released the all-new exciting and challenging Darkmoor Dungeon. Returning for his final stand, Malistaire, has created a challenge for us in the spiral (which I can admit it is quite the challenge!). After defeating Malistaire, we have a chance of getting the new gear sets.

I am a Fire Wizard, and I was a bit delighted to get ALL of the darkmoor gear sets. However, after taking a look at this new gear, I've noticed some strange things about the hat, which is called 'Shrowd of Malistaire's Ire'.

The damage and Critical Rating are much lower than I thought....It is almost the same as Hades' Unseen Hat from tartarus. The Damage is at 14%, while the critical is at 165...

I've compared this hat with a life wizard, and the outcome was them having a much stronger hat than fire.

I've been playing this game for about 3 years now, and have noticed fire and storm are the strongest schools in the game. But, Storm has 6% more damage in their hat, and even the Life school has more damage in their hat as well.

I'm not sure if this was intentional, but the Life school has become somewhat stronger in damage and piercing than the Fire School. I'm sure people have wondered the same thing.

I ask you kindly to look into this and maybe consider a minor boost in damage and critical...........

Thanks!
John Bearshade, Level 100