Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School Idea - Light School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
So a lot of people have been enjoying the new Shadow spells that came along with Khrysalis Part 1. We're likely to see more spells for the school with the release of Khrysalis Part 2, but what schools can we expect to see in the future. I like to think big, so let's just say the Third Story Arc. New worlds, new monsters, new quests, and surely it will be the most difficult thing we've ever come across. So what might come to help us fight in those new worlds? We just got Shadow magic, which is a sort of buff to all of our spells at the cost of Backlash and can only be used when carrying a Shadow Pip. What if there were to be a sister school to Shadow Magic called the Light School? Although I'm not quite sure whether normal pips would work for this school or if KingsIsle would implement Light Pips as well, (they're smart, they could figure something out) I can definitely mention some things I would like to see this new school bring.

My thoughts for this was that the Light School works more like the Sun School. It provides enchantments for spells but instead of buffing the spell directly, it adds an additional effect to the spell. For example, say you have Ra up in a battle. Now you have a Light spell that adds a Stun effect to an attack spell at the cost of some damage (this is to keep spells from being too overpowered). So let's say you use the Light spell on your Ra and it is now weaker, but will now stun all enemies it hits. Other effects that could be implemented are things like DoT effects, reduced accuracy effects, pip burning effects, blade removal effects, etc. I think this would be very useful in battles, and could even make PvP a little more interesting. Remember that these spells will not be available until past level 100 as well.

Let me know what you think

Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
Aerier on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
So a lot of people have been enjoying the new Shadow spells that came along with Khrysalis Part 1. We're likely to see more spells for the school with the release of Khrysalis Part 2, but what schools can we expect to see in the future. I like to think big, so let's just say the Third Story Arc. New worlds, new monsters, new quests, and surely it will be the most difficult thing we've ever come across. So what might come to help us fight in those new worlds? We just got Shadow magic, which is a sort of buff to all of our spells at the cost of Backlash and can only be used when carrying a Shadow Pip. What if there were to be a sister school to Shadow Magic called the Light School? Although I'm not quite sure whether normal pips would work for this school or if KingsIsle would implement Light Pips as well, (they're smart, they could figure something out) I can definitely mention some things I would like to see this new school bring.

My thoughts for this was that the Light School works more like the Sun School. It provides enchantments for spells but instead of buffing the spell directly, it adds an additional effect to the spell. For example, say you have Ra up in a battle. Now you have a Light spell that adds a Stun effect to an attack spell at the cost of some damage (this is to keep spells from being too overpowered). So let's say you use the Light spell on your Ra and it is now weaker, but will now stun all enemies it hits. Other effects that could be implemented are things like DoT effects, reduced accuracy effects, pip burning effects, blade removal effects, etc. I think this would be very useful in battles, and could even make PvP a little more interesting. Remember that these spells will not be available until past level 100 as well.

Let me know what you think
I like that idea. Imagine what awesome spells you could make. You should also be able to make them into TC's and sell them into the Bazaar if you want your card to be spreaded throughout the game. You could maybe like get a card approved by KI and if they think it's good enough, it could become a dropped spell from the Loremaster! Another reason to farm it and plus, think if you got your own spell. That would be awesome!