Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can't buy a zone in member?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 24, 2010
I was excited about the aquila 50% off to pay for the zone with crowns. But the problem here is that there is no way to pay the zones as a member since when you enter the zones you don't get a screen. My membership is about to end soon (probably after this offer ends first). So is there a way to pay the zones while your a member?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
LukeAndEye on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
I was excited about the aquila 50% off to pay for the zone with crowns. But the problem here is that there is no way to pay the zones as a member since when you enter the zones you don't get a screen. My membership is about to end soon (probably after this offer ends first). So is there a way to pay the zones while your a member?
I guess the logistics of it would not allow you to rent the game and pay for parts of it but I wouldn't mind that set up because by now probably would of purchased the game a long the way and could stop renting it.

Maybe it's more profitable to have members subbing the game rather then purchasing it out right? Reduced area pricing doesn't seem to come up on sale much so it is rough to miss one.

Mary

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Quick answer, the buy zone window will not appear if you are a member. I also was not happy about the inability to buy those areas. Maybe they will run the sale again.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
LukeAndEye on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Yep, this has been a common complaint. I already bought the only dungeon in Aquila that I've unlocked so far so this doesn't apply to me. But a lot of people could save a lot, but they can't. I think you should be able to buy an area, no matter what. Also, I think you should be able to buy worlds all the zones at the same time. Saves a lot of time and also you won't get distracted by wanting to buy crowns gear instead of saving up for the next area.
Anyways, this is a problem, yeah.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
I was looking for a post I did regarding this same issue. Maybe if we send ticket to support they might be able to sell us the zone from there and reducing the amount of crowns?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
In essence members are being penalized by KI by not allowing a zone purchase system. They have such a great game,and yet they constantly perplex me on some of there methods.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
A simple solution to this would be to add zones to the crown shop. Grey out ones that are already owned on that account. As a member who started with crowns, I know the game remembers the areas bought anyways. When my membership ran out briefly last year I still had access to all the zones I bought prior to being a member still.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
I think a good idea is to pot up a zone purchase on the site so that some, can just buy the crowns and then just buy the zone. I also think the buying of a zone in the crown shop isn't a bad idea.