Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Idea to Improve the Game

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 30, 2010
Eliminate Shadow Magic. It makes the game worse, please fix this horrible addition to the game. I don't think Shrike should exist the other spells need tweaked, still none of them serve a correct BALANCED function.

Shrike is entirely overpowered. Remove it immediately or reduce the pierce to 25-35%. 50% is outrageous.

Add counters to immunity that aren't ridiculous (like Shrike) make the arena fun not take all fun out by having Shrike nonsense so that shields don't matter.

I hate Shrike. Please fix this spell it's unbalanced or you need to allow Level 75 minions and other stuff because they are less powerful than SHRIKE, and yet SHRIKE is allowed.

That's nonsense and unacceptable.

Thank you.

Remove Shadow Shrike from the game.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
shadow shrike should not be removed from the game it is a good spell if you have a boss that spams shield it helps with piercing the shield to barely nothing. in pvp it helps with the immunity of ice.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
As much as I would love to see this eliminated, it won't happen.
So here is a compromise: make all shadow spells no-pvp.

I think that's where a lot of the issue stems from is that people in the arena are getting annoyed that 2-minute duels are becoming a thing. Shrike has removed any and all strategy from pvp, though it's a saving grace to a balance wizard in pve, who has no way to get rid of shields and no longer has to waste 6 pips to shatter on those bosses who spam them.

So make it no-pvp, and watch the complaints magically disappear.

-von "problem solved, you're all welcome" shadowsong
the awesome sauce-erer.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Stop spamming already! We get that you hate everything about the Khrysalis update! It's very rude of you to say that all of the ideas are bad. Well, removing Shadow Magic would be a bad idea. So just stop! We are all tired of your spamming. You are being very rude.

-Nick level 95

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I disagree entirely, Shadow Shrike is a great addition to PvP. It does not remove strategy from the game but is another factor for you to deal with. It has numerous counters and numerous drawbacks. As for the "2 minute matches" that Von mentioned, those don't occur because of shrike. Frequently a shadow pip does not show up or a shadow spell in hand before 2 minutes. I do not support making shrike no PvP as it has addressed some of the many issues in PvP such as the aforementioned immunity and has made the second turn disadvantage less daunting. I am also confused as to how this removes "any and all" strategy from PvP. Was PvP strategy dependent on single shields?

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
shadow magic is a great addition!
I do have to agree that Shrike is a bit OP. either lower Shrike, or bump up the other 2 shadow spells.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dr Von on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:

I think that's where a lot of the issue stems from is that people in the arena are getting annoyed that 2-minute duels are becoming a thing. Shrike has removed any and all strategy from pvp, though it's a saving grace to a balance wizard in pve, who has no way to get rid of shields and no longer has to waste 6 pips to shatter on those bosses who spam them.

the awesome sauce-erer.
Shrike hasn't removed strategy from PvP at all. It's forced players to come up with new strategy is all. There are plenty of pvp players who are capable of adjusting and use Shrike against the caster. It locks the caster into one choice. It brought back the use of alternate utility spells. The claim that it removes all strategy is just ridiculous. Every school except balance can be defended with 30, 50, 55, 70, 70, 75, 75, 80, 85 stackable shields. There's nothing overpowered or lacking in strategy in a spell that nullifies just one shield. If you cannot counter shrike, maybe you need a new strategy.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Maybe they could give us storm wizards more health. one advantage we get is power... but disadvantages include least health, least accuracy, and the worst blade not too mention the worst level 18 minion that always shields and heals itself.

Defender
May 01, 2011
KI would not remove shadow magic, since it will probably be playing a major role in the second part of the new world. Sorry.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
Despite whether or not it can be used for PvP, I think that the real reason for shrike was for PvE, to deal with all of the super powered enemies in Khrysalis. Also, shrike is probably the only useful thing for storm and fire wizards against wizards with immunity like ice. And you suggest we get rid of it? Then what would we do? I frequently use shrike to battle in my PvE battles, and it is immensely helpful. Also, you say that it does not contribute to the "BALANCE" of the spiral, but that is the whole point of shadow magic, it provides a whole new twist on the spiral, and it exists on its own, outside the normal plain of magic. Furthermore, if you hate it so much, do not go against others higher than level 92.

Michael Goldenflame Level 95

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
Please make Shrike NO PVP as it should have been. Shadow Shrike has no buisness in PVP none of the Shadow spells do either, honestly.

Remove Shadow spells from PVP please or nerf them. It's way out of hand.

Shadow spells entirely overpowered.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
I think Shrike is a great counter to players who rely entirely on their resistance in the arena. The funny thing about armor piercing is that it is effectively useless if your opponent isn't stacking on shields and resistances. If all you do in the arena is sit around with your high universal resist and cover yourself in shields, then yes, Shrike is going to destroy you. Universal resistance was becoming far too easy to get, and I think players were getting just a bit too reliant on their massive defenses. If your entire strategy gets turned on its head by a single spell, it isn't a very good strategy.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
some people just don't like change. personally, i love shrike. i also like my pvp fast and exiting. omg i hate pvp matches that last an hour. yay shrike!

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
Please make Shrike NO PVP as it should have been. Shadow Shrike has no buisness in PVP none of the Shadow spells do either, honestly.

Remove Shadow spells from PVP please or nerf them. It's way out of hand.

