Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Identifying Cards Suggestion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
When using potent trap or sharpened blade, there should be some identification of this.

When battling multiple mobs stacking traps, blades etc. it sometimes gets confusing as to what you have sharpened, what is normal what is potent, etc etc.

My suggestion, color changes.

Simple white or gold (yellow) color for sharpened or potent items. This would keep the player informed as to what has or has not been added too.

Just a thought.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Agreed. I have been having trouble stacking in Azteca cause I forget what I have used potent or sharpened on.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I'm not quite sure I follow you...

Item Sharpen or Potent's are Blue
Spell Sharpen or Potent's are Yellow..

If this wasn't what you meant, and what you meant was that when the blade or trap is on, it's a different color...
Then I don't think it's a great idea.
There really aren't all that many blades to put on, usually your own school, and the Elemental/Spirit.
Those are the only ones you can sharpen, unhless you're balance, then there's Bladestorm as well....

You should have a relatively easy time remembering what you've sharpened, or potented.

I have item and spell sharpens, I'm balance and work with a fire and a death.
I sharpen Both Elemental and Spirit traps twice each, along with balance blade so they all stack, and I sharpen bladestorm to top the stack off, giving each character a total of 8 blades.

I really don't see a need for this

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
Sarg042 on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
I'm not quite sure I follow you...

Item Sharpen or Potent's are Blue
Spell Sharpen or Potent's are Yellow..

If this wasn't what you meant, and what you meant was that when the blade or trap is on, it's a different color...
Then I don't think it's a great idea.
There really aren't all that many blades to put on, usually your own school, and the Elemental/Spirit.
Those are the only ones you can sharpen, unhless you're balance, then there's Bladestorm as well....

You should have a relatively easy time remembering what you've sharpened, or potented.

I have item and spell sharpens, I'm balance and work with a fire and a death.
I sharpen Both Elemental and Spirit traps twice each, along with balance blade so they all stack, and I sharpen bladestorm to top the stack off, giving each character a total of 8 blades.

I really don't see a need for this
It isn't entirely needed no.. but, once a blade is sharpened or a trap is potent, it should be able to be identified as such since it is different.

Now, add in the fact of random blade casts by pets, etc, People casting in party.. traps of school, curse, feints, etc which can all be potent or normal. The random people joining a party, porting in, whatever the case may be, being able to quickly identify sharpened or potent blades and traps would help the party.

Yes, you can keep up with it in other ways, but since these are changing spells, it should change the output. (just an opinion).

Also, consider this.. if you have a couple of deaths casting traps feints etc, wouldn't it be nice to look at 4 mobs know which ones have potents and which have normal? That way you don't accidently stack and waste these traps?

Just a thought you guys/gals. Your input counts too :-)

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I think either the damage % boost should be on the blades themselves or else the bigger percentage the blade, the larger it is in physical size. Exampe: 's smallest blades, next, and , , and larger.

Or if they were even slightly darker or lighter shades of the schoool to indicate sharpened vs unsharpened.