Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Counter Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
I was thinking, and i thought it would be cool if you guys added a sort of counter spell program

What i mean by this is if someone uses maybe a scarecrow, you could counter it if you also had an all hit spell such as Ra, and whichever one was stronger would win and get the hit on the opponents
or if someone used a scorpion and you countered with ice serpent and that blades and all that helped with boosting its power as it normally would

I think it would add a level of intensity to the battles.
It would also be cool if minions talked in battle when summoned or something :P

Please consider adding or thinking about adding something like this

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
well the minion idea is good

but counter spells should work ( if they were implemented) like this

the card to activate the counter should cost i pip BUT! it should only be available for lvl 80 and up. one pip is waw to cheap, but i balanced it with the high lvl ( change it to your like ) it would activate like this once you cast the spell the first one would cast and lift up and minimize a bit then the second one is casted and the same thing happens the weakest one fizzles in mid air and then come backs the winner to the circle and continues its attacking just a suggestion

isaac goldheart lvl 23

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
No. Just no. This is the absolute worst idea I have ever seen. *Hands you a trophy made of mist wood*
I'm not sure how this would work, as you don't really say, but I figure that there are two possible ways to implement this:
1: The Double Cast
If I cast a spell from first on you, and you cast a spell from second on me, then they "fight" and the stronger one wins. This would leave PvE mostly unaffected, but PvP would be thrown into chaos and become a game consisting mostly of psychological warfare, trying to trick your opponent into thinking you are casting now when in reality you are going to cast the next turn after your opponent exhausts their pips and blades. 99% of players would despise this new PvP.
2: The Counter Alert
In this, whenever someone casts an attack spell, the game will alert you of an incoming spell and allow you to counter it with your own spell. This differs from The Double Cast in the sense that you don't have to anticipate the opponent's moves. You might as well just say storm wizards win PvP forever. A duel between a Necromancer and a Diviner might look something like this:
: I cast Wraith to heal myself and hit you!
: Triton, no effect, lots of damage for you.
: I cast Vampire!
: Storm Shark, countered again.
And on and on... nobody would be able to get a hit on Storm wizards. This would also have the added effect of nerfing to oblivion PvE, as you could bring a friend to counter every big hit the boss uses while blading up for a massive AoE (Your friend will always do more damage because monsters can't bladestack and have no damage boost).

Bottom line, this is a BAD idea, I would not add this.

On a happier note, it would be cool for a minion to say a random summoning phrase like "I will fight for my master!". That I would add.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
Then how about you can only use the rank spell there using like a rank 3 banshee vs rank 3 Snowman and if Nobody has any in hand then it proceeds as normal

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
well i am with robobot, this is not a very good idea, but the minions would be good, and you could personalizw what he/she says!

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
i agree it a bad ideal but guys don't need to be rude and mean to him about it i mean it's just a ideal

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
sliver moon wolf on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
i agree it a bad ideal but guys don't need to be rude and mean to him about it i mean it's just a ideal
why would we be mean? the minion idea is good, but we are not saying he is dumb or something, just that its not a good idea for the game, that all

isaac goldheart lvl 23

Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
Axel559 on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
Then how about you can only use the rank spell there using like a rank 3 banshee vs rank 3 Snowman and if Nobody has any in hand then it proceeds as normal
that still isnt good because any non storm wizard against a storm, well lets put it this way.

evil snowman(240-300damage)

storm shark (375-435damage) nice try i get to hit while you can't.

lets try a frost giant(475damage to all enemies plus stun)

oh no you don't x casts storm lord x (685(i think)damage to all enemies plus stun).

(kind of like what robobot said)
at high levels storm would rise up top in pvp making more unbalanced than it already is. That would give storm a heavy advantage. it will also get complicated with Aoe's as they hit with less damage. take tempest (5 pips for example and compare it to the stormzilla as it costs 5 pips too.
tempest 5 pips: 400 damage to all enemies.
stormzilla: 655-735 damage to one person.
it will also remove pvp as the storm wizard will have an almost guarenteed win. it could even make people report the other person because they can't hit the other person without being "outcasted".

the minions btw are a good idea.
sorry for the long post