Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Alright, here's what I'm wondering.

I'm trying to create the "perfect pet" for my myth wizard, and I'm trying to get Spell-Proof and Spell-Defying on it. But here's what I'm wondering:

I have a pet that can get Spell-Defying, but it didn't get the talent. If I hatch this pet with another pet, if there a chance to get Spell-Defying, or can I only receive the talents it got?

-Tyler AshBlade, Lvl 68

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Yes you can get any of the talents in either parents' pool of 10 possible. I got a Betta Fish from one of the bundle cards a while ago. I trained it to Mega and never got the May Cast Healing Current talent for example. About 4-5 hatches later, it showed up as a regular talent in my pets hatched with that fish. As long as it's in the parents chances to have, it's possible for it to hatch into the new pet.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
There's still a chance you will receive spell-defying. Have you trained this pet to mega? There's still a chance you'll get it!

Haley Angleblade

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
I can't seem to get Defy on any pet with Spell Proof, it's weird because I've trained over 20 pets that could get both Spell Proof and Defy, but have only got one or the other. I'm still trying for a pet with Spell Proof and Defy, after two years, lol. Best of luck on getting your "perfect" pet.

~May Your Odds Be Never In Your Favor... GIVE 'EM TO ME!!