Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Day and Night....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
I think the game should add a day and night setting. That would be really cool! Like certain thing react to certain times!

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
John Mythshield on Nov 9, 2014 wrote:
I think the game should add a day and night setting. That would be really cool! Like certain thing react to certain times!
Cool ideal i like to add to it

maybe instead of just day and night they could make it where it rained at certain times or certain day even snowed and all the season and weather that be cool i think.

love you ideal dude

level 100 ice
level 32 storm

Survivor
Jul 22, 2010
I love this idea but make the day and night in real time so when you get on at night it is night in your game and so forth and so on

Signed,
Samuel Goldenthief

Survivor
Dec 05, 2010
It's a cool idea but it is just a game. We don't need it ending up like Minecraft. But a day and night is a very good idea!
Level 44 life.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Samuel Goldenthief on Nov 13, 2014 wrote:
I love this idea but make the day and night in real time so when you get on at night it is night in your game and so forth and so on

Signed,
Samuel Goldenthief
Big problem - Time Zones!

Defender
May 06, 2011
TucsonWizard on Nov 14, 2014 wrote:
Big problem - Time Zones!
Yep, time zones are the big problem. Maybe add an option to make the time around you night or morning that you can change at anytime so there's no time zone problems, no one on the other side of the world who has night time there and it's morning in Wizard101 for them.

Katherine Dragonblade, Level 91
Catherine Ghostrider, level 41

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
John Mythshield on Nov 9, 2014 wrote:
I am not sure how he feels about it now, but at one time, this was Zeke's reply:

"The worlds of the Spiral do not act the same way that Earth does - they do not rotate therefore their day/night is fixed."

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/ideas-i-would-like-to-see-in-the-game-48151

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The biggest issue of making day and night is redoing all the graphics for every area of the game.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
AluraMist2 on Nov 15, 2014 wrote:
I am not sure how he feels about it now, but at one time, this was Zeke's reply:

"The worlds of the Spiral do not act the same way that Earth does - they do not rotate therefore their day/night is fixed."

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/ideas-i-would-like-to-see-in-the-game-48151
Nice find Alura!

Assuming his sentiment is still the same then this renders the discussion moot.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
This sounds like a great cosmetic addition to the game. It would be interesting to see the worlds of the spiral "in a new light" so to speak.

Though the game designers might not be able to perfectly time the day and night to each individual time zone depending on where you are. If this feature was in the game each of the worlds would most likely have their own day and night timing. This way the day and night feature would be able to best work in the game.

Finally some worlds may not have a concept of day or night because of their theme or storyline. Like the worlds of Dragonspyre ,(underwater) Celestia ,and Azteca if you've made it "that far" in the storyline.

I hope this helps with your idea.

Sincerely yours Rusher2828.