Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Changer

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Have you ever seen or thought up a cool strategy for, say, Magus-level Storm but your storm is already level 50? Just use the Level Changer feature!

This would take the form of a slider located underneath your level on the Character Info page of your spellbook. It would be for free/unlocked permanently with Crowns/cost Crowns per level change. It would allow you to change your character's level to whatever you wish so you could use your high level Necromancer in low-level PvP if you so chose. Upon changing your level, any spells above your level will be automatically removed from your deck and will appear greyed out in your spells. Your base health and mana would revert to the appropriate numbers for your new level, and any gear above your level would automatically unequip.

A PvE use for this would be players who are considered "overleveled" for an area trying to play it as a wizard of the intended power for it, or one who craves a challenge and sets their level several levels lower than recommended.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Robobot1747 on May 7, 2014 wrote:
Have you ever seen or thought up a cool strategy for, say, Magus-level Storm but your storm is already level 50? Just use the Level Changer feature!

This would take the form of a slider located underneath your level on the Character Info page of your spellbook. It would be for free/unlocked permanently with Crowns/cost Crowns per level change. It would allow you to change your character's level to whatever you wish so you could use your high level Necromancer in low-level PvP if you so chose. Upon changing your level, any spells above your level will be automatically removed from your deck and will appear greyed out in your spells. Your base health and mana would revert to the appropriate numbers for your new level, and any gear above your level would automatically unequip.

A PvE use for this would be players who are considered "overleveled" for an area trying to play it as a wizard of the intended power for it, or one who craves a challenge and sets their level several levels lower than recommended.
Why not just take out the stronger cards? And un-equip the stronger gear? Then fight in the lower worlds, you would be weak enough for it to be a challenge.

I still do not get the point of changing your level. If you want to fight pvp as a low level, start a new character. I don't get why anyone would want to be a lower level, people like to show off their high levels. Plus, you said that it can be used to change to "any" level. So you're saying I could start a character and pay for it to be level 100 on the first day? Too many flaws and this idea does not make sense. And in my opinion, does not and never will add value to the game.

Seth NightFlame 100
Child of Light and Shadow

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Mello Lily on May 7, 2014 wrote:
Why not just take out the stronger cards? And un-equip the stronger gear? Then fight in the lower worlds, you would be weak enough for it to be a challenge.

I still do not get the point of changing your level. If you want to fight pvp as a low level, start a new character. I don't get why anyone would want to be a lower level, people like to show off their high levels. Plus, you said that it can be used to change to "any" level. So you're saying I could start a character and pay for it to be level 100 on the first day? Too many flaws and this idea does not make sense. And in my opinion, does not and never will add value to the game.

Seth NightFlame 100
Child of Light and Shadow
I was just suggesting one possible use for it in PvE. I guess you could do that, I feel a bit silly now.

However, it is a waste of time to start a new character and level all the way up to level 60 just to try out a new PvP strategy at Legendary. If all your character slots are full, you will have to delete a wizard to try it out. As for the "any" level, I meant any level equal to or below your current level. (Forgot to mention that) Leveling up your character to level 100 would be silly though, you still have to quest through the worlds.

@Jack The Ice Guy: I think you may have brain freeze from casting too many ice spells. There are no quests that allow you to go down in level, as to starting a new character, see above.

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
Robobot1747 on May 7, 2014 wrote:

i disagree

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
neonxgaming on May 8, 2014 wrote:
i disagree
I disagree with your disagreement because you aren't disagreeing with anything in particular.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Robobot1747 on May 8, 2014 wrote:
I was just suggesting one possible use for it in PvE. I guess you could do that, I feel a bit silly now.

However, it is a waste of time to start a new character and level all the way up to level 60 just to try out a new PvP strategy at Legendary. If all your character slots are full, you will have to delete a wizard to try it out. As for the "any" level, I meant any level equal to or below your current level. (Forgot to mention that) Leveling up your character to level 100 would be silly though, you still have to quest through the worlds.

@Jack The Ice Guy: I think you may have brain freeze from casting too many ice spells. There are no quests that allow you to go down in level, as to starting a new character, see above.
Don't feel silly. Just because I don't like the idea, doesn't mean it is silly. People think differently. If we all thought the same, then nothing new would come about. We would still be dwelling in caves.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sorry I don't see any possible PvE situation that warrants this. It would only be useful for PvP players to lower their level to get easier matches. So all in all there's really no valid reason for it. If you want to play low level PvP, play low level PvP with a low level character.

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
Robobot1747 on May 8, 2014 wrote:
I disagree with your disagreement because you aren't disagreeing with anything in particular.
well check my post

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
NO ONE seems to understand that this is aimed towards high-level players doing mid to high level PvP, especially those who have already made wizards.

@seethe: The matches would be equally as difficult because you would also be a lower level. Your complaint is akin to complaining that a high level wizard is using his low level wizard with more skill than the average noob.

@neon: You didn't disagree with anything in particular. Your post just says "I disagree".

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Robobot1747 on May 9, 2014 wrote:
NO ONE seems to understand that this is aimed towards high-level players doing mid to high level PvP, especially those who have already made wizards.

