Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questions about the "deck"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
I had some questions about the deck use that maybe some of you veteran players can answer

1. Many people suggest having a smaller deck with the "reshuffle card" included. How do I get the reshuffle card other than as a treasure card that can only be used once?

2. Some people recommend putting defensive cards into the side deck. What is a "side deck?" If you mean the slots found below the deck, only wand cards and certain cards that come with equipment can go there. I don't see a way to put defensive cards into this area.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
sandy20850 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
I had some questions about the deck use that maybe some of you veteran players can answer

1. Many people suggest having a smaller deck with the "reshuffle card" included. How do I get the reshuffle card other than as a treasure card that can only be used once?

2. Some people recommend putting defensive cards into the side deck. What is a "side deck?" If you mean the slots found below the deck, only wand cards and certain cards that come with equipment can go there. I don't see a way to put defensive cards into this area.
I have trained reshuffle and used the TC form. What I can say about the TC form is, if I want to put other TC's in my side deck it may not always become available to me when I need it. Since I don't use very many training points any more I always have a spare one for this. I will say I use it rarely. I usually put spare TC's in side deck to use. Upper worlds seem to be plagued with random joining so running out of cards with a short deck can happen.

The Side deck is where you load TC's into your current deck. It's the gold cards at top of screen when in deck view, then all your TC's will show on the bottom right to tab though. There are TC vendors and the Bazaar to get ones you want if you don't win them. During battle you right mouse click to discard regular or wand cards and use the Draw button to bring the TC's into you hand - if they are not ones you want you have to wait until the next round to discard them. Keep in mind discarded cards are gone for that battle so don't discard ones you may need.

Mary

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
1. You can get a permanent Reshuffle card from Mildred Farseer on Colossus Boulevard; her house is in a secluded clearing near Mindy Pixiecrown. Mildred has Life Trap, Reshuffle, and the dispel for each school; each spell you train with her will cost you one training point.

There is an advantage to carrying a cache of Reshuffle treasure cards over training the spell.... the treasure card version is three pips while the permanent, trained version is four.

2. I've seen people call both their cache of treasure cards and the slots you mentioned in your original post side decks.

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Master Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Magus Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Apprentice Theurgist

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

1. Reshuffle can be trained at the secret trainer in Colossus Blvd (near Mindy Pixiehorn) at level 20+
2. Not sure they are talking about either. Specialty cards go at the bottom, treasure cards have their own tab but there is no such thing as a 'side deck.'

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
What does "TC form" mean? Are you talking about a "treasure card?"

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
"Side deck" is the treasure cards you have added. It's a pretty common term. There might be other names for it.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013

I have no idea what a "Side deck" is, but I can tell you this: reshuffle is a balance spell you get from some person in Colossus Boulevard. She is a trainer.
Having a smaller deck is a great idea because if you're fighting easy monsters, you can put multi-attack or weak spells in your deck and no healing or defenses. Or if you want more defense, you can put those cards in your deck.
I have about six personalized decks right now. It helps to name them.
Myrna Dragoncloud, level 50