Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tutorials

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
How about a new Tutorial, in the beginning of the game.
I've seen the current tutorial so many times, when I'm either helping my friend get started or watching walkthroughs/playthroughs on youtube.
I think a change would be great.
I've seen the Pirate101 tutorial changed quite a few times, and they're fun to play through and experience.
Why can't Wizard101 experience the same change?

I have an idea for the new tutorial is one was ever made~
Instead of being in Golem Court, you appear to be in a glowing screen with particles and dust floating around. The screen zooms out, and you're seen in a crystal globe, with the Headmaster and Gamma looking over you. You hear talking and suddenly you are teleported out and into the spiral room. (The one Gamma is in.) Ambrose and Gamma do the whole welcoming and the basic steps like walking. Suddenly, the room shakes and Malistaire appears. More talking, Ambrose and Malistaire are arguing. You know that Spiral shape in that room? You get sucked into it with Malistaire, and there you learn to battle. Ambrose tries to teleport you out of there, but it fails, so you have to defeat Malistaire's minions. Skip to the end of the battle, Malistare teleports out and then you get teleported out. That's when the Tutorial ends.

That's my idea, and I hope you share your ideas for a new tutorial. :D

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Vanessa Everhart on Dec 14, 2014 wrote:
How about a new Tutorial, in the beginning of the game.
I've seen the current tutorial so many times, when I'm either helping my friend get started or watching walkthroughs/playthroughs on youtube.
I think a change would be great.
I've seen the Pirate101 tutorial changed quite a few times, and they're fun to play through and experience.
Why can't Wizard101 experience the same change?

I have an idea for the new tutorial is one was ever made~
Instead of being in Golem Court, you appear to be in a glowing screen with particles and dust floating around. The screen zooms out, and you're seen in a crystal globe, with the Headmaster and Gamma looking over you. You hear talking and suddenly you are teleported out and into the spiral room. (The one Gamma is in.) Ambrose and Gamma do the whole welcoming and the basic steps like walking. Suddenly, the room shakes and Malistaire appears. More talking, Ambrose and Malistaire are arguing. You know that Spiral shape in that room? You get sucked into it with Malistaire, and there you learn to battle. Ambrose tries to teleport you out of there, but it fails, so you have to defeat Malistaire's minions. Skip to the end of the battle, Malistare teleports out and then you get teleported out. That's when the Tutorial ends.

That's my idea, and I hope you share your ideas for a new tutorial. :D
I personally don't think that tutorial should be changed.
But I do like the idea on how it should look like.