Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

there should be a polymorph myth

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Hello,

I was wondering why there is not any polymorph myth?
I am storm, And I would like to polymorph when I am up against storm.
I know use a prism. But every school has at least one polymorph.
death 1
balance 1
fire 2
life 2
ice 3
storm 3
myth 0 ?
nothing more to say. Please share, debate.

Thank You,
Mark Dragonleaf L70 Storm

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You'd die very quickly if you did morph to myth. At your level storm vs storm battles should be the easiest bosses for you. Eureka Coif hat, Pandamonium Platemail robe, and Eureka Wraps boots. These will give you a +64% attack, +15% accuracy, +40 Critical and most importantly a +72 Storm resist. This setup is a must have for Storm on Storm bosses at your level until you can craft better boots. All of those items are very common gear in the Bazaar, and they are all level 56-58 gear.

Polymorphs are really worthless for solo battles. I am kinda surprised there isn't a myth one, but really I also don't see a big use for it. All the other polymorphs provide something to bring to a team, what would myth bring? Minions?

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
seethe42 on Feb 24, 2014 wrote:
You'd die very quickly if you did morph to myth. At your level storm vs storm battles should be the easiest bosses for you. Eureka Coif hat, Pandamonium Platemail robe, and Eureka Wraps boots. These will give you a +64% attack, +15% accuracy, +40 Critical and most importantly a +72 Storm resist. This setup is a must have for Storm on Storm bosses at your level until you can craft better boots. All of those items are very common gear in the Bazaar, and they are all level 56-58 gear.

Polymorphs are really worthless for solo battles. I am kinda surprised there isn't a myth one, but really I also don't see a big use for it. All the other polymorphs provide something to bring to a team, what would myth bring? Minions?
All the other polymorphs provide something to bring to a team, what would myth bring? Minions?

This is exactly what I mean when I say that in groups Myth is by far the weakest overall school. No question.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
ViciousVenomousVix... on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:
All the other polymorphs provide something to bring to a team, what would myth bring? Minions?

This is exactly what I mean when I say that in groups Myth is by far the weakest overall school. No question.
That is not the topic here. All other morphs provide some benefit to the player. Myth as a morph really has nothing to offer except that it boosts Ice and double hits around tower. For people in a team of other schools it really offers nothing worth changing to a poly for. That isn't even remotely the same thing as a myth wizard with his full spectrum of spells. I repeat that death offers the least to groups. My myth is typically the hammer when I'm in groups. Maybe you just play with wizards that don't know how to properly use their school.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Polymorphs, as we all know, are designed to do well in Group Play. Storm and Fire Polymorphs are heavy hitters, Ice Polymorphs will either take defensive buff rolls (Icehorn and Gobbler) or offensive rolls (Colossus), Life Polymorphs generally have many heals, Balance Polymorphs provide buffs and Death polymorphs balance out with a mix of debuffs and buffs.

I would think if there were a Myth polymorph, it would not include the aforemention minions. Minions in Group play don't do well with the team are geared for solo play. But Myth is constantly over looked as being a Minion school and many people don't seem to recognize they're 2 other effects, same kinda happens for Storm to some extents.

Myth is a school, a side from Minions, that excels in getting rid of Wards and Stunning the heck out of players. If there were a Myth Polymorph, it's deck would be built to have heavy-hitting spells, stunning spells and ward destroying spells: Stun, Blinding Light, Medusa, Basilisk, Minotaur, Orthrus, Cleanse Ward, Pierce, Shatter, Earthquake, and general myth buffs.

So say 2 Fire Wizards and 2 Ice Wizards are going against each other. The Fire Wizards keep spamming Traps, Ice Shield and Galvanic Shield over and over and the Ice Wizards can get DoT's out fast enough to do anything about it. One of the Ice Wizards could polymorph into a Myth creature and use Shatter to rid the Fire's Shields, Stun the oppotents to make time or help the friend get rid of traps on them. That would be a beneffitial roll to the Myth school in Group play.

Though the main reason KI probably hasn't made such a Polymorph is because the Moon School is not the most popular school, Myth is not a school built for group play and would have limited role as such, or such concepts of a Myth Polymorph have been diminished by the TC Shatter and Myth Mastery Amulets.

In Group Play, I often ready my deck with Polymorphs, and I'd be very interested in seeing what KI would do with a Myth one.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I have a . I love the single attack spells. However that is where the love stops. Frog and earthquake are not stronger than Forest lord or Scarecrow (considering it hits all enemies and heals caster). They are not stronger than life, death or ice's aoe spells. Death also has deer knight, and team plagues to play.

I completely disagree. has WAY more team function than has. x 2

Earthquake and blinding light big deal lol. Sorry but most of 's spells are outdated for its class. A lot of the spells act like we are still at the Level 50 level cap. Yes, they can double hit (can't double hit all), yes they can remove some shields aside from earthquake they can't do it to all. They can remove traps lol one person at a time and one trap at a time. is best suited in 1v1. The lack of myth all enemy spells (not just attacks) prove it.

has some great spells but it's team function is VERY lacking. There is no way is weaker than in a 4v4 match. Sorry not buying it for a second.

= great in 1v1, but very very underpowered in groups

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Enough Vicious, we get your point, you don't like myth in pvp which wasn't the topic or the topic you changed it to either. Drop it. There is a lot more to this game than pvp. Groups also refers to dungeons.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
Actually, "PVP" as you can seee if you READ, was not even mentioned ONCE in my post. There reason there is no myth polymorph is simply because it lacks function in groups (dungeons if you will). THAT is why there isn't one.

My post was dead on topic, you assumed because I didn't reference the myth polymorph it wasn't on topic, when it very much was indeed. Thanks!

Historian
May 28, 2009
If there was to be a myth polymorph, the best cards to have will be to take down offenses since each polymorph is to allow the user to do things they usually won't be able to, either to be extremely strong, heal a lot or really defensive, so have cards like pierce, shatter and earthquake etc . to accomplish what moon spells are supposed to do: give the player the specialty of another school.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
well i still agree, cause in my other topic "sun, moon and star spell ideas!" Someone posted there should be a polymorph myth. Maybe they don't have polymorphs cause they have lots of minions to help them and just to make the advantage equal