Shadow spells entirely overpowered.
Why? Defend your ideas. I see grand claims that these spells are overpowered and should be banned but I see no argument to back it up. Bring some evidence to the table.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2008
Dr Von on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:

the awesome sauce-erer.
I completely agree, and to the person who says shadow shrike doesn't make 2min matches, it kinda does though not directly. Since shadow shrike resist has become a useless stat, people ignore resist then focus on damage and critical so they use hades gear. So now everybody has 80-100 damage, 450+ critical with little to no resist(Not to mention 50%+ piercing to counter any towers). You say shadow shrike helps balance out the burdens of going second? Well, everybody is using hades gear(because of shadow shrike) so first turn wild bolt/insane bolt possibly even kraken knock outs are not uncommon at all. Then in 4v4 whoever goes first wins for certainty, everyone just spams 4 pip aoe spells and wins first turn(This makes it impossible for a school like life with an 8 pip aoe spell to do 4v4 pvp)

I was very happy with the release of piercing and even predicted the arrival, I was glad they had a piercing aura too(infallible). However, 50% is just WAY too much, I am extremely disappointed in wizard101 and this is by far the worst update I've seen since I made my account in November 2008. To those who don't like jade gear or other sets of gear with high resist, they have no damage and can only take you out if they stack blades, so use doom and don't let them stack blades, it's not that difficult.

Storm has always had it pretty easy, this update makes it even easier for storm. Now I can get +100 rating in 20mins on a storm(matches are so quick). However, it makes my life struggle even more, heals aren't very useful anymore since you can't keep up with 100% damage+critical spams+275 enchant, only have an 8 pip aoe spell, low base damage on spells. I see it from both sides, 1 warlord storm, 1 commander life. I miss back in the day when healing spells healed more than an equal ranked attack spell dealt in damage...

PLEASE take shadow shrike out of pvp, it makes sense to be used in pve and I have no problem with that, just take it out of pvp PLEASE.

~Multiple warlords

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
I find it's kind of funny how you want Shrike removed, yet you also want immunity removed. Shrike was mostly made to combat immunity. Anyways, 50% armor pierce is not outrageous. A simple Tower Shield removes all the armor pierce Shrike gives. It's a bit overhyped. School-specific shields take away the usefulness of it even more with their added resist.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Falconry1 on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
I completely agree, and to the person who says shadow shrike doesn't make 2min matches, it kinda does though not directly. Since shadow shrike resist has become a useless stat, people ignore resist then focus on damage and critical so they use hades gear. So now everybody has 80-100 damage, 450+ critical with little to no resist(Not to mention 50%+ piercing to counter any towers). You say shadow shrike helps balance out the burdens of going second? Well, everybody is using hades gear(because of shadow shrike) so first turn wild bolt/insane bolt possibly even kraken knock outs are not uncommon at all. Then in 4v4 whoever goes first wins for certainty, everyone just spams 4 pip aoe spells and wins first turn(This makes it impossible for a school like life with an 8 pip aoe spell to do 4v4 pvp)

I was very happy with the release of piercing and even predicted the arrival, I was glad they had a piercing aura too(infallible). However, 50% is just WAY too much, I am extremely disappointed in wizard101 and this is by far the worst update I've seen since I made my account in November 2008. To those who don't like jade gear or other sets of gear with high resist, they have no damage and can only take you out if they stack blades, so use doom and don't let them stack blades, it's not that difficult.

Storm has always had it pretty easy, this update makes it even easier for storm. Now I can get +100 rating in 20mins on a storm(matches are so quick). However, it makes my life struggle even more, heals aren't very useful anymore since you can't keep up with 100% damage+critical spams+275 enchant, only have an 8 pip aoe spell, low base damage on spells. I see it from both sides, 1 warlord storm, 1 commander life. I miss back in the day when healing spells healed more than an equal ranked attack spell dealt in damage...

PLEASE take shadow shrike out of pvp, it makes sense to be used in pve and I have no problem with that, just take it out of pvp PLEASE.

~Multiple warlords
How does it make for 2 minute matches if a shadow pip does not even show up in 2 minutes? Resist is far from useless. It's effects remain exactly the same until someone uses shrike and then only when someone uses shrike. It is impossible for life to do 4v4? Life jades in teams are extremely common and are often the anchor of the entire team. If you are getting first turn wild bolt/ insane bolt/kraken to death I suggest improving your block. Storm never had it easy(at least in 1v1). Confer with any proficient PvP player and you will find that 1v1, storm was always one of the lowest tier schools to play. I also have multiple warlords myself and I do not support removing shrike from PvP.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
How about a proposal. Ban Shike from Tournaments and 3v3, and 4v4 Ranked PVP Matches. That way, it will be fair.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
Nicholas Hawkspear on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
Stop spamming already! We get that you hate everything about the Khrysalis update! It's very rude of you to say that all of the ideas are bad. Well, removing Shadow Magic would be a bad idea. So just stop! We are all tired of your spamming. You are being very rude.

-Nick level 95
everyone's entitled to their own opinions

Survivor
Mar 12, 2012
In all honesty, i believe shadow shrike balances the game instead of makes it unfair, in pvp as well as normal questing, opponents will often shield and sometimes there's just no way to get around it, that's why shrike, in my opinion, is a great equalizer, and there are ways to get around it, most shields block 70% of damage, with shrike you will still get an extra 20% resist plus your own resistance from your gear.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2012
As well as the fact that shadow pips aren't very common, and that shadow spells only last 3 rounds, which can make them a bit more unreliable, so, in all honesty, KingsIsle have done a great job introducing shadow magic and keeping everything fair.