Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Updates to Fire Magic & Fire Wizards

AuthorMessage
Administrator
I'm excited to announce that Fire Wizards are going to have a little more health in the early levels. This only impacts Fire Wizards that are under level 15.

See the chart on the update notes showing the previous maximum natural health and the newly adjusted maximum natural health.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/march2014

Remember, maximum health can also be impacted by health bonuses on gear that you have equipped. See your character panel (Press C when you're not in a duel) for more information about the boosts and bonuses from your currently equipped gear.

As we continue to balance the early levels of being a Fire Wizard, we are adjusting the health of some of the bosses on Firecat Alley, as well as modifying the Fire and Ice Shields cast by creatures in Wizard City. The most noticable improvement for our young Fire Wizards will be the changes to the initial damage of the Fire Elf Spell.

The Yellow Fire Elf, Christmas Elf, and all Treasure Card and Pet variations are unchanged.
Bonus! The Fire Elf once again has varied spell animations! Some of our veteran players may recognize the Fire Elf's moves from when the spell had more animations, and those cool moves are back! Cast a Fire Elf today!

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Would the enemies get the same change in fire elf strength? And wouldn't it be "hot moves"?

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
Yay cool for fire wizards, more health and bosses will be easier, but fire elf got too powerful!!! its now a total of 310 damage!!! i mean, isnt storm supposed to be stronger? lighting bats are 245-285 i think, i must say it was pretty weak before, a total of 200 damage, and snow serpent and leprechaun are something like that, but 310 damage!? almost as strong as sunbird!!! It would be better if it was, 75+150?

Richard FrostBreeze level 78
William level 28
Steven Blade level 58
A fire guy whose name i forgot (level 8)

Hero
May 02, 2009
Richard FrostBreez... on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:
Yay cool for fire wizards, more health and bosses will be easier, but fire elf got too powerful!!! its now a total of 310 damage!!! i mean, isnt storm supposed to be stronger? lighting bats are 245-285 i think, i must say it was pretty weak before, a total of 200 damage, and snow serpent and leprechaun are something like that, but 310 damage!? almost as strong as sunbird!!! It would be better if it was, 75+150?

Richard FrostBreeze level 78
William level 28
Steven Blade level 58
A fire guy whose name i forgot (level 8)
Keep in mind that fire elf is a damage over time spell, and dots are naturally stronger than their single-hit counterparts. The tradeoff for that though is that the total amount of damage is spread out over 3 rounds, so wizards have to find just the right times to correctly use fire elf (and really any spell in the game really) to their advantage.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
flash33 on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:
Keep in mind that fire elf is a damage over time spell, and dots are naturally stronger than their single-hit counterparts. The tradeoff for that though is that the total amount of damage is spread out over 3 rounds, so wizards have to find just the right times to correctly use fire elf (and really any spell in the game really) to their advantage.
155 base damage per pip is a little too high. Per pip base is higher than any storm spell except Storm Owl. I agree that it was low before, but 75 + 210 would put it more in line, making it equal to Lightniing Bats upper limit.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
The school spell is now OP. Bringing the first hit from 50 to 70 or 75 would be a significant upgrade. 100 is absurd. Yes, it's a DoT, but still 310 damage for 2 pips? Too much.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
It's not really that much of a difference, but hey will take it!

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
I'm excited to announce that Fire Wizards are going to have a little more health in the early levels. This only impacts Fire Wizards that are under level 15.

See the chart on the update notes showing the previous maximum natural health and the newly adjusted maximum natural health.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/march2014

Remember, maximum health can also be impacted by health bonuses on gear that you have equipped. See your character panel (Press C when you're not in a duel) for more information about the boosts and bonuses from your currently equipped gear.

As we continue to balance the early levels of being a Fire Wizard, we are adjusting the health of some of the bosses on Firecat Alley, as well as modifying the Fire and Ice Shields cast by creatures in Wizard City. The most noticable improvement for our young Fire Wizards will be the changes to the initial damage of the Fire Elf Spell.

The Yellow Fire Elf, Christmas Elf, and all Treasure Card and Pet variations are unchanged.
Bonus! The Fire Elf once again has varied spell animations! Some of our veteran players may recognize the Fire Elf's moves from when the spell had more animations, and those cool moves are back! Cast a Fire Elf today!
You have to admit, the new fire elf is a little overpowered, it's stronger than lightingbats! (or storm bats WHATEVER!)

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I saw one of the new animations. They are hot moves, no doubt.

Survivor
May 28, 2011
It's bout time there's something change to the fire spell at least the elf but still doesn't change the fact that ice school has the highest resistance against Fire and Storm.The Storm wise has the crazy lightning bolt and insane lightning can finish you within 2 strike in player vs player.Actually is not bout how much damage is the spell is bout how to use the spell itself to create more effective.The elf doesn't make that much of a different so let it go and embrace the new updates but there's one we cannot ignore is the pet updates having tap to reduce the rate of our pets that has been totally trained fully potential up to mega with the talents include fairy.This pet issue has to be review back to the pole.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
What school are you in, and what spells have you learned?
I'm in:

Spells:
Fire Elf - 6 Levels ago
That shield thingy that gives -70% Storm and Ice - 3 Levels ago
Sunbird - 1 Level ago
Current Level: 11
How many more spells until Master wizard: 5
How many more levels until Master wizard: 33

Thanks,
Fire Sword

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
seethe42 on Feb 28, 2014 wrote:
155 base damage per pip is a little too high. Per pip base is higher than any storm spell except Storm Owl. I agree that it was low before, but 75 + 210 would put it more in line, making it equal to Lightniing Bats upper limit.
Idk maybe you are right but most of fire's dot spells are stronger than the storm spell with the same pip cost. I won't deny it but my main char is my max lvl fire. It's pretty much up to KI. Fire dragon does more damage overall than storm lord but storm lord does have its stun to help balance it out. Fire elf on the other hand simply does more damage now than lightning bats while bats does not have a special effect to balance it out. So like I said it's pretty much up to KI.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2013
It's about time. Fire needs to be seen as a strong school, people ignore Fire Drag, RoF, SS, and Efreet and look to the lower level spells. Fire is very powerful and very important.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Wow that's overpowered. A level 5 Fire can do 20% more damage per round than a level 14 Storm and has 5% better accuracy, with as much health as Myth. Even with no gear, a level 5 fire can defeat any normal Wizard City boss in 4 rounds or less.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
TheRealBlaze on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
It's about time. Fire needs to be seen as a strong school, people ignore Fire Drag, RoF, SS, and Efreet and look to the lower level spells. Fire is very powerful and very important.
True, fire dragon has a weak first hit and a weak dot. It may do the most damage of all the schools rank 7 spells but the dot makes it a bit annoying.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2013
stormninja542 on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
True, fire dragon has a weak first hit and a weak dot. It may do the most damage of all the schools rank 7 spells but the dot makes it a bit annoying.
:/ Yeah, sadly. But with boost I can make it do as much as 2,000, first hit!

Survivor
Mar 30, 2012
I think this is fine but the new fire spells is just... amazing

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
It affects enemies too i die too many times because of this maybe make it less op for enemies?