@seethe: The matches would be equally as difficult because you would also be a lower level. Your complaint is akin to complaining that a high level wizard is using his low level wizard with more skill than the average noob.

@neon: You didn't disagree with anything in particular. Your post just says "I disagree".
But why would a high level player want to PVP with mid-level wizards? Isn't it more challenging to keep with your own level range?

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Mello Lily on May 10, 2014 wrote:
But why would a high level player want to PVP with mid-level wizards? Isn't it more challenging to keep with your own level range?
The point of this is to use your character, but at a lower level. Your character will fight appropriately leveled wizards and be only as strong as a wizard of that level. The intent of this is to not have to level a character up to 60 if you want to PvP at level 60 and possibly have to delete a character.

Greyrose, use your Crowns vs. Time explanation here. It's actually relevant.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Robobot1747 on May 9, 2014 wrote:

My complaint is that being able to take your Lvl 100 wizard down to low level to fight easy matches just to boost rankings is a lame way to cheat the rankings and get titles and gear. Playing PvP on a newly created wizard does NOT give you a Lvl 100 Warlord that really is a Lvl 5-10 Warlord. If you want to get Warlord at a low level, do it at a low level and fight to keep it, not by cheating your way backwards and fighting noobs.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Robobot1747 on May 11, 2014 wrote:
The point of this is to use your character, but at a lower level. Your character will fight appropriately leveled wizards and be only as strong as a wizard of that level. The intent of this is to not have to level a character up to 60 if you want to PvP at level 60 and possibly have to delete a character.

Greyrose, use your Crowns vs. Time explanation here. It's actually relevant.
Then don't do ranked. Find a good PVP level 60 and do a practice run to test your skills.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Is there anyone who understands this and will not tell me to just delete a charcter and play for a couple months to make a new one, or claim that this is somehow cheating?

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Autumn Summerstone on May 21, 2014 wrote:
isn't that cheating I:
How is being a level 60 and fighting an acceptable opponent for level 60 cheating?

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Sorry, but this is really the worst idea I've seen in a long time. Really? Level Changer? I don't even need to explain why this is a bad idea. Instead of just looking at the 'good' it can do, look at all the bad this it can do to mess up the game. The bad over weighs the good by a lot.

-Nick level 95

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Nicholas Hawkspear on May 22, 2014 wrote:
Sorry, but this is really the worst idea I've seen in a long time. Really? Level Changer? I don't even need to explain why this is a bad idea. Instead of just looking at the 'good' it can do, look at all the bad this it can do to mess up the game. The bad over weighs the good by a lot.

-Nick level 95
He who makes the argument must prove it is true. What bad will it cause?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Robobot1747 on May 23, 2014 wrote:
He who makes the argument must prove it is true. What bad will it cause?
It's already been explained what bad it would cause. It would allow you to fight only low level battes in PvP to keep your WL status and still have all the benefits of high level rank and gear. If you're a 100 level Warlord, why should you be able to fight in level 5 battles to keep your rank? If you're a 100 level Private, why should you be able to fight level 5 battles to GAIN the Warlord rank?

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
seethe42 on May 24, 2014 wrote:
It's already been explained what bad it would cause. It would allow you to fight only low level battes in PvP to keep your WL status and still have all the benefits of high level rank and gear. If you're a 100 level Warlord, why should you be able to fight in level 5 battles to keep your rank? If you're a 100 level Private, why should you be able to fight level 5 battles to GAIN the Warlord rank?
It's already been explained that level 5 means level 5. I can't wear level 70 gear if I set my level to 60, and any spells above 60 will be removed from my deck and greyed out in my spellbook.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Robobot1747 on May 24, 2014 wrote:
It's already been explained that level 5 means level 5. I can't wear level 70 gear if I set my level to 60, and any spells above 60 will be removed from my deck and greyed out in my spellbook.
Warlord gear isn't limited by level. Lore spells also aren't. High level wizards also have access to TC card vendors that low levels don't. No matter how you keep trying to validate this idea, high levels playing as a low level will always have the advantage. It's a cheap trick to try and keep Warlord status at high level without having to fight the harder high level fights.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
seethe42 on May 25, 2014 wrote:
Warlord gear isn't limited by level. Lore spells also aren't. High level wizards also have access to TC card vendors that low levels don't. No matter how you keep trying to validate this idea, high levels playing as a low level will always have the advantage. It's a cheap trick to try and keep Warlord status at high level without having to fight the harder high level fights.
1. Exactly, low levels can get it too.
2. See #1.
3. Porting? Also, can't I use my higher level character and "give" TCs that way?
Yes, they likely will. This will probably cost Crowns as well. If I buy crowns gear, I will also have an advantage. It seems to me that most of this "OP" advantage could be gained by spending crowns or having a higher leveled Wizard. I just wish to expedite the process of getting to level 60 if I want to use a Legendary strategy, and avoid character deletion.

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Autumn Summerstone on May 27, 2014 wrote:
Sry robo I don't get it I:
What is there not to get? You fork over crowns, and then you can change your level to PvP at different levels; you will be limited to whatever level you chose's stats.