Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

can you switch wizards to different accounts?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
So, I have two computers, and my brother also has a wizard. That means me and my brother can play together. There is one problem: our wizards are on the same account (He doesn't know my password, I login for him.). I know that if you use the same account at the same time on two different computers, you get banned. Is there a way I can switch his wizard to another account?

Administrator
Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Greyrose, it it possible to do it without subscribing for one year on one account? I wanted to move my brother's character onto my account, but I (or anyone else) won't be using his account after that, so it's kind of a waste. I could subscribe on my account, though, if needed.

Administrator
I'm sorry but Mr Lincoln's requirements are very clear and he doesn't make exceptions. These types of rules are in place to protect our players from those who would seek to do them harm.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jun 13, 2012
I was a bit younger and wanted to see if I could have characters on my account friends with one another, so I made the screen smaller and logged into my account, my questions are: "How does KI know if it's two different computers? Could someone get banned if you somehow didn't recognize it? Was there a chance I could've been banned that day?"
-Miranda Dreamsong lvl 43 Thaumaturge
When summer comes, Thaumaturges! Don't melt in the pool!

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Miranda Dreamsong on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
I was a bit younger and wanted to see if I could have characters on my account friends with one another, so I made the screen smaller and logged into my account, my questions are: "How does KI know if it's two different computers? Could someone get banned if you somehow didn't recognize it? Was there a chance I could've been banned that day?"
-Miranda Dreamsong lvl 43 Thaumaturge
When summer comes, Thaumaturges! Don't melt in the pool!
KI knows if there are two different computers because each computer has an IP address. Their login servers also know who is logged